Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lomachenko the fastest and most athletic white boxer ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lomachenko the fastest and most athletic white boxer ever?

What other white boxers demonstrate that same special speed? If you watch his amateur fights in the Olympics you can really see how fast he is.

What are you describing as "athletic"? I see him as being highly technique-driven. "Athletic" tends to describe guys like Roy and Pacquiao who do unusual things which rely on physical gifts more than technique. The things Loma does now, he should be able to do in 5, or even 10 years because they are rooted in technique, not athleticism.
    No, Loma is not the most athletic white boxer ever.

Comment

Faster than a Doberman Pinscher, they can catch the average white boy.

Comment

Yea definitely very highly skilled boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          What are you describing as "athletic"? I see him as being highly technique-driven. "Athletic" tends to describe guys like Roy and Pacquiao who do unusual things which rely on physical gifts more than technique. The things Loma does now, he should be able to do in 5, or even 10 years because they are rooted in technique, not athleticism.
          No, Loma is not the most athletic white boxer ever.
          Loma doesn't have that same raw athleticism of Manny or Roy but he's still very athletic. You can't pull off what he does in the ring with just solid technique. But Loma does have some very impressive speed which IS dependent on one's genetics.

Who do you think is the most athletic white boxer then?

Comment

He's not white doe

Comment

Much like Calzaghe, you can punch fast without setting yourself up for power... however I don't really see Loma that fast.

Comment

He's fast and has obvious impressive athletic talent, but I think it's more a mastery of technical aspects and angles. I guess he moves his feet faster than most but he makes few mistakes and has mastered a lot of the nuances of the sport. If you took away 50% of his speed he'd still be excellent and dominating such are his technical skills and intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                  He's not white doe
                  He is white. At least that's how I would describe him

Comment

joe calzaghe was faster and a better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X