No announcement yet.

Canelo, the critics, the failure to realize:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo, the critics, the failure to realize:

What's funny is most of you guys just want to see Canelo get exploited by guys who run around the ring and pot-shot him just so you can call Canelo a bum. So you can prove Canelo can't beat them at "their game," failing to realize they can't beat Canelo at "his game." It's a lose-lose situation and makes for a ****, stinker fight like Saturday night.

Instead you should be encouraging favorable match-up's against top comp like Cotto and Kirkland who only has one flash loss. And it favors Canelo's style and we can see a real fight.

But no, you're so worried about seeing him get "schooled" at something we already know, he's not a run and gun fighter. Get over it.

I'm on record saying I want Cotto Canelo in December!

Comment

Look styles make fights, how many times does that have to be repeated in order for fans to understand it?

Sugar Ray Leonard loses to Duran, beats Hearns. Hearns KO's Duran in brutal fashion, Hearns gets KO'd in brutal fashion by Hagler. Hagler loses to Leonard in a 12 round boxing clinic.

In Spanish we call it "No se acomodo" meaning "He didn't get comfortable". Sometimes a fighter makes you uncomfortable in their style and will make you look bad no matter what.

Canelo vs Lara was a bad style match up, just like Mayweather vs Canelo was. Cotto vs Canelo is a great style match up.

Canelo isn't overrated, or underrated, he is what he is. One of the best 154lbers in the world, and has proven he can beat guys like Trout, Lara, and Angulo who cannot be just taken lightly.

Let's not make Canelo a god, but at the same time let's give this 23 year old with 41 pro fights his props.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        What's funny is most of you guys just want to see Canelo get exploited by guys who run around the ring and pot-shot him just so you can call Canelo a bum. So you can prove Canelo can't beat them at "their game," failing to realize they can't beat Canelo at "his game." It's a lose-lose situation and makes for a ****, stinker fight like Saturday night.

Instead you should be encouraging favorable match-up's against top comp like Cotto and Kirkland who only has one flash loss. And it favors Canelo's style and we can see a real fight.

But no, you're so worried about seeing him get "schooled" at something we already know, he's not a run and gun fighter. Get over it.
        what game is that? having corrupt judges give him gift scores? sure no one can beat him at that game.

canelo hype man needs to move up to his real weightclass (middleweight) and get good boy'ed by golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
          I'm on record saying I want Cotto Canelo in December!
          Me too! I hope they make that fight happen already!

Comment

"Pot shotters" like who other than Lara? Who is the next pot shotters that fans are so desperate to see in the ring with him? And I have an idea what your answer is so be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Look styles make fights, how many times does that have to be repeated in order for fans to understand it?

Sugar Ray Leonard loses to Duran, beats Hearns. Hearns KO's Duran in brutal fashion, Hearns gets KO'd in brutal fashion by Hagler. Hagler loses to Leonard in a 12 round boxing clinic.

In Spanish we call it "No se acomodo" meaning "He didn't get comfortable". Sometimes a fighter makes you uncomfortable in their style and will make you look bad no matter what.

Canelo vs Lara was a bad style match up, just like Mayweather vs Canelo was. Cotto vs Canelo is a great style match up.

Canelo isn't overrated, or underrated, he is what he is. One of the best 154lbers in the world, and has proven he can beat guys like Trout, Lara, and Angulo who cannot be just taken lightly.

Let's not make Canelo a god, but at the same time let's give this 23 year old with 41 pro fights his props.
                Cuau always spot on. He's a damn good fighter and he's proving it fight by fight.

He doesn't look great against movers but he showed he's a good enough fighter that he can pull off a win against elite fighters where the style matchup doesn't favor him.

Comment

I'm sorry but Canelo vs. Trout, who was the one backing up large portions of that fight? Trout didn't run at all. He brought it to Canelo and many people believe he won that fight.

Comment

I am just against the double standard that some fans have

This is why I think some fans are coming down hard on Canelo and his fans is because some not all Canelo fans are b1tching about Lara style but what about the fact that Canelo couldn't cut the ring off

Then going back to his fight with Mayweather, Canelo Fans excuse was "Mayweather RUNNING!" when clearly a lot of times during that fight Mayweather was right in front of him and Canelo had no clue what to do or how to attack him offensively

You can't set these double standards and I think you guys are setting yourself up for more criticism once again because what if Canelo one of these fights against a stronger guys has to fight off of his backfoot a bit. He did a lot of moving against Trout did he not?

Fans set these double standards and it comes back to bite them in the A$$ EVERY TIME!

Yes I think some are coming down too hard on Canelo because struggling with Mayweather and Lara style is not a bad thing...EVERYBODY DOES! Yes Canelo is one of the best at 154 of course, but he has his flaws and weaknesses. He Can be Out-Boxed that is very clear but his fans want fighters to fight him in a way in which he can look good and sorry but Boxing Don't Work Like That. That is like asking a fukin Bull Fighter to stand in front of the Bull and get gored on purpose so the fans can be entertained

I was told by Oscar and your fans that "YOU ARE THE BEST" well PROVE IT TO ME! Don't build up this HYPE and then when that fighter doesn't live up to it his fans and promoter is making all type of fukin excuses for him as to why he did not look like "THE BEST"
                    Last edited by sicko; 07-16-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X