Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingego and Dontaesboxingnation thought Golovkin won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy Atlas also had GGG winning clearly and we all know that Atlas basically hates GGG.

Thaboxingvoice also all had GGG winning and they are known GGG critics.

Every legit writer/journalist had GGG winning, you cant even find somebody relevant who had Canelo winning this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Morales had him winning too. Hearns had it a draw.
      Morales had it I believe like Byrd did which is insane.

On espndeportes they all seemed to have it a draw. I think you have to take the Mexican fighters with a tad of perspective. I'd say the same if they were Kazakh fighters talking about Golovkin.

I don't think most Mexican fans had Canelo winning. I can only of course speak from my first hand account of people in the bar I was at in Mexico and post fight discussions. None of my friends or family almost all who were supporting Canelo thought he won.

Comment

But I thought they were both biased and racist and only support black fighters? Or are their detractors complete and utter morons like usual?

Comment

So now they are credible to Golovkin fans?

Chavez sr had Canelo winning. I guess he's not credible anymore?

Flip floppers.
          No, they're biased. But even through their bias, they saw Golovkin winning. Do you comprehend?

Comment

Boxing Legend Chavez Sr is a Golovkin nuthugger and had Canelo winning. That's more credible than Dontaes Boxing Nation.
            He is also a Mexican broadcaster and as probably the most legendary Mexican fighter ever him picking Golovkin over Canelo, which he didn't do, would look like he is just bitter.

Mexicans may not love a fighter but they'll always support the Mexican vs. non-Mexican. Now Canelo had the overwhelming majority of Mexican support but there is a substantial percentage who supported him but didn't love him. This was much the case with DLH though since DLH was born in the States that is a bit more understandable.

I know Chavez really likes Golovkin and I don't think he dislikes Canelo at all but I do think he is aware of the predicament he was in. I'm curious what Chavez Jr. thought. He doesn't give an F and he'll state his opinion. He picked Golovkin and of course he heard it, because he was just bitter. But people close to him say he is a super nice guy and agreed when he said he wasn't picking Golovkin because of any animosity towards Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Teddy Atlas also had GGG winning clearly and we all know that Atlas basically hates GGG.

Thaboxingvoice also all had GGG winning and they are known GGG critics.

Every legit writer/journalist had GGG winning, you cant even find somebody relevant who had Canelo winning this fight.
              Yup, Nes picked Canelo and he said Golovkin won.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I don't agree with you. He didn't lose to Lara. I think Lara landed 212 punches to 200 punches for Canelo but Canelo landed the harder, better punches while pursuing Lara all fight. Floyd beat a green, drained Canelo. Canelo would easily beat the Mayweather he lost to 4 years ago. I agree that GGG beat Canelo and I think GGG beat Jacobs. Both men made the fight close and put up a good fight but GGG deserved to win both fights. He was the attacker and landed more punches than Jacobs in 7 rounds and knocked Jacobs down. GGG landed more punches than Canelo in 10 rounds and the same amount in 1 round. Canelo only landed more punches in round 2. Canelo is very good and a tie with Jacobs as the 2nd best middleweight in the world. GGG is still the best middleweight in the world. Jermall might be in the mix but he needs to fight one of the 3 best middleweights to see where he fits in.
                C'mon man. Nobody near near the weight of even a 40 year old Floyd beats him easily. Can he be beaten? Sure. I guarantee though that nobody has an easy time with him. I personally think Floyd could still beat Canelo, just not as easily.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  But I thought they were both biased and racist and only support black fighters? Or are their detractors complete and utter morons like usual?
                  I'm not commenting on either guy. But there was no black fighter, just saying.

Comment

I think the people that picked Golovkin as the winner are ruining the argument that he's hated because he is white/Eastern European.

I thought he won the fight and yet I still think he's highly overrated. He was still hesitating last night. He still freezes up when he's getting hit. For some reason he was scared to attack Canelo's body. How do you let a gassed fighter come back in the last 3 rounds when you're supposed to be so dominant?

Comment

Working...
                    X