Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leonard Ellerbe: Floyd Mayweather fight announcement expected within days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we kill this Mayweather Khan talk. They're looking at Josesito Lopez vs. Khan in April.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...,5261340.story

Comment

Hope it's Canelo, than Martinez. It'll probably be Guerrero, than Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        Hope it's Canelo, than Martinez. It'll probably be Guerrero, than Canelo.
        This is what it seems like it would be, but Canelo was acting confident about May 4. I don't know. I really doubt Floyd will fight Martinez though.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Can we kill this Mayweather Khan talk. They're looking at Josesito Lopez vs. Khan in April.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...,5261340.story
          Mayweather is not fighting Khan.

Not yet, atleast.

It's between Guerrero and Canelo.

Comment

At this point I dont really care but if i had to wager its the ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Not yet, atleast.

It's between Guerrero and Canelo.
              I think the Ring Magazine pound for pound rankings shift gave us our answer already. I'd say 75/25 in favor of Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                This is what it seems like it would be, but Canelo was acting confident about May 4. I don't know. I really doubt Floyd will fight Martinez though.
                I thought Canelo was tired of being on undercards also. If he does, I hope he fights someone top 5 at 154.

Comment

Yeah I'd lean towards The Ghost as well, unless team Mayweather cited Guerrero hasn't done enough yet

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                  Khan in September would be laughable but knowing Floyd that his type of opponent.
                  I don't see how Khan's on Floyd's radar at all, plus Amir is still at 140 last I checked

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
                  QFT. I agree. It'd be nice for him to fight Martinez right away, especially after that Chavez win but Martinez is looking to defend the title. As DOPE as it would be for Mayweather to move to 160 I don't think it'd work for him at all.

Really hope he doesn't fight Guerrero.
                  yeah Mayweather-Martinez up at MW would be awesome .. but what are the odds?

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Not yet, atleast.
                  [B]It's between Guerrero and Canelo.[/B]
                  That's what a majority of fans believe .. Floyd's next opponent will be one of those two ... I'd prefer Canelo, and let Guerrero appear on the undercard vs Maidana

Cinco De Mayo is a huge day, and Mayweather vs a Mexican would be a logical option

Comment

With Pac losing I feel Floyd will be forced to consider Martinez much more now. If he fights (and beats) Canelo...what then? If he cares about his "legacy" (lmao) and tries to at least shut some fans up, I can see him fighting Martinez in a big fight come September at 154...with the winner probably retiring..unless it's Martinez. Rematch city.

But I don't know why..Floyd has been unusually quiet (unless I just am not looking hard enough) and I can't be the only one who just has that gut feeling he might get KOd his next fight...like this layoff will be the one to bite him in the ass. I'm just getting that feeling that he wont even make it to a Martinez fight in September. :|

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      I think the Ring Magazine pound for pound rankings shift gave us our answer already. I'd say 75/25 in favor of Guerrero.
                      No doubt.

I was 95% sure it would be Guererro next but now with all this Canelo talk, with him saying it's closed to signed I'm really not sure.

I'm 100% sure it's one of those two though.

Comment

Working...
                      X