Collapse
No announcement yet.

China laughs at Planned American Stealth destroyer "It really sucks"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So wait, the mainland is going through 1 of the biggest depressions in history & we're spending billions on a ship to go pester the very people that loaned us $h!t loads of cash?? Well that's kinda dumb.

Comment

I once bought a set of tools that said "made in China" to do a simple little job because I didn't want to spend a ton of money.

When I put the wrench to the bolt and turned it, the wrench broke. True story....

Anything made in China is worthless, I wouldn't be to concerned.

Comment

the Chinese are bosses.....

Comment

The American's show ignorance once again.

All those investments the west put into factories to build stuff, well, whatever it is, be it chips, motorcycle gloves to highly rates torches, they have kept the designs and in fact produced their own company following similar designs and are actually bringing in huge profits.

All that made in China stuff breaking was because of **** quality control, and of course, Mr Cuah, you probably spent a lot less on that Wrench?

If America couldn't decisely defeat Vietnam, they won't beat China. The Chinese have their hands everywhere and unlike in the past, the Chinese and US need each other.

Heck even % wise of their population in Uni, I think the Chinese are at the top 3 in most countries. Very educated people at the top. They could hack the **** out of most popular sites that would make *****es cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
            The American's show ignorance once again.

All those investments the west put into factories to build stuff, well, whatever it is, be it chips, motorcycle gloves to highly rates torches, they have kept the designs and in fact produced their own company following similar designs and are actually bringing in huge profits.

All that made in China stuff breaking was because of **** quality control, and of course, Mr Cuah, you probably spent a lot less on that Wrench?

If America couldn't decisely defeat Vietnam, they won't beat China. The Chinese have their hands everywhere and unlike in the past, the Chinese and US need each other.

Heck even % wise of their population in Uni, I think the Chinese are at the top 3 in most countries. Very educated people at the top. They could hack the **** out of most popular sites that would make *****es cry:

What you fail to understand and are over looking is that China has made all this economic progress and growth because they offer products of low quality cheap to the world.

That's great for China now and it's economic growth is something that seems impressive because it's going through a bit of a revolution in that sense. It's 9% economic growth is based on the fact it still has so much poverty and the business sector is growing incredibly fast so the stats don't tell the whole story.

The U.S couldn't possibly grow that fast because it's already so developed, there's really nothing left but to re-do what is already here. Infrastructure being something Americans should really focus on.

If you look at the most successful companies in the world, guess where they are from? Walmart, Apple, Dell, Google, Facebook, Microsoft.....

It's going to take a long time for China to reach where America truly is, America is literally 100 years ahead of China in almost every regard when you look at quality of life, middle class and technology that is available to the average person.

I work for a company that deals with China, my boss visits there at least twice a year and he tells me the major cities are as modern as any city in the west but once you venture away from there, you will see some real backwards living.

The demise of America and the take over of China is a little bit exaggerated. What you said is true though, China and America definitely need each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              What you fail to understand and are over looking is that China has made all this economic progress and growth because they offer products of low quality cheap to the world.

That's great for China now and it's economic growth is something that seems impressive because it's going through a bit of a revolution in that sense. It's 9% economic growth is based on the fact it still has so much poverty and the business sector is growing incredibly fast so the stats don't tell the whole story.

The U.S couldn't possibly grow that fast because it's already so developed, there's really nothing left but to re-do what is already here. Infrastructure being something Americans should really focus on.

If you look at the most successful companies in the world, guess where they are from? Walmart, Apple, Dell, Google, Facebook, Microsoft.....

It's going to take a long time for China to reach where America truly is, America is literally 100 years ahead of China in almost every regard when you look at quality of life, middle class and technology that is available to the average person.

I work for a company that deals with China, my boss visits there at least twice a year and he tells me the major cities are as modern as any city in the west but once you venture away from there, you will see some real backwards living.

The demise of America and the take over of China is a little bit exaggerated. What you said is true though, China and America definitely need each other.
              I know that China did have inferrior goods, but that was at the cost. You were saving 50% and even more comapred to other products, so to expect good quality is stupid.

I own a motorcycle and a wrench is not something you go cheap on. A Torque wrench here is around 100 dollars or more for a good quality one. A tool set of wrenches are 300 dollars. That example of your wrench breaking is like Duh! You probably spent a few dollars on it, WTF do you expect.

However as I have stated, they have learned from the nations in the West by stealing their designs and even improving them. Now they sell direct in some cases through the internet such as Ebay and are becoming affluent. The rate of millionaires being made is huge there, they are at the top. Of course population plays a big part, they have a huge population, but that also affects the World. For example since they are now starting to be able to afford meat on an average level, lamb and sheep from New Zealand has rose 20 to 30% in the last few years.

You mention stats because there are so many poor. This was my point in the 95% of the world live worse off than Americans. I was trying to tell you that because of averages, the US is in the top 10 or whatever of Quality of life, but I can guarantee you that there are a hell of a lot of people in pretty much every damn country in the world that live better than a normal American too. The way that guy put it was stupid.

China certainly is far behind in terms of a lot of things for sure. I am not even sure why you are bringing up how far they are behind though, when I talked about war. America could not decisively beat Vietnam, and they aren't going to be able to beat China, even if they use a nuke I am pretty sure the Chinese will be able to target the US.

As for those companies, yes the biggest companies are from the US for sure, but a lot of technology is now asembled in China, for example the I phone... they are smart, they are learning and will produce their own. Check out the cars they are duplicating, very similar designs, but not as good. It will take them 1 or 2 decades but they will get a better standard of quality and at better prices for us in the future. Economy of scale is the future as always.

But anyway, I stand by my statement, the US would never be able to defeat China in a war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I once bought a set of tools that said "made in China" to do a simple little job because I didn't want to spend a ton of money.

When I put the wrench to the bolt and turned it, the wrench broke. True story....

Anything made in China is worthless, I wouldn't be to concerned.
                Buy Craftsman tools if you want bang for your buck. Then if it breaks, you bring it in to Sears and get a new one, no questions asked. I've literally beaten the hell out of some ratchets working on my cars, hammering the piss out of them and breaking them in an almost neglectful manner. They literally will take anything. I've even brought broken tools in that I've found and they replace them. I'll always buy Craftsman tools for this reason. They don't break easily but they do break sometimes and when they do, you just bring it in and get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
                  But anyway, I stand by my statement, the US would never be able to defeat China in a war.
                  Depends what you consider a victory. In a limited conventional conflict, say over Taiwan; the US would smack the taste out of Chinas mouth.

Not that it is going to happen any time soon if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    Buy Craftsman tools if you want bang for your buck. Then if it breaks, you bring it in to Sears and get a new one, no questions asked. I've literally beaten the hell out of some ratchets working on my cars, hammering the piss out of them and breaking them in an almost neglectful manner. They literally will take anything. I've even brought broken tools in that I've found and they replace them. I'll always buy Craftsman tools for this reason. They don't break easily but they do break sometimes and when they do, you just bring it in and get a new one.
                    Anap On is the best. Life time guarantee. Professionals use it but it isn't cheap. A normal person like us are unlikely to ever break one.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
                      Depends what you consider a victory. In a limited conventional conflict, say over Taiwan; the US would smack the taste out of Chinas mouth.

Not that it is going to happen any time soon if at all.
                      Taiwan is an independant state as far as I am aware. If you mean by occupying Taiwan then possibly, but that's not China anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X