No announcement yet.

Kovalev got a suspect chin man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Any evidence of this? I've seen it mentioned a few times but there's no video.

This whole rematch to take care of Boone line isn't accurate, Kovalev got the W in the first fight. The reason there was a rematch is because Duva requested it.

Kova's chin is definitely suspect tho.
    there is a video of this amateur KO, but it's only a few seconds (less than 10) i do believe his chin is suspicious too

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
      Bhop outboxes this face first brawler if they ever fight.
      Just stop at whatever you're trying to do. I know you're a little 18 year old kid so your attempt at trolling/humor is still developing but like I said, just stop.

Comment

The best chin is the one that doesn't get hit

Kovalev doesn't get hit often at all

His athleticism, awkwardness, fear from opponents, strength and power, skill all ensure he doesn't get hit

That being said, he doesn't have an iron chin
        He doesn't have a glass jaw

And when he does get hit he responds by coming back strong trying to hurt his opponent

I would say he gets stopped at some point in his career because of his chin
        Last edited by jas; 03-02-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          Wouldn't that be some **** if Pascal won, out of everyone lmao, he actually has a puncher's chance too.

Kovalev's offense is so good, almost nobody can get to that chin. You can tell he doesn't respond well to getting hit, the way his head jerks around, not much stability.

Beterbiev is the only guy in the division that isn't scared of Kovalev, I think he knows something we don't, I feel like he has the perfect style to defeat Kovalev, to beat almost anybody.

Kovalev actually hasn't fought anybody with power and class if you look at his resume. Hopkins, Caparello, Agnew, Cleverly, Campillo etc. all very light punchers or average at best, nobody that could make him pay. His resume has been cherry picked so far imo.
          Cherry picked? You haven't got a clue about this guys career have you... in many ways he's been lucky to get the fights he did. Campillo would never have fought him if he got the win he shoulda against Cloud, Cleverly underestimated him badly in giving him an opportunity (though props to Nathan for taking the chance) and Hopkins needed a title fight when Haymon started stalling over a Stevenson matchup.

Anyway the only other really big puncher near the top of the division is Stevenson who Kovalev was desperately trying to get in the ring... how is it cherry picking if the only other big puncher won't fight hiim?

Kovalev ain't like Golovkin who came to the US with all the HBO fanfare but built himself up on the US circuit without a promoter and taking what fights he could until Duva picked him up in 2012 - since then things have started to take off but it's only in the last year or so he's got the recognition to bring the big fight $s.

Chin issues though? Well the guy has never been stopped in the pros.. and the KO against Atoev in the ams doesn't say much either.. the footage most have seen is edited just to show the KD without showing how Sergei responds afterwards and in most cases amateur refs stop fights far more readily than those in the pros. If anyone whos ever been KDd in the pros or stopped in the ams is considered to be weak chinned theres probably only a handful of guys at the top level left.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-02-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Wouldn't that be some **** if Pascal won, out of everyone lmao, he actually has a puncher's chance too.

Kovalev's offense is so good, almost nobody can get to that chin. You can tell he doesn't respond well to getting hit, the way his head jerks around, not much stability.

Beterbiev is the only guy in the division that isn't scared of Kovalev, I think he knows something we don't, I feel like he has the perfect style to defeat Kovalev, to beat almost anybody.

Kovalev actually hasn't fought anybody with power and class if you look at his resume. Hopkins, Caparello, Agnew, Cleverly, Campillo etc. all very light punchers or average at best, nobody that could make him pay. His resume has been cherry picked so far imo.

I don't think Pascal is scared of Kovalev. Pascal brings speed is very explosive and is also a good puncher so it will be fun to see how he reacts if Pascal start landing clean shots.

Comment

ive said this in another post a while ago ( idk how to bring it up). i believe it was right after the bhop fight. To me Kov didnt look to comfortable when bhop actually landed some punches....

Comment

Not a Kovalev fan but I think at Light heavy weight any CAN get dropped or stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
                  ive said this in another post a while ago ( idk how to bring it up). i believe it was right after the bhop fight. To me Kov didnt look to comfortable when bhop actually landed some punches....
                  Yep but to be fair hopkins has a very sneaky right hand and kovalev didn't go down but he was definitely shaken up.

Comment

i dont think his chin is bad but its not great either. its decent basically. its going to take a good puncher to hurt him, but any time he fights one of those theres always a possibility that will happen. problem for them is there is always a possibility that kovalev ends them with a single punch and he has the boxing skills to land clean before they do. stevensons has the athleticism and skills to be the exception imo, but not the heart to roll the dice and find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                      How is the OP account still active? Seriously?
                      Not a clue

Comment

Working...
                      X