no...........

Comment

Originally posted by money.j-210 View Post
        no...........
        Oh.

Probably Huston or Dallas.

Comment

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
          Have at it Fight Freaks! Let your voices be heard to the NYSAC and be polite. E-mail: athletic@dos.state.ny.us. Phone: 212-417-5700.

Comment

In my opinion this is Bob Arums fault, not the NYSAC's. Coming off a serious injury, common sense would say take a tuneup. If there's a possibility he can't get licensed and the fight gets moved, it's okay because it's just a tuneup.

When time comes to make the big fight, the fighter can point to already having been successful in fighting post-injury in another state. Unfortunately, Bob Arum didn't want to risk putting Tony in the ring in case he's damaged goods. If Tony can no longer fight, Arum didn't want anyone to know that until the PPV buys already happened for Cotto Margarito II. Same reason he's protected Cotto the past year from numerous good fights; he doesn't give a **** what condition they're in on what they have left, he's going to have his way and make this **** happen.

...except he doesn't control the NYSAC. Blame is on Arum's arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by Capo Loko View Post
              Cotto won't do it.... he knows Texas is no N.Y. He won't be able to get away with robberies like they pulled on Mosley and Clottey. Fight will be off.
              I got the upmost respect for Cotto...but he DID lose those 2 fights imo

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
                Have at it Fight Freaks! Let your voices be heard to the NYSAC and be polite. E-mail: athletic@dos.state.ny.us. Phone: 212-417-5700.
                Why blame the commission? They are already choosing to ignore the hand wrap thing. They've ignored California's continued ruling on that and weren't going to make it an issue for him to fight there - Nevada denied outright even hearing his case until California re-instates him. IMO they are already doing a favor. Margarito just has too much baggage it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  Oh.

Probably Huston or Dallas.
                  san antonio at the at&t center is an option to

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                    Why blame the commission? They are already choosing to ignore the hand wrap thing. They've ignored California's continued ruling on that and weren't going to make it an issue for him to fight there - Nevada denied outright even hearing his case until California re-instates him. IMO they are already doing a favor. Margarito just has too much baggage it seems.
                    I believe Nevada only denied him because they wanted him to at least apply/have the hearing in California first, and said he could go back and apply after (I think he can also apply in CA, but Top Rank is probably upset at what they did and wont let him). But I do think they are taking the "baggage" into consideration, and will probably deny him for that.

Can you imagine if something happens to him. Like if he damages the eye further or goes blind. They are probably paranoid to let him fight because they will be blamed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strike Back View Post
                      I believe Nevada only denied him because they wanted him to at least apply/have the hearing in California first, and said he could go back and apply after (I think he can also apply in CA, but Top Rank is probably upset at what they did and wont let him). But I do think they are taking the "baggage" into consideration, and will probably deny him for that.

Can you imagine if something happens to him. Like if he damages the eye further or goes blind. They are probably paranoid to let him fight because they will be blamed for it.
                      Exactly - even though a lot of people probably think Margarito deserves what he gets, it's still on their hands. Not only that, if it happens there, the referee is going to be looking very closely at Marg throughout the fight.

I can almost gauantee Arum just told them that Margarito's eye was no problem when making the fight and he assured them over and over.

someone probably said "now don't bring us a Margarito with a ****ed up eye and put us in a bad position, Bob."

"It's ok, I promise you it won't be a problem," Arum replies.

He sells out MSG, continues promoting and Margarito shows up presser and the commissioners see him for the first time face-to-face and are like WTF is up with his eye. Someone decides they need to take a second look. Arum delays as long as possible until this week and now it's a mess.

Now the pressure is on the commission: $$$/fans vs Margarito's health. IMO Arum has them where he wants them even though the fight may be moved. He doesn't much care about the fans anyway. He plays boths sides but he likely knew the eye would be an issue all along - he has played it so that now at almost the very last minute...it's "out of his hands." what a hustler

Comment

Working...
                      X