Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Golovkin have more power than Miranda did at MW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Golovkin have more power than Miranda did at MW?

Now I know GGG is a better puncher in the sense that he's a better offensive fighter. But I'm talking about raw one punch knockout power. Discuss.

GGGs power makes Miranda look as if he couldnt crack an egg

Comment

They both hit very hard but I'd give a solid edge to GGG. Miranda was a great straight right hand puncher. GGG has a great straight right plus a great left hook, uppercuts and body punches with either hand and a smashing left jab. GGG had a much greater variety of hard punches. He almost always gets the KO win and usually in under 5 rounds.Miranda often failed to score a KO or a knockdown.

Comment

Both can punch....

Comment

Miranda probably had the better right hand but GGG has the skill to land his. In a way, Miranda seemed like a more explosive puncher (as in just one punch) where GGG seems to just have a hammer and no matter what he lands its stiff as f uck. He's also great at landing in between sequences when some of the guys think he's done punching. His intelligent pressure is just leagues above anything Miranda had to offer. Miranda wasnt good enough to land his consistently and thats the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
            Does Golovkin have more power than Miranda did at MW?

Now I know GGG is a better puncher in the sense that he's a better offensive fighter. But I'm talking about raw one punch knockout power. Discuss.
            ... "discuss" what?
            YDKSAB...

Comment

Miranda was more raw, natural and brute power, GGG is the better puncher.

Comment

Miranda landed many flush shots on Pavlik, but never put him down.

GGG would KO Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... "discuss" what?
                  YDKSAB...
                  The question, like everyone else did. I think it's legitimate. I was watching old Miranda fights, and I was curious as to what people thought. Now if you don't like the question, fine. You don't have to answer. Or perhaps you don't get it, which would be surprising. It's simple enough. Or maybe you just want to come on and type some acronym that's been used about a million times. I'm also aware that I may be interacting with a 12 year old, which is likely it seems.

Comment

Tyrell Hendrix sparred both and said GGG hits much harder

Comment

Working...
                    X