Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Americans ignorant of their own evil?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
    Why don't you act like a man IRL? Why are you white man so pathetic?

In USA, white men are so weak that there's not one single good white boxer there and on the streets, black kids can frighten grown white men into suicide. White girls are kissing the feet of the black men, as they're just so much more manly than the pink pigs they're used to.

In Europe, the national population is also scared of anything to gipsyes to muslims. I'm like, come on, white people... Aren't you tired of getting your manlihood taken away by darker men with bigger balls and better style?
    we go on to become part of the 1 % while prisons and graveyards are filled with those other types.

Comment

• You know, you seem like a guy that actually has a good heart, but are just fed up with the world, if so then I feel the same. I agree the USA has committed terrible atrocities, and they've bullied and destroyed many a country and left them worse than before they came. As a white man from the UK I can admit this (I've never been one to follow the group thinking or mob mentality). But you also make a few mistakes yourself.

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
      Are you gonna marry a man, perhaps? I heard Americans are crazy about ****sexuality.
      In terms of your morally superior comment, especially your opinion that the USA is the most ****sexual country in the world, you should check the statistics. Here's a link to something you may find interesting if you keep an open mind:

http://bit.ly/2bWrnIZ

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
      The Quran is a miracle in itself. When you find an explanation for how the Quran knew about the big bang, the expansion of the universe, the different orbits of the sun and the moon, that certain stones contains water, etc., then we can talk. Until then, you're the one who have to prove that the Quran is wrong. It got evidence on its side.

As for pork, we don't eat it because it is declared unclean in the Quran. Further details on the uncleanliness are not explained. We're also not allowed to eat donkeys, lions, etc.
      Your 'evidence' of scientific miracles in the Qur'an are carefully selected to support an argument. What about the science of shooting stars being used to shoot down demons, or dipping both wings of a fly into a drink as one holds a disease and the other a cure. What about the sun setting in a murky puddle? What about a baby starting off being a blood clot (close we could say, but still scientifically wrong)? In the same sense, we could say the Bible knew about string theory, as it talks about the word of God (vibration) creating the universe. And how the heavens are stretched out describing the expansion of the universe. So the Qur'an could have got it from there? Regarding the end, isn't it said that the heavens will be closed like a book? The Bible says the heavens will be rolled up like a scroll. So again it could have come from the Bible possibly?

I've read quite a bit about Islam, I particularly like Ibn Al Ghazali's Alchemy of Happiness. A very good read. Let us not forget that according to the Qur'an, if Muhammad had made stuff up, then he would have his aorta 'cut off'. When he died, several Islamic texts quote Muhammad as saying it felt as if his aorta had been cut. I know it's not in the Qur'an, but if you're going to disregard the Hadiths for that then why use them when they do support something (such as the buildings over Mecca prophecy)? Surely they should be discarded as inaccurate sources? A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

I also have a problem with the idea of hell, and it's probably one of the main reasons why I don't follow any major religion. The concept of eternal punishment seems wrong to me, as I only see punishment as a means of teaching or changing an individual.

I'm equally perplexed with the Islamic view of heaven, with virgins, milk and honey. Since I thought that all the things of the flesh were the enemies of the spirit. I can't see how it makes any sense that it would be a place of fulfilling earthly desires.

I've always wondered, since you guys have a big debate ongoing with Christians as to the divinity of Jesus, what you believe Jesus was sentenced to death for? I know you guys don't believe he was killed but why did people want him dead?

Also it concerns me that Allah is referred to in the Qur'an as 'the greatest deceiver'.

Also, I came across this a while ago, and despite the fact the site seems to go out of it's way to disprove Islam, I've never heard a good arguement for this particular case since:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/qbhc03.html

I hope to hear from you on these matters, as I'm asking sincerely with an open mind to it all - I haven't judged you.
      Last edited by a9s8f78wgh5g8hjwoivq; 09-01-2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Well... I don't know what American news are telling the Americans, but outside of the Western World, America is mainly seen as a source of fear and destruction. They have destroyed Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, etc., all while making up stories about fighting dictators or finding weapons of mass destruction or whatever... Well, the people in those countries didn't like it and there's a reason everyone hates America. Do most Americans support these destructive wars that has taken relatively developed countries like Libya and Iraq back to the stone ages and thus opened the gates for groups like ISIS to take over? Or are the Americans more human and intelligent than their leaders?

Americans are often known as being patriotic and subjective, setting logic aside for their emotions. Does it play a role that America is at the other side of the "real world", across the ocean, far away from Europe, Africa and Asia?

I met some American workers in Germany recently. They were nice enough, but they seemed like they were straight out of a farm or something. So primitive opinions, especially on muslims and black people. I'm black myself and I seriously couldn't believe that they said "not all black people are alike" (I'm black). Seriously? Should I go around telling all white people that not all of them are like Hitler or Bush or Breivik?

What's your opinion on this?
        Sounds like you are also generalizing that all Americans are on the moral and intellectual low ground.
        But anyways, no, I do think in regards to the Iraq war, Bush administration had good Intentions. Just not realistic or responsible ones. In America, politicians get lost in their own sandbox, always wanting to do something progessive/change things. Now a days these progressive actions to do something good with a nice kick back if successful is aimed at global affairs and not at our own society woes. Bush administration believed that a fed up percentage of people in Iraq would be perfect to rebuild their country as a shining democracy and close ally. But that wasn't at all the majority because, just like our career politicians always are, were out of touch to the cultural impact of us pulling the strings there. When their countries economy and civilization crashed after Saddam was taken out, they were supposed to dig deep and rebuild a respectable nation. The radicals instead took another route blaming the west for their current problems and that's all she wrote. The Arab region historically likes a iron fisted leader. They are probably right about that too. To keep all these sects of Islam from exterminating each other you have to have someone more sadistic then them to keep order. Makes you think how brutal Saddam was back then when there wasn't a problem with people strapping bomb vests on children. Now a days these radicals answer to no one but Allah

Comment

• Originally posted by b0x View Post
          You know, you seem like a guy that actually has a good heart, but are just fed up with the world, if so then I feel the same. I agree the USA has committed terrible atrocities, and they've bullied and destroyed many a country and left them worse than before they came. As a white man from the UK I can admit this (I've never been one to follow the group thinking or mob mentality). But you also make a few mistakes yourself.

In terms of your morally superior comment, especially your opinion that the USA is the most ****sexual country in the world, you should check the statistics. Here's a link to something you may find interesting if you keep an open mind:

http://bit.ly/2bWrnIZ

Your 'evidence' of scientific miracles in the Qur'an are carefully selected to support an argument. What about the science of shooting stars being used to shoot down demons, or dipping both wings of a fly into a drink as one holds a disease and the other a cure. What about the sun setting in a murky puddle? What about a baby starting off being a blood clot (close we could say, but still scientifically wrong)? In the same sense, we could say the Bible knew about string theory, as it talks about the word of God (vibration) creating the universe. And how the heavens are stretched out describing the expansion of the universe. So the Qur'an could have got it from there? Regarding the end, isn't it said that the heavens will be closed like a book? The Bible says the heavens will be rolled up like a scroll. So again it could have come from the Bible possibly?

I've read quite a bit about Islam, I particularly like Ibn Al Ghazali's Alchemy of Happiness. A very good read. Let us not forget that according to the Qur'an, if Muhammad had made stuff up, then he would have his aorta 'cut off'. When he died, several Islamic texts quote Muhammad as saying it felt as if his aorta had been cut. I know it's not in the Qur'an, but if you're going to disregard the Hadiths for that then why use them when they do support something (such as the buildings over Mecca prophecy)? Surely they should be discarded as inaccurate sources? A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

I also have a problem with the idea of hell, and it's probably one of the main reasons why I don't follow any major religion. The concept of eternal punishment seems wrong to me, as I only see punishment as a means of teaching or changing an individual.

I'm equally perplexed with the Islamic view of heaven, with virgins, milk and honey. Since I thought that all the things of the flesh were the enemies of the spirit. I can't see how it makes any sense that it would be a place of fulfilling earthly desires.

I've always wondered, since you guys have a big debate ongoing with Christians as to the divinity of Jesus, what you believe Jesus was sentenced to death for? I know you guys don't believe he was killed but why did people want him dead?

Also it concerns me that Allah is referred to in the Qur'an as 'the greatest deceiver'.

Also, I came across this a while ago, and despite the fact the site seems to go out of it's way to disprove Islam, I've never heard a good arguement for this particular case since:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/qbhc03.html

I hope to hear from you on these matters, as I'm asking sincerely with an open mind to it all - I haven't judged you.
          Never use "Answering Islam" to debate the religion. That site is full of lies.

As for the sun settling in the muddy pool, you should do some research on the arabic words being used. From his perspective, it appeared as if the sun was going into the muddy pool. That's what it looks like when the sun sets down in the ocean.

The narration about the fly is not a part of the Quran. Ahadith can be wrong. Now, the hadith you mentioned is indeed declared sahih, authentic, but as has been made clear by great scholars like al-Albani, even sahih hadith can have weak wordings due to errors in the transmission. True or false, though, the fly narration isn't relevant when regarding the divine nature of the Quran as it's not a part of the Quran.

As for the purposes of the stars, who knows? It's not a scientifical error. It's a stated purpose that we can't confirm or deny.

The Bible does have something interesting points to it too. Such as the world being described with the hebrew word "chuwg" and the expansion of the heavens. The thing is, though, the Bible has been edited a lot and contains a lot of scientific errors. The Quran contains more miracles, no mistakes, no contradictions and has never been edited.

The Bible is comparable to hadith litterature, in the sense of both being compilations of sayings from different people. The Quran is a category in itself.

I like that you're studying Islam, but don't use sites like WikiIslam or Answer Islam. Learn directly from the source. I can guide you to lots of english translations from the best scholars of islamic history, if you want?

Comment

• Ignorance is killing people and justifying it in the name of religion.

Comment

Never use "Answering Islam" to debate the religion. That site is full of lies.

As for the sun settling in the muddy pool, you should do some research on the arabic words being used. From his perspective, it appeared as if the sun was going into the muddy pool. That's what it looks like when the sun sets down in the ocean.

The narration about the fly is not a part of the Quran. Ahadith can be wrong. Now, the hadith you mentioned is indeed declared sahih, authentic, but as has been made clear by great scholars like al-Albani, even sahih hadith can have weak wordings due to errors in the transmission. True or false, though, the fly narration isn't relevant when regarding the divine nature of the Quran as it's not a part of the Quran.

As for the purposes of the stars, who knows? It's not a scientifical error. It's a stated purpose that we can't confirm or deny.

The Bible does have something interesting points to it too. Such as the world being described with the hebrew word "chuwg" and the expansion of the heavens. The thing is, though, the Bible has been edited a lot and contains a lot of scientific errors. The Quran contains more miracles, no mistakes, no contradictions and has never been edited.

The Bible is comparable to hadith litterature, in the sense of both being compilations of sayings from different people. The Quran is a category in itself.

I like that you're studying Islam, but don't use sites like WikiIslam or Answer Islam. Learn directly from the source. I can guide you to lots of english translations from the best scholars of islamic history, if you want?
              Okay man, I appreciate it. But the idea of hell kind of ruis it for me before I even begin. I delved quite deep into Christianity at one point and I've seen how everything is debated so that it is no longer a contradiction. Like the biggest contradiction of all for me is a merciful being sending someone to hell for eternity and never letting them out. When people are born in bad environments they often grow up repeating those behaviours. That can be looked at as them being a product of their environment. Do you think most desparate criminals would be doing the same if they had fantastic upbringing and education and opportunities? We aren't all created equal so why do we all get judged by the same rules?

Also, you didn't answer what you think they wanted to kill Jesus for?

And regarding those figures, they are official releases from search engines so there are plenty of non-religious and scientific sites supporting them. I just picked the first result that came up when I looked it up on Google. To me it seems clear that repressing natural urges doesn't get rid of them, but makes them evolve into worse things. Same thing we see with the celibate catholic priests.

I also struggle with the concept of heaven being a place for fulfilling the pleasures of the flesh.

Regarding the points that you did answer, it seems like the same kind of answer as I saw on sites like CARM and so on for what I see as contradictions/problems with the Bible/Christianity. I just get this feeling that if something is perfectly true then surely it should make sense in any language to any person. That would be the fairest way.

I've also read into a lot of the Gnostic texts, some hinduism and some bhuddism. So far one of the books that has made the most sense to me is probably the Yoga Vasistha, but the problem from the get go is that reincarnation is just an assumed truth. I also liked as I said the Alchemy of Hapiness by Ibn Al Ghazali. It made a lot of sense to me until he tried to justify hell. Both the Gnostic texts and Judaism reject the idea of hell as a place of eternal punishment, instead referring to a place of spiritual cleansing, which makes more sense/seems fairer to me.

I admit I haven't studied the Qur'an as much as the Bible.

I would probably like to learn more about Islam but I prefer to hear from the horses mouth (so to speak, ie read the main book) as I find I question things a lot more than most people, and I'm not happy with most people's answers. I like to get the information from the main source, not the opinions of people. But saying that, there's an answer to every accusation of error/contradiction for all the major religions. That's why they've all been around so long.

I look at all religious text in the same way, as man's search for the truth, often mixed with political mechanisms and ideologies. So far I have seen good stuff and bad stuff in all of it, and I remain neutrally unconvinced in either direction. The idea of a personal God who put a man in a garden with the devil sounds wrong to me. It's like me putting a mouse in a cage with a cat. The idea of a personal God who punishes people after living lives of great suffering seems wrong to me as well. To me the story of creation makes much more sense as a metaphor.
              Last edited by a9s8f78wgh5g8hjwoivq; 09-02-2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• The Quran contains more miracles, no mistakes, no contradictions and has never been edited.
                Man moozies are ****ing ******ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by b0x View Post
                  Okay man, I appreciate it. But the idea of hell kind of ruis it for me before I even begin. I delved quite deep into Christianity at one point and I've seen how everything is debated so that it is no longer a contradiction. Like the biggest contradiction of all for me is a merciful being sending someone to hell for eternity and never letting them out. When people are born in bad environments they often grow up repeating those behaviours. That can be looked at as them being a product of their environment. Do you think most desparate criminals would be doing the same if they had fantastic upbringing and education and opportunities? We aren't all created equal so why do we all get judged by the same rules?

Also, you didn't answer what you think they wanted to kill Jesus for?

And regarding those figures, they are official releases from search engines so there are plenty of non-religious and scientific sites supporting them. I just picked the first result that came up when I looked it up on Google. To me it seems clear that repressing natural urges doesn't get rid of them, but makes them evolve into worse things. Same thing we see with the celibate catholic priests.

I also struggle with the concept of heaven being a place for fulfilling the pleasures of the flesh.

Regarding the points that you did answer, it seems like the same kind of answer as I saw on sites like CARM and so on for what I see as contradictions/problems with the Bible/Christianity. I just get this feeling that if something is perfectly true then surely it should make sense in any language to any person. That would be the fairest way.

I've also read into a lot of the Gnostic texts, some hinduism and some bhuddism. So far one of the books that has made the most sense to me is probably the Yoga Vasistha, but the problem from the get go is that reincarnation is just an assumed truth. I also liked as I said the Alchemy of Hapiness by Ibn Al Ghazali. It made a lot of sense to me until he tried to justify hell. Both the Gnostic texts and Judaism reject the idea of hell as a place of eternal punishment, instead referring to a place of spiritual cleansing, which makes more sense/seems fairer to me.

I admit I haven't studied the Qur'an as much as the Bible.

I would probably like to learn more about Islam but I prefer to hear from the horses mouth (so to speak, ie read the main book) as I find I question things a lot more than most people, and I'm not happy with most people's answers. I like to get the information from the main source, not the opinions of people. But saying that, there's an answer to every accusation of error/contradiction for all the major religions. That's why they've all been around so long.

I look at all religious text in the same way, as man's search for the truth, often mixed with political mechanisms and ideologies. So far I have seen good stuff and bad stuff in all of it, and I remain neutrally unconvinced in either direction. The idea of a personal God who put a man in a garden with the devil sounds wrong to me. It's like me putting a mouse in a cage with a cat. The idea of a personal God who punishes people after living lives of great suffering seems wrong to me as well. To me the story of creation makes much more sense as a metaphor.
                  box, killed a Christian last time. Now, you doing up a Muslim too. Keep up the good work.

Comment

I'm not Turkish. In case you don't know, Islam is not based on race. You should read about the sahabi Bilal, half black, who was the first to make the adhan in Islamic history. Even a king of Ethiopia assisted the prophet, salallahu alayhi wa salam, and converted to Islam later.
                    Why don't you go fist muhammad(pigs pee upon him) you brainwashed barbarian.

Comment

Working...
                    X