Respect for the vets..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    Meh...

He and his "comrades" shouldn't have been there in the first place...

There is also a possibillty he was under the influence of drugs and was acting like this because of that. A lot of US soldiers used drugs during the Vietnam war. Perhaps he was hallucinating and was imagining he was playing some arcade game. I bet when the drug-effect wore off, he couldn't believe what he had done.
    The reason for entering the war is irrelevant and didn't matter in the thick of the fight.

He risked his life to save others, that warrants respect regardless of the situation.

I'm not an expert on drugs but surely flying a helicopter well and sticking to your task would be pretty difficult if you were high as a kite. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Meh...

He and his "comrades" shouldn't have been there in the first place...

There is also a possibillty he was under the influence of drugs and was acting like this because of that. A lot of US soldiers used drugs during the Vietnam war. Perhaps he was hallucinating and was imagining he was playing some arcade game. I bet when the drug-effect wore off, he couldn't believe what he had done.
      Always the anti social! You have no understanding of what a hero is.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        The reason for entering the war is irrelevant and didn't matter in the thick of the fight.

He risked his life to save others, that warrants respect regardless of the situation.

I'm not an expert on drugs but surely flying a helicopter well and sticking to your task would be pretty difficult if you were high as a kite. Maybe I'm wrong.
        True... maybe he was g*y. Back in the day, unlike now, h*mosexuality was very much a taboo in the U.S. army.

Perhaps his intentions was to only rescue his gangbang partners. However to avoid suspiciousness he kept on coming back to rescue the others as well.

Comment

True... maybe he was g*y. Back in the day, unlike now, h*mosexuality was very much a taboo in the U.S. army.

Perhaps his intentions was to only rescue his gangbang partners. However to avoid suspiciousness he kept on coming back to rescue the others as well.

That wasn't really necessary, man.

Not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            That wasn't really necessary, man.

Not cool.
            It's a theory, man. But hey, you can believe whatever you want.

Comment

A real badass. My dad is a Vietnam vet as well, but he got lucky and didn't get mixed into ****.

Cheers to all the bad mother****ers that have put it on the line thanklessly for us.

Comment

Comment

:
                  Oh at first I thought you were attacking a dead hero. But now I see you are just promoting ****sexuality, could have picked another thread to do this tho.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    Came across this on FB and had to share this.

You're an 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded , and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam . Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is 1/2 way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out , you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.

And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times.....

And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient , Ed Freeman , died at the age of 80, in Boise , ID ......May God rest his soul..... I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing.
                    Thank you and May You Rest in Peace

Comment

Seems he passed in '08. Nonetheless I never/rarely hear about stories about these great people, yet the world would rather hear about the next celeb **** tape..

Comment

Working...
                      X