Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Capacity Crowd Saturday Validates Spence as Rare American Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    "Would love it if Tank can get the Maryland MGM popping regularly." I think he could get it poppin' if he fought Gary Russell Jr.! Now that LSC is finally ready to fight GRJ, I guess that's out of the question!
    I don't want to see Tank/Russell right now. I'd rather see my boy Leo Santa Cruz fight Russell. But that fight should be in Southern Cali or Vegas.i'd

I want to see Tank get it on with Berchelt and the other top LW's.

Maybe in 2 fights Tank/Russell could be done but I don't think russell beats Santa Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      That explains the crowd fights lol
      Security was lax about seating but the police was heavy because they were expecting a fight. Rival gangs had gotten into a cpl days earlier. I got the crowd fight on video in me Google drive somewhere

Comment

Spence is on his way, solid live gate for a young fighter with a virtually unknown opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I don't want to see Tank/Russell right now. I'd rather see my boy Leo Santa Cruz fight Russell. But that fight should be in Southern Cali or Vegas.i'd

I want to see Tank get it on with Berchelt and the other top LW's.

Maybe in 2 fights Tank/Russell could be done but I don't think russell beats Santa Cruz.
          If Tank and GRJ can't get it on, then I want Tank vs. Tevin Farmer (if he beats Dib)! They have some beef, and that's B-More vs. Philly beef too! That should be tasty!

Comment

He also just did 12000 in new york vs peterson at the barcleys,only thurman vs porter and garcia,and wilder vs ortiz have did more,terrence crawford has never put 12000 asses in seats in ny and hes fought at the garden,spence is becoming a draw like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
              That might be impressive if it was Vegas and if the tickets where going for many thousands, but ringside seats are only $500. In terms of live gates it's not that impressive.
              False.

Boxing is a business, people are buying the product, be it on a smaller scale than the elite draws in the sport.

The ball is rolling, they are selling tickets despite the fact that Spence is so poorly promoted.

Live gate is not impressive right now, but those figures increase over time, if he were to fight Crawford (provided they keep winning) at Cowboys Stadium late next year, do you still think ringside seats will cost $500?

Comment

I also say spence knockout style helps with his appeal,when your not a knockout artist like mayweather you gotta do other things to get attention,ive heard people call crawford boring in the ring also,but people still willing to some see spence cause he bring the pain even though he has a pretty boring personality

Comment

Originally posted by Gpabrooklyn View Post
                  He also just did 12000 in new york vs peterson at the barcleys,only thurman vs porter and garcia,and wilder vs ortiz have did more,terrence crawford has never put 12000 asses in seats in ny and hes fought at the garden,spence is becoming a draw like it or not
                  I've been saying this. His attendance numbers in his last three fights are:

27k (Brook)
                  12k (Peterson)
                  15k (Ocampo)

He's definitely starting to blow up.

There's like 2 or 3 American fighters who have attendance numbers like that in their last three fights.

If he was an internet troll like some other guys, he might be a PPV attraction within a year

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
                    That might be impressive if it was Vegas and if the tickets where going for many thousands, but ringside seats are only $500. In terms of live gates it's not that impressive.
                    Ringside seats are $800 my friend. I'm section C row 3. Boots on the ground. Pays to know what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
                      Why not rematch Horn & Spence in their native country for 50K fans?
                      And of course double the money!
                      Not interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X