Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the SNES Super Mario Bros series P4P the best ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the SNES Super Mario Bros series P4P the best ever?

With the time they came out for the SNES, the longevity they have, the decades after, that kids and adults alike are still playing these SNES games...is the Super Mario series of SNES the All Time Greatest P4P game series of all time? the Sugar Ray Robinson of game series? The Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, Tiger Woods, Wayne Gretzky, Jim Brown, Babe Ruth/Hank Aaron of game series?

There's Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Tetris, Call of Duty, The Sims, Fifa, Madden NFL, Assassin's Creed, Sonic the Hedgehog, Need for Speed, Gran Turismo, WWE 2k, NBA 2K, MLB The Show, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter etc.

But really, is Super Mario Bros. SNES series the best ever? The epitome of a "timeless classic"?

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    With the time they came out for the SNES, the longevity they have, the decades after, that kids and adults alike are still playing these SNES games...is the Super Mario series of SNES the All Time Greatest P4P game series of all time? the Sugar Ray Robinson of game series? The Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, Tiger Woods, Wayne Gretzky, Jim Brown, Babe Ruth/Hank Aaron of game series?

There's Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Tetris, Call of Duty, The Sims, Fifa, Madden NFL, Assassin's Creed, Sonic the Hedgehog, Need for Speed, Gran Turismo, WWE 2k, NBA 2K, MLB The Show, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter etc.

But really, is Super Mario Bros. SNES series the best ever? The epitome of a "timeless classic"?
    Supermario allstars was and probably still is the best platform game of all time
    I emulated it onto my android couple years back
    Hadn't aged whatsoever
    But then they ruined it with mario64 and I haven't played since

Best series is street fighter though
    All the way from the 90s arcade n Still going strong today

Some kids will turn their noses up on Mario
    Ain't nobody doing that to Ryu unless you wanna get Hadoukened

Comment

Regular Nintendo Super Mario series was the best imo.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post

Hell yeah, I grew up playing all those games.

Part 2 was my favorite. I read that game wasn't actually meant to be a Mario game, that's why it was so different than the first and third one.

The original Super Mario 2 that was released in Japan got released years later in the U.S. as "Super Mario Lost Levels." Nintendo didn't release that version in the U.S. until years later because they thought it was too difficult.

So they took a totally different game, revised it to give it the Mario theme and made that one Super Mario 2 in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          Hell yeah, I grew up playing all those games.

Part 2 was my favorite. I read that game wasn't actually meant to be a Mario game, that's why it was so different than the first and third one.

The original Super Mario 2 that was released in Japan got released years later in the U.S. as "Super Mario Lost Levels." Nintendo didn't release that version in the U.S. until years later because they thought it was too difficult.

So they took a totally different game, revised it to give it the Mario theme and made that one Super Mario 2 in the U.S.
          Super Mario Lost Levels is hard as hell. I just beat it a week ago. That's just abuse.

Comment

Old school it's Mario bros hands down.. and probably all time..

Modern era- grand theft auto or call of duty but call of duty isn't really a game as it's more about playing against other humans

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Super Mario Lost Levels is hard as hell. I just beat it a week ago. That's just abuse.
              I'll get around to playing it sometime, I love good a challenge. I need to add that one to my Super Mario Bros resume.

Some of the those old NES games are torture. Most modern games are a cake walk compared to the 80s and 90s.

Comment

not the best but one of the favourite.

Comment

maybe it is, then gta, vice city and san andreas makes me feel good. like im in s party. then maybe street fighter.

sonic after sonic 1,2,3 sonic and knuckles 1,2 was done, the 3d ones were crap. imo

where as mario 64 is a great game to complete, its good on the gameboy advanced, and mario kart is just legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by War Mayweather View Post

loved being a kid. but people think they grow out of games, but really they have just got boring. or a girl aint letting them play. losers.

im peter panning life. playing games for life. inly thing that changes is im eating pum

Comment

Working...
                    X