No announcement yet.

Romero misses weight for UFC 225 against Whitaker - now a non-title fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romero misses weight for UFC 225 against Whitaker - now a non-title fight

He only missed weight by 0.2 pounds, doe, and it was obviously he pushed his body to the absolute limit - dude looked like death.

If he loses, which he prolly will, no way he sticks around at 185 again to make another 2-3 brutal weight-cuts in an attempt to get another title shot.

He's definitely going to 205..

I predicted he would get popped by USADA for this fight, but it looks like he made it.

At 205, at his age, he's definitely gonna try and push the boundaries - so I predict another USADA pop on Romero in the near future

Booo. No bet on yoel. Was considering due to odds and Whitakers knee and rust issues but no way now.

Had whitaker in the first but the odds on him are so bad for the rematch i cant do it

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
      Booo. No bet on yoel. Was considering due to odds and Whitakers knee and rust issues but no way now.

Had whitaker in the first but the odds on him are so bad for the rematch i cant do it
      Bruv. I felt so bad for Yoel - he literally sweat every last OZ of water he had up out of him..

And, supposedly, as he tells it, he thought he had two hours that fighters are typically entitled to, in order to shed the excess poundage to make weight... But he was ordered to stop after only an hour.

Knowing Yoel, and his history wrestling, he definitely would have found a way to shed that extra .2 - I don't care if he had to give a few quarts of blood lol he would have made the weight.

Yeah I feel bad since it was just .2 pounds, and he tried his hardest. Not like that worthless fat piece of shyte Mackenzie Dern coming in 7 pounds over weight with a spare tire gut.. She clearly abused it, and was LOOKING for a way to have an advantage. She truly is a piece of shyte...

And they said Yoel, as soon as he got backstage off camera, he immediately started leaning on his two coaches/training partners about to collapse. And he was grunting and shyte. Poor dude's gotta fight the baddest MW on the planet in like 36 hours thereafter.

I was cheering for Whittaker, but I kind of want to see Yoel win just for putting it all on the line for the integrity of the sport.

Comment

I'm watching Lamas vs Bektic. It is pretty decent for a prelim bout.

Comment

I've been saying that the bouts should be cancelled rather than allowed to go forward but I can see when a guy comes within half a lb of the limit that it really gives him no advantage. I don't know what it means for Romero moving forward though if he cannot make 185 lbs. edit - I can see there is another thread about that subject now.

Comment

Working...
          X