No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: George Groves, Callum Smith - Go Face To Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: George Groves, Callum Smith - Go Face To Face

George Groves, Callum Smith face to face photos gallery - Callum Smith booked a place in the Ali Trophy Super Middleweight Final after defeating Nieky Holzken on points in Nuremberg. The judges scored it 118-110 and 117-111 twice all in favour of the English WBC Diamond Champion. The Liverpudlian was due to fight German veteran Jurgen Braehmer but he was forced to pull out early in the week due to illness.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Prefer Groves to win because he is an old lion (relatively speaking, long pro-career at top level) and Smith gets all the hype and talk about him. Boxing families naturally have that selling power, Groves is a gritty veteran

Comment

Wow, he's a big boy!

Comment

For the British super middleweight title.

Comment

It's will be a Jab match!

Comment

Groves got this 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              For the British super middleweight title.
              For the WBA Super middleweight title. That's a WORLD title, mate. If Groves wins, he remains number 1 ranked super middleweight in the World. If Smith wins, he'll become the new number 1. Then, it's a matter of relieving Benavidez of the WBC strap, which, I believe, either of these two will be able to do.

Rocky Fielding is the current British super middleweight champ.

Comment

Originally posted by 352 View Post
                For the WBA Super middleweight title. That's a WORLD title, mate. If Groves wins, he remains number 1 ranked super middleweight in the World. If Smith wins, he'll become the new number 1. Then, it's a matter of relieving Benavidez of the WBC strap, which, I believe, either of these two will be able to do.

Rocky Fielding is the current British super middleweight champ.
                I was being cheeky.

Comment

Damn Smitty looks effin huge compared to Groves. I believe, if Groves’ shoulder is good, he will walk the dog on Smith. On top of it all, how the hell did Smith not knock The Natural the f out? He just fought a retired kickboxer with not much of a game or game plan. Should’ve been a different replacement. It’s almost unfair that GG had to go to war with Eubank and then CS gets this softy.

Comment

Two good super middleweights but the final will be a snooze fest. Having tourneys is the way to go but not if the best in the division (Benavidez) isn't there. Be like having a WW tourney without TC - good, but it won't answer all the Qs.
                    And my God, do I hate all these pre-fight interviews and the cheesy as hell build up. Seems to go on forever.

Comment

Working...
                    X