Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Erislandy Lara the best Cuban boxer of the last 10 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    lara fans can just use the ole golovkin excuse playbook

"just the guys that would actually fight him"...cause, ya know, your guy wouldnt even consider him

and if he didnt actually win the fight they can use the other play from the playbook "everyone knows he actually won"
    Lil' Mark Ass Buster Crackuh Honky Whitey Cuck Borat G didn't want dat Cuban BBC...

Comment

No, That's Rigo.

Comment

For me it would have to be Rigo, Lara since the Canelo fight hasn't fought anyone worth mentioning and in my opinion, has a couple of gift decisions.

I expect a lot of people to change their tune after Hurd stops Lara in April.

Comment

as good as lara is, he let him self down after the canelo fight, i still think he beats anyone at 154 including charlo and hurd...

Comment

Yeah I'd say so. He beat Canelo by a round imo.

Comment

Originally posted by YNG View Post
              I mean, he was robbed against Paul Williams, he schooled Trout who gave Canelo and Charlo close fights and recently gave Hurd all he could handle before winning on size, he had a really close fight with Canelo, he also took the undefeated of olympian Terrell Guasha, if he beats Hurd he has a strong argument to be top 10 p4p.
              His best win is trout. Dosen't say much. He got dropped twice by a plodder in angulo and was in danger of losing the fight being down on the scorecards. He'll always come up short in the big fights.

Comment

Lara is not the best. He’s the most successful. There’s a big difference. The best was probably Rigo, but we never got to see his best. Gamboa, another guy whose best we never saw, was hands-down the most exciting.

I don’t know how people compare Lara to Mayweather. The styles aren’t really the same, and Floyd was clearly better. Not even the same league. And if you think Mayweather was boring to watch (not I), Lara is much more boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                  Yeah I'd say so. He beat Canelo by a round imo.
                  Yeah, I thought he beat Canelo by a close margin, but Lara didn’t truly do enough to win that fight. He was the B-side to a young star. It was his big moment, and Lara fought like it was some amateur championship, like outpointing Canelo would be enough. Shit, Oscar, a star himself, lost a fight he was clearly winning because he decided to play it safe while he was up on points.

Comment

rigondeaux's victory over donaire was was the best W. lara has some good wins. did well against canelo, too, but i understand him not getting the decision.

lara's problem is that he's incredibly negative, and almost always stinks the joint out. it's limited a lot of what he's been able to do in boxing. the guy has a ton of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      lara fans can just use the ole golovkin excuse playbook

"just the guys that would actually fight him"...cause, ya know, your guy wouldnt even consider him

and if he didnt actually win the fight they can use the other play from the playbook "everyone knows he actually won"
                      He deservedly lost to canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X