This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    It was an either way fight and Floyd had a point deducted himself in that fight so your point deductions comment makes no sense.

How is two fights out of 50 a pattern? Maidana and Castillo were his only two either way fights and he rematched both. That's not a pattern.

Broner has never been Lineal Champion so yet another poor comparison.
    Broner acknowledged.... Floyd didn't look so good against oscar either, so thats 3...The Pacquio fight, even after prime, if he had dominated would have shown that when he ramped it up he could put himself against a fellow ATG...Well he didn't do that whether one believes he won that fight or not.

I mean Dan, 3 or 4 of these type affairs when a guy fought 80 times may not mean much, but with 50 wins and that was two fights with Madiana... we are almost at 10% of is wins.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Hernandez was done. Already beaten by DLH. Funny you think Baldomir was a young lion with 9 losses. I expect nothing less from the Pom-Pom shakers.
      Baldomir was not shot when he fought Floyd, he just was never really that good to begin with. He got by Judah, who was becoming a tier down from when he was a young lion , by hustling and determination. the Baldomir fight was similar to the Gatti fight really.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Broner acknowledged.... Floyd didn't look so good against oscar either, so thats 3...The Pacquio fight, even after prime, if he had dominated would have shown that when he ramped it up he could put himself against a fellow ATG...Well he didn't do that whether one believes he won that fight or not.

I mean Dan, 3 or 4 of these type affairs when a guy fought 80 times may not mean much, but with 50 wins and that was two fights with Madiana... we are almost at 10% of is wins.
        He beat Oscar easily so no it's still two. Out of 50, that's not a pattern.

He also beat Pacquaio widely at age 38.

Comment

He beat Oscar easily so no it's still two. Out of 50, that's not a pattern.

He also beat Pacquaio widely at age 38.
          Sauce for the goose is good for the gander...No Dan...just as the Castillo fight was not a robbery, he did not beat Oscar easily. It was a split decision you know like the press who were "divided" over the Castillo fight? the judges were divided the same way?

We will agree to disagree over the Pac fight, Floyd certainly was not dominant in any way in that fight, both men had their moments. lets contrast that with the Caeser Junior versus Canello fight... One could say Canello for whatever reason was dominant in that victory.

Comment

Sauce for the goose is good for the gander...No Dan...just as the Castillo fight was not a robbery, he did not beat Oscar easily. It was a split decision you know like the press who were "divided" over the Castillo fight? the judges were divided the same way?

We will agree to disagree over the Pac fight, Floyd certainly was not dominant in any way in that fight, both men had their moments. lets contrast that with the Caeser Junior versus Canello fight... One could say Canello for whatever reason was dominant in that victory.
            It was a split decision because one of the judges was blind clearly. Floyd won that fight easily and comfortably. No case at all for Oscar winning.

I don't kno what the media score was but I very much doubt it was a 50-50 split.

Mayweather at age 38 beat Pacquaio by a wide decision. Not dominant? Whatever but what's not disputable is it was a comfortable decision and far from close.

Mayweather has had two close, either way fights. Castillo 1 and Maidana 1. He rematched both immediatly and beat both comfortable.

That is what you call a dominant fighter.

Comment

It was a split decision because one of the judges was blind clearly. Floyd won that fight easily and comfortably. No case at all for Oscar winning.

I don't kno what the media score was but I very much doubt it was a 50-50 split.

Mayweather at age 38 beat Pacquaio by a wide decision. Not dominant? Whatever but what's not disputable is it was a comfortable decision and far from close.

Mayweather has had two close, either way fights. Castillo 1 and Maidana 1. He rematched both immediatly and beat both comfortable.

That is what you call a dominant fighter.
              You can't pick and choose which contingencies have material affect on circumstances, based on you as an authority. Thats the very definition of being biased. media scoundrels 1 judges 0 because Dan thinks its so. I tend to think many of the media are blind...what of it? Talk about blind judges...how bout that pac decision?

Look at how Ward dealt with Frotch and compare that to the Pac fight... thats what I call a dominant fighter. Want pound for pound, well lets pull up the dawson fight and compare it to oscar: Again, we have different definitions of a dominant fighter. Floyd can be credited with many things, but the holes in his legacy have to get disussed as well: He never beat an ATG at prime and when given a chance to distinguish himself against an atg at twilight, he made it somewhat contraversally.

Comment

You can't pick and choose which contingencies have material affect on circumstances, based on you as an authority. Thats the very definition of being biased. media scoundrels 1 judges 0 because Dan thinks its so. I tend to think many of the media are blind...what of it? Talk about blind judges...how bout that pac decision?

Look at how Ward dealt with Frotch and compare that to the Pac fight... thats what I call a dominant fighter. Want pound for pound, well lets pull up the dawson fight and compare it to oscar: Again, we have different definitions of a dominant fighter. Floyd can be credited with many things, but the holes in his legacy have to get disussed as well: He never beat an ATG at prime and when given a chance to distinguish himself against an atg at twilight, he made it somewhat contraversally.
                I'm not picking and choosing because it's apples and oranges.

The judge from the Oscar fight who scored it for Oscar was on drugs if I had to guess. Because that fight wasn't close.

Me using the media as a gauge was in response to a fight comparison plus it's a much vaster sample to use.

As for "the Pac decision" you have lost me. What Pac decision? You surely don't mean Mayweather vs Pacquaio and you are surely not trying to claim that that fight was controversial? As it clearly was not controversial and a comfortable decision for Mayweather.

Ok compare Ward-Froch to Mayweather-Pacquaio? They are about the same. Neither put on a great show but both won easily and comfortably.

Again Mayweather in 50 fights had two close fights and immediately rematched them and beat them comfortable. If that's not a dominant fighter then I'm not sure what is.

You say Floyd never beat any ATG's in their prime when Andre Ward hasn't beaten any ATG's period.

Comment

My impression was Mayweather lost to PAC when I watched the fight. Mayweather did not look good. He missed a lot of punches. He got credit for punches that he didn't land.

Comment

I'm not picking and choosing because it's apples and oranges.

The judge from the Oscar fight who scored it for Oscar was on drugs if I had to guess. Because that fight wasn't close.

Me using the media as a gauge was in response to a fight comparison plus it's a much vaster sample to use.

As for "the Pac decision" you have lost me. What Pac decision? You surely don't mean Mayweather vs Pacquaio and you are surely not trying to claim that that fight was controversial? As it clearly was not controversial and a comfortable decision for Mayweather.

Ok compare Ward-Froch to Mayweather-Pacquaio? They are about the same. Neither put on a great show but both won easily and comfortably.

Again Mayweather in 50 fights had two close fights and immediately rematched them and beat them comfortable. If that's not a dominant fighter then I'm not sure what is.

You say Floyd never beat any ATG's in their prime when Andre Ward hasn't beaten any ATG's period.
                    Andre Ward might have...we don't know about Kovalev yet. Froch was a dominant win for Ward Pac was not, and hyperbole saying that the fight was not without its contraversy is silly. The fight was closer than the judges had it and many people felt pac won, maybe the judges took the same drugs!

Lol the media is indeed a vaster sample...hardly makes it better any more than a democracy means the smartest people get to make policy. Your opinion of the Oscar fight does not change the facts either.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      My impression was Mayweather lost to PAC when I watched the fight. Mayweather did not look good. He missed a lot of punches. He got credit for punches that he didn't land.
                      Many people share that opinion... but god forbid because its insulting to many of the Mayweather faithful to say such things!

Comment

Working...
                      X