Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Sugar Ray Robinson rank among goat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would squarley put Ray Robinson between Peter Mcneely on the lower end and Thor on the upper end.

Comment

Number One====Sugar Ray Robinson All Around Greatest Ever!

Number One Pure Boxer==Willie the "Wisp" Pep

Number One Heavy==Joe Louis
      Number One LyHvy==Mike Spinks
      Number One Middle==Sugar Ray Robinson
      Number One Welter==Sugar Ray Robinson
      Number One Light===Ike Williams
      Number One Feather==Willie Pep
      Number One Bantam==Carlos Zarate'
      Number One Flyweight=Ricardo Lopez (includes Straweight)

heres my picks, there are others that could fit in nicely but here are the ones I enjoy!

Ray Corso

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Number One====Sugar Ray Robinson All Around Greatest Ever!

Number One Pure Boxer==Willie the "Wisp" Pep

Number One Heavy==Joe Louis
        Number One LyHvy==Mike Spinks
        Number One Middle==Sugar Ray Robinson
        Number One Welter==Sugar Ray Robinson
        Number One Light===Ike Williams
        Number One Feather==Willie Pep
        Number One Bantam==Carlos Zarate'
        Number One Flyweight=Ricardo Lopez (includes Straweight)

heres my picks, there are others that could fit in nicely but here are the ones I enjoy!

Ray Corso
        No shout out for cruiserweight ray?

Comment

No, I don't like the additions. The 245lb heavies could be handled by 190-200.
          Its a question of styles and talent! I believe guys like Dempsey and Marciano and Tyson would have their shots at Big George and Wlad.
          When your 6' 4" and up you should own the outside but when your 6' and under you should own the inside! To me theres was nothing like a solid inside fighter looking to break through a solid boxers defense on the outside!
          If there are people who think that Dempsey and the rest at 190lbs can't hurt Foreman and Wlad their crazy!
          I've worked pads for Tyson at 190lbs and 15 yrs old and at 205 at 17yrs old and Ernie Shavers at 205 and they hit hard, "real hard"!

The cruiser division is ok and I think the junior divisions have their place buit NOT in Titled fights! It's ok for pre ten round fighters who are maturing into their weight classes. It gives them a chance to develop when their young and not give away weight and experience. Once your mature your weight category should be established and that's that. If your in top shape at 145 your a welter at 25 years old. If your a successful fighter for ten years at 35 you try the Middleweights screw this junior division title crap. It waters down the sport. This Ward young man is the best at 168 now its time to move to 175 where competition is waiting on him. He's not a 22 year old green fighter!
          If fighters weight in the morning of their fights you'd see better competition and none of this exploding 25 lbs over the weight class. That's just cheating!!!
          If you fight 160 and make weight your going to come in at 168 maybe 170 with 2 good meals and fluids, your opponent will most likely do the same. Its not far when a guy kills himself to get to 160 then has 40 hours to rehydrate to 182lbs? That's NOT a middleweight! Call it like it is, cheating!!!!
          Ray.

Comment

on wilkipeda Ali, Duran and Leonard endorse Robinson as number one that's combined with my own thought's are how I come to the conclusion that Ray is in a class of his own.

Comment

SRR is a consensus ATG #1. Top of the list. Greatest fighter ever lived. He had it all.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Number one, with Ali his closest competition. Both guys were the complete package but SRR is ahead cos of his punching power, p4p far superior to that of Ali but Ali was probably smarter in the ring.

Pep, Armstrong, Duran, SRL, Charles are all up there too.
                Ali is far from Robinson's closest competition

Comment

Number one, with Ali his closest competition. Both guys were the complete package but SRR is ahead cos of his punching power, p4p far superior to that of Ali but Ali was probably smarter in the ring.

Pep, Armstrong, Duran, SRL, Charles are all up there too.
                  You are the most delusional Ali fan I think I've ever seen post. Not only is your assessment wrong, but Ali isn't even a ****ing answer in this discussion.

SRR is #1. If we had footage of Greb we'd maybe have a different outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                    You are the most delusional Ali fan I think I've ever seen post. Not only is your assessment wrong, but Ali isn't even a ****ing answer in this discussion.

SRR is #1. If we had footage of Greb we'd maybe have a different outlook.
                    Ali has the best heavyweight resume of all time and at 200+ lb is the quickest big man ever, add to that a supreme jab, right hand and an unbreakable chin...you don't think he is better than guys who you have no or very little footage of ? lol

seriously, maybe learn boxing, im tired of whoopin all ur intellectual asses every day on here, its gettin sad.

Comment

Ali has the best heavyweight resume of all time and at 200+ lb is the quickest big man ever, add to that a supreme jab, right hand and an unbreakable chin...you don't think he is better than guys who you have no or very little footage of ? lol

seriously, maybe learn boxing, im tired of whoopin all ur intellectual asses every day on here, its gettin sad.
                      Ali nuthuggers are so delusional.

Comment

Working...
                      X