No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather is Scared of Pacquiao, Says Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
    Shane's defeated a guy who knocked out the man Manny defeated.

The guy who defeated Cotto cheated.. The guy Shane beat got caught cheating..

Cotto beat Shane.. So which is the better win?

Comment

• Floyd called Pacquiao "extraordinary". How much more can you say of a fighter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        floyd needs the money more than pac does. he will fold, but by then pac might be retired... but that's floyd's M.O. wait until your opponent is weak then strike.

Comment

• i dont think he is scared, its all about $$$$

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            ummm..... Floyd has had more high paydays than Pacquiao
            so it should be Pac manning up to get his stacks up. Mosley/Mayweather
            was/is a bigger fight than Pac/clottey ever since it was first announced.
            indeed, floyd had more paydays... as a "B" side to his biggest fights.
            oscar, ricky, some can even make an argument for marquez... after all, it was MEXICAN independence day. bottom line, floyds opponents brought the paying crowds... any dispute to that is ridiculous.

as for pac, he brought in 700,000 by himself (with help from jerry jones)... and everyone knows the fight didnt even have full promotion time... pac was still riding the high of beating cotto.... and clottey was basically unknown by casual fans so its safe to say he was irrelevant when it comes to PPV draw.

i agree, the REAL event is floyd vs mosley.... its the most significant. pac's team made a HUUGE mistake in rushing into a fight with clottey. but clottey was the only ranked choice in WW.

Comment

• in my opinion,without any bias,from a fans view (which is what counts),if someone that i want to beat the **** out of,said to me,ok then i will fight you, just take some drug tests,personally,i would do it for free,but that's just me,i know everyone is different but all men live by a code,now in my opinion there is only one person trying to make a fight here the better man and it is pretty,remember this is just my opinion and everyone that i talk to about this es opinion,pretty is the one trying to make the fight and the other guy is scared you know the one named after a lame ass game that's his way out of the beating of his life,now remember this just a popular opinion though,or a general concenciose or whatever

Comment

• i think,maybe the one not trying to make the fight might even be scared of being embaresed ,in front of his fellow countrymen,rather than being scarred of getting his ass handed to him,he's already had that done to him b4 the better man would be the one that can fight no matter what you know a true warrior

Comment

• i wouldnt read much into this, freddie roach says different **** every week about mayweather and his family.

Comment

• Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
                    indeed, floyd had more paydays... as a "B" side to his biggest fights.
                    oscar, ricky, some can even make an argument for marquez... after all, it was MEXICAN independence day. bottom line, floyds opponents brought the paying crowds... any dispute to that is ridiculous.

as for pac, he brought in 700,000 by himself (with help from jerry jones)... and everyone knows the fight didnt even have full promotion time... pac was still riding the high of beating cotto.... and clottey was basically unknown by casual fans so its safe to say he was irrelevant when it comes to PPV draw.

i agree, the REAL event is floyd vs mosley.... its the most significant. pac's team made a HUUGE mistake in rushing into a fight with clottey. but clottey was the only ranked choice in WW.
                    ummm.... Pac fought 3 of the same fights with 3 of the
                    same fighters Floyd beat prior (with exception to Marquez)
                    and Pac didn't even reach next to Floyd numbers. what are you talking about B side? If Floyd is a B side, then Pac is a
                    C side. Clottey was a safe fight and Top Rank fighter.
                    Last edited by GRUSTLER; 04-06-2010, 12:31 PM. Reason: Correction.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                      Also....

"If they give me a 5-day window or something like that I have no problem with it," Roach said.
                      so now every fighter is required to have the same mindset as their trainers?

last time i checked, floyd's a xylocaine user and doesn't fight anywhere but vegas because of this

this issue should end in the fight being in texas with a 14 day testing window, with xylocaine banned. you'll see plenty of excuses from each camp, but a fight made eventually

still roach saying that floyd's scared is laughable

Comment

Working...
                      X