Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowe vs Today’s HWs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowe beats them easily, Fury could maybe cause him some problems stylistically but I’d still confidently pick Bowe to win that fight. He’d knock both AJ and Wilder out easily. Bowe is a fighter who I really wish had taken the sport more seriously, he had so much ability.

Comment

Bowe is ridiculously overrated. Bowe's greatest advantage was that he was considerably bigger and stronger than nearly everyone he faced, such would not be the case against today's HW division. Not saying I wouldn't like to see the fights just that imagining Bowe would dominate today is a mistake. Bowe flat out ducked Lennox and when he met the semi-talented Golota, Bowe was shown up for what he really was, big and strong but not very quick.
      I'd give Bowe a pretty good chance at beating Wilder only because I can't get over how successful Washington was with nothing more than a jab. I don't think Bowe would have much luck against Joshua unless he could wear him down. Frankly though, I think Joshua bombs Bowe out in short order.

Comment

1 .Wilder vs Bowe

You need an inside game or really good jab to defeat Bowe .

Wilder has neither .

Bowe wins 30/70

2 . Fury vs Bowe

Fury has the size but doesnt have the power ,he wouldnt have the punch volume to be where he needs to be and Bowe gets to him with that low Fury guard . Could go either way depending on who shows up, Bowe clearly more skilled but Fury could frustrate the heavy footed Bowe who was not hard to hit , Furys 85 inch reach could be a problem .

Even fight 50/50

3 .Joshua vs Bowe

Joshua has power and inside /close quarter game . He just doesnt stand there he moves out of range when opponents throw jabs ,he wouldn't let Bowe set up . Theres alot of advantage for Joshua ,size ,speed ,power , accuracy and style of the counter puncher bc Bowe often was stationary throwing off balance punches at mid range when he missed .

Joshua has a underated jab to also frustrate Bowe ,Golota style !

Joshua wins 80/20
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-22-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          Bowe is ridiculously overrated. Bowe's greatest advantage was that he was considerably bigger and stronger than nearly everyone he faced, such would not be the case against today's HW division. Not saying I wouldn't like to see the fights just that imagining Bowe would dominate today is a mistake. Bowe flat out ducked Lennox and when he met the semi-talented Golota, Bowe was shown up for what he really was, big and strong but not very quick.
          I'd give Bowe a pretty good chance at beating Wilder only because I can't get over how successful Washington was with nothing more than a jab. I don't think Bowe would have much luck against Joshua unless he could wear him down. Frankly though, I think Joshua bombs Bowe out in short order.
          Bowe had a lot of skill and was a great infighter. I personally think he's a waste of talent and wasn't worthy of the HOF but he was an excellent talent and I'd pick him to wipe the floor with the current crop of heavyweight's.

The ducking of Lewis was shameful though and at that time he'd probably have been favored but then again the fighters know best and Lewis was supremely confident of his superiority over Bowe and Bowe was scared of Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
            Is the question how Bowe would do against today's top heavyweights or is it how he would do against two of today's top heavyweights and a former heavyweight fighter? Or do you mean Hughie Fury???

Tyson Fury beat a handful of no name, no hope bums, got a title shot, used peds to get ready for his title shot, failed ped tests for anabolic steroids, got suspended for two years, and never went to any hearing to even try and make any defense or excuse for using peds. His refusal to offer any explanation and his acceptance of a two year suspension is pretty damning proof he took peds for one reason and one reason only: to enhance his performance. It did, he won the fight, but lost the test, and having been exposed as a fraud, he checked into a mental hospital and turned into a drug addict.

Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder are todays top two heavyweights. Both of whom have impressive wins in which they did not get caught cheating for.

If the thought of fight Wilder sent Fury into depression, the thought of fighting Bowe would probably lead to Tyson committing suicide. As for AJ and Wilder, either one against Bowe could go either way. Pretty close to 50/50 fights.

When Fury comes back whooping guys left and right over the course of this year and next, enjoy your humble pie. As for peds Fury accepted a two year ban because it was backdated meaning he wasnt banned at all and I presume that was an easier option than a battle to clear his name. I am sure the hammer victory became a no contest?? but the wlad win still stands so work that out AND youre going on like wlad was some clean fighter, the delusion is strong with these anti-ped boxing fans, dont even know that your favourite fighters favourite fighter is juiced to the gills.
            Last edited by SuperSuperLeeds; 03-22-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              1 .Wilder vs Bowe

You need an inside game or really good jab to defeat Bowe .

Wilder has neither .

Bowe wins 30/70

2 . Fury vs Bowe

Fury has the size but doesnt have the power ,he wouldnt have the punch volume to be where he needs to be and Bowe gets to him with that low Fury guard . Could go either way depending on who shows up, Bowe clearly more skilled but Fury could frustrate the heavy footed Bowe who was not hard to hit , Furys 85 inch reach could be a problem .

Even fight 50/50

3 .Joshua vs Bowe

Joshua has power and inside /close quarter game . He just doesnt stand there he moves out of range when opponents throw jabs ,he wouldn't let Bowe set up . Theres alot of advantage for Joshua ,size ,speed ,power , accuracy and style of the counter puncher bc Bowe often was stationary throwing off balance punches at mid range when he missed .

Joshua has a underated jab to also frustrate Bowe ,Golota style !

Joshua wins 80/20
              I agree almost, but not sure I do about Joshua though. I would pick Bowe there.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
                When Fury comes back whooping guys left and right over the course of this year and next, enjoy your humble pie. As for peds Fury accepted a two year ban because it was backdated meaning he wasnt banned at all and I presume that was an easier option than a battle to clear his name. I am sure the hammer victory became a no contest?? but the wlad win still stands so work that out AND youre going on like wlad was some clean fighter, the delusion is strong with these anti-ped boxing fans, dont even know that your favourite fighters favourite fighter is juiced to the gills.
                Lol, keep acting like Fury is a professional fighter.

He failed a ped test. He had numerous opportunities before he "retired" to answer questions and clear his name. He chose not to, he just remained quiet and quit boxing. He served a two year suspension for CHEATING. That is a fact. You can try and spin it anyway you want, but he got caught, got suspended for two years, and as soon as the suspension is up, he claims he is coming back. He isn't. He is scared to death to fight any top heavyweight without peds. That is a proven fact.

You and Tyson Fury are already eating humble pie. Looks like Fury ate too much though. Maybe he comes back and beats some complete bums, like he did before. The guy has NEVER fought ONE top fighter without cheating.

Fury would get KO'd by a 60 year old Butterbean. Butterbean has a more impressive boxing resume than Tyson Fury does. Its true. When fury comes back and starts whooping top guys, is when Butterbean comes out of retirement and kills AJ in the ring. Fury has even talked about how good he believes he is. He wants to fight 60 year old Briggs, and he wants to fight Haye, who just lost to a 175 lb. bum. lmao. Wilder just KO'd Ortiz, and AJ is facing Parker in a week. And Fury is 400 pounds and talking about his great comeback against Shannon Briggs.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
                  Last I checked the Hammer fight is still showing as a win. Another reason that "failed drug test" is suspicious.

Comment

Working...
                  X