Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a more lauded, yet poor fighter, than Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you wanna see a resume full of 'bums,' as you call them, take a quick look at GGG's. Won't take long!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      If you wanna see a resume full of 'bums,' as you call them, take a quick look at GGG's. Won't take long!
      Easily the weakest resume of anyone ever considered P4P 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Easily the weakest resume of anyone ever considered P4P 1.
        That's why I don't rate him top 10. He has neither the resume nor the high skills required for P4P.

If he beats Saunders and Charlo, I'll put him in my top 5 and become a huge fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          That's why I don't rate him top 10. He has neither the resume nor the high skills required for P4P.

If he beats Saunders and Charlo, I'll put him in my top 5 and become a huge fan of his.
          He has to be top something. To me he beat Canelo and a narrow lost to Jacobs. Even though both fights scorecards went against my opinion. I just don't get the hate for buddy(GGG)...

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
            He has to be top something. To me he beat Canelo and a narrow lost to Jacobs. Even though both fights scorecards went against my opinion. I just don't get the hate for buddy(GGG)...
            My issue is not with him so much as it is with some of his fans, not all. They put him on the highest pedestal before he had achieved anything remotely closer to that. They also hate and put down any good boxer who presents a challenge.

All I'm doing is applying the measurement, and he comes quite short, to be generous.

I know some excellent, reasonable, smart GGG fans. I respect their measured opinions, and usually don't address them when the topic is GGG. Why? Because I like them and don't wanna create ill will between us.

I don't hate GGG, never called him names before, and appears like a nice guy to me. Never rooted for his downfall, not my style.

One more thing: Stylewise, I prefer someone like Floyd, Usyk, Saunders, Loma, etc. -slickness.

You asked and I answered fully.

Apologies for the long speech!

Comment

Ward should be thankful for the white privilege throught his career. If he wasnt irish he wouldnt be blesses with the skills or got the gift decision against kovalev. If he was black he probably would of gotten arrested

Comment

U pissed cause froch loss if ward ain't good what that say about froch move on with yo life there are other fighter and fights to be made you know

Comment

Weak ass Froch was deathly afraid of middleweight Golovkin. If you ever read a Froch interview he'll cry about Ward or Golovkin every single time. That dude is a salty loser.

Comment

Yup the guy hasn't lost a fight since he was 12 or 13

And from that point he won a gold medal

Cleared out his division

Beat a bunch of current / former Champions and HOFers in their prime

Then Went up in weight and fought and beat the guy twice who was on every P4P list who held 3 straps in his prime and everyone thought was the man in the division

If anything Ward should be more hyped then he is

The guys retired don't get the constant hate threads thrown his way on here. But I guess Ward beating Kov still burns in the heart of many posters

Comment

Well Kovy did win 1st Ward fight, but Ward also stopped him in 2nd fight.

And even in first Kovy fight..it's not like Kovy Dominated Ward. Even with the KD it was a 115-112 or 114-113 win for Kovy...and that's not anything to brag about for a small-medium sized LHW versus a career LHW.

Anyhow Ward answered that call in the rematch and looked comfortable doing it.

Probably a bit overrated, sure, but he was good nonetheless

Comment

Working...
                      X