Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

View Poll Results: Spinks vs Haggler (light heavy)
Spinks points 6 40.00%
Spinks ko 5 33.33%
Draw 1 6.67%
Haggler points 0 0%
Haggar ko 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2017, 10:28 PM #1
Juan Acero Juan Acero is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 108
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Juan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 4,406.64
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,406.64
Default Michael Spinks vs Marvin Hagler

Now it should be obvious why I'm mentioning this fight.
But for the the philistines.
I say the spinx jinx is why Hagglar was too shook to go to light heavy.
Juan Acero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-12-2017, 10:32 PM #2
Juan Acero Juan Acero is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 108
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Juan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 4,406.64
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,406.64
Default

Marvin Haggars worst nightmare...

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Juan Acero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:08 PM #3
Hawkins Hawkins is offline
Anti-Hero
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The 901! Home Of The Blues!
Posts: 2,270
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Hawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,050.30
Bank: 0.62
Total Points: 3,050.92
Good posts, man - anthonydavid11 
Default

Spinks is just way too big. He usually weighed something in the neighborhood of 190lbs on the day of a fight. Marvin was always weighed around 160 on the day of the fight as well as most other days. That's just too huge of a gap to overcome.

If the fight ever happened it would probably have been heavily slanted toward Spinks with a lopsided decision but I don't think he knocks Hagler out or puts him down.
Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:47 PM #4
Dynamite76 Dynamite76 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,747
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
Dynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,092,021.87
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,092,021.87
Default

I have tremendous respect for both guys, but this was a jump to big for Marvin. Like if Carlos tried to go after Bob. Michael would take no more than 3 rounds to kayo Marvin.
Dynamite76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:20 AM #5
Juan Acero Juan Acero is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 108
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Juan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Acero has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 4,406.64
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,406.64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Spinks is just way too big. He usually weighed something in the neighborhood of 190lbs on the day of a fight. Marvin was always weighed around 160 on the day of the fight as well as most other days. That's just too huge of a gap to overcome.

If the fight ever happened it would probably have been heavily slanted toward Spinks with a lopsided decision but I don't think he knocks Hagler out or puts him down.
Wishful thinking...
Some tough as fu'ck lightheavys couldn't take his punches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite76 View Post
I have tremendous respect for both guys, but this was a jump to big for Marvin. Like if Carlos tried to go after Bob. Michael would take no more than 3 rounds to kayo Marvin.
I'd be surprised if it lasted to the second.

I give Monzon a better shot at Foster than this match up....
But I'd still see Monzon gettin killed....
Juan Acero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:39 AM #6
Hawkins Hawkins is offline
Anti-Hero
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The 901! Home Of The Blues!
Posts: 2,270
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Hawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond reputeHawkins has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,050.30
Bank: 0.62
Total Points: 3,050.92
Good posts, man - anthonydavid11 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Acero View Post
Wishful thinking...
Some tough as fu'ck lightheavys couldn't take his punches...
Hagler has one of the best chins in the entire history of the sport and yet you say he would get starched in two? GTFO with that ridiculousness. If Marvin Hagler were to be KO'd it would be from an accumulation of punishment.

Your inept opinion of Hagler is based nowhere in reality and borders on the absurd. So far your credibility is nil on anything regarding Hagler.

Last edited by Hawkins; 09-13-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:04 AM #7
just the facts just the facts is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,224
Quoted: 1178 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
just the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 74,329.55
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 74,329.55
Here you go girl - krazyn8tive 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite76 View Post
I have tremendous respect for both guys, but this was a jump to big for Marvin. Like if Carlos tried to go after Bob. Michael would take no more than 3 rounds to kayo Marvin.
Based on size alone Spinks should win a UD but I certainly don't think Hagler gets KOed and no way in hell he get's KOed early.
just the facts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:45 AM #8
Dynamite76 Dynamite76 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,747
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
Dynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,092,021.87
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,092,021.87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Acero View Post
Wishful thinking...
Some tough as fu'ck lightheavys couldn't take his punches...



I'd be surprised if it lasted to the second.

I give Monzon a better shot at Foster than this match up....
But I'd still see Monzon gettin killed....
My feelings exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just the facts View Post
Based on size alone Spinks should win a UD but I certainly don't think Hagler gets KOed and no way in hell he get's KOed early.
Marvin, if he had moved up to fight Spinks, would realize immediately this was not the middleweights he was dealing with. And Spinks will kayo him, believe that.
Dynamite76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:13 PM #9
alfredkubin alfredkubin is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Age: 54
Posts: 77
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
alfredkubin has a reputation beyond reputealfredkubin has a reputation beyond reputealfredkubin has a reputation beyond reputealfredkubin has a reputation beyond reputealfredkubin has a reputation beyond reputealfredkubin has a reputation beyond reputealfredkubin has a reputation beyond reputealfredkubin has a reputation beyond reputealfredkubin has a reputation beyond reputealfredkubin has a reputation beyond reputealfredkubin has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 40,898.43
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,898.43
Default

I guess Spinks would have won a rather boring decision. No way would he have knocked out Marvin.
alfredkubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:13 PM #10
Dynamite76 Dynamite76 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,747
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
Dynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,092,021.87
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,092,021.87
Default

He would knock Marvin into next week. Next someone will say he would last the distance with Foster.
Dynamite76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
hagler, marvin, michael, spinks

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.