Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If Tyson Fury Wants Joshua in The Summer - No Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deus View Post
    For someone that can end a fight 'any second' he sure has taken a lot of seconds to end most of his recent fights.

You're getting waaaaaay too caught up on the Stiverne KO and are totally ignoring that the likes of Molina took him to 9 rounds, Duhaupas took him to 11, Arreola took him to 8 rounds, Szpilka to 9 rounds.

It's undoubted that Wilder's right is one hell of a weapon that has knocked out many, many fighters, but let's not pretend that he's just got to land 1 right hand and the fight is over when that is clearly not the case, else every fight would be a 1 round KO.

But all those guys you named got stopped. That’s my point.
    I said he had the type of punch to end a fight with 1 shot. Are a lot of guys better boxers then him? Yup. But can a lot of guys stay away from that power for all 12 rounds? Judging by the fact he’s 39-0 with 38 ko’s I’ll say no.

The exact same way a lot of guys are better then Adonis Stevenson, then eat a straight left from him.

Again, my point was wilder, who posses a 97% ko ratio and is currently 39-0 with 38 ko’s is not the most skilled fighter (like Stevenson) but can end a fight with 1 punch...like Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
      Wilder is potentially more dangerous without the ‘0’ which he will lose, probably because he’ll come to knock AJ’s head off his shoulders and AJ will patiently box his ears for 12 rounds. But after this, Wilder will still be around at the top and when he gets over the loss and stops swinging from the rafters he’ll be dangerous
      I think his wild windmill hayemakers are what make him dangerous, especially if he fought Joshua. Wilder is only 220 pounds, decent boxer but not that good, what makes him unique is that wildness and power, I think if he tried to outbox Joshua he’d get killed... Joshua is 30 pounds bigger, and a way better skilled boxer.
      Only way I see wilder beating Joshua is landing some crazy, wild hayemakers that Joshua doesn’t see. Wilder in terms of actual boxing skills is no Lennox Lewis. That right hand kinda defines who he is, the same way that straight left made Adonis Stevenson’s career.

Comment

Fury needs a couple of tune up fights before jumping in the ring with Joshua. Unless he's only coming back for a payday and is happy to get smashed doing so that's alright.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
          this is a fight i dont want to see until tysons in shape and had one or two tune up fights at a minimum
          THIS

Tyson Fury is the lineal champion, so I'd like to see him get a few tune ups, and get in fantastic shape first and then fight either Wilder or Joshua next year (assuming Wilder beats Ortiz, Joshua beats Parker and then Wilder fights Joshua) That would be the true unification bout. Like or hate Fury, or any of those guys, as fans of the sport we should want them all to come with their A game so we get our moneys worth.

Comment

As long as nobody is checking these greedy promoters the corruption will continue

Comment

we want wilder,not an overweight furball,in the meantime fury should whip himself back into shape

Comment

Working...
              X