No announcement yet.

Imagine what happens when Jacobs lands this on GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
    So we should be more impressed by the fact that someone made GGG take a step back than the fact that Mora, who has no power, dropped Jacobs?

Only on boxingscene.
    Hell yeah! Some dude 8 or 10 years ago made GGG take a step back and reset, not wobble or go down, not sway, but make the man miss and clinch like 3 seconds later. That pretty much GUARANTEES that Jacobs is going to win...lol.

On the bright side, at least he's not talking about Haymon winning a purse bid and forcing GGG to vacate

Comment

OP, the problem with what you are suggesting is it's super easy to look back early in the career of just about any fighter and find some footage/story of how they struggled. The mere fact that you have to go back that far just to find some sort of video evidence of vulnerability is telling.

One shouldn't place too much emphasis on what happened earlier in a persons career. Just for the fun of it, I picked a rando-dude off Jacob's resume and googled him. I leave you with the following quote regarding his match with unheralded Michale Walker;

"Although Jacobs ended up winning by the lopsided judges’ scores of 80-72, 80-72 and 80-72 across the board, Jacobs didn’t look good under the heavy pressure that was being put on him by Walker. With a huge six inch height advantage over Walker, it would seem logical that Jacobs would be able to dominate the fight with his longer reach, and in fact he did for the most part.

However, Walker was able to hit Jacobs often in the fight with hooks and body shots, and found it easy to rough Jacobs up on the inside. When Walker was able to get Jacobs against the ropes, Michael found a lot of success landing hard body shots as Jacobs covered up. Before this fight, Jacobs had been put in with opponents that were easily bowled over with the shots from Jacobs that didn’t seem all that hard from the naked eye."

Now I could point to this story and say 'See! How is jacobs going to get away with being hammered by GGG to the body like that! And jeez, he couldn't even stop this guy, his power is overrated!'

Listen, I'm glad you were able to dig deep into the archives to find some sort of visual backup for your opinion on how GGG-Jacobs would turn out. We applaud your considerable and significant effort.
      Last edited by DJ_Quaaludes; 09-06-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

When Jacobs lands with that speed and power and GGG, the whole dynamic of the fight will change

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
          mora landed a clean shot, Jacobs got up and won, Jacobs has a high KO percentage, the thread is about a punch landing on GGG not on Jacobs. if GGG lands the same punch GGG did its lights out but I think posters here fail to realize Jacobs KO ratio as well
          SMH. Lemieux had a KO% of like 88 and GGG laughed at him when Lemieux tagged him with a flush left.

Comment

Fight should have happened right after the Quillin fight. But he'd rather face Mora again. Let's see how the negotiations with 3G will develop.

Comment

I'd say every fighter has been caught with a shot like that. Of course, this is way earlier in Golovkin's career as well and it looked like his legs were just fine. In the early stages of any fighter's career they get caught sometimes. Lemieux and Stevens never landed anything significant. If Jacobs can't land, then I don't see it happening. Every one has a chance, though. So you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                When Jacobs lands with that speed and power and GGG, the whole dynamic of the fight will change
                And what about when GGG lands on Jacobs? That will change the dynamic a lot more. Jacobs was KO'd by Pirog who was excellent and who I wish was still around. However, I don't think Pirog hit nearly as hard as Golovkin.

Comment

Jacobs is going to beat the schit out this boy

You guys mark my words

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

The Brooklyn rumble will ensue...... Curtains
                    People on this site love to post hypothetical "what if" threads. What you describe will never happen because Jacobs will never fight GGG, just as GGG will never fight Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                      People on this site love to post hypothetical "what if" threads. What you describe will never happen because Jacobs will never fight GGG, just as GGG will never fight Ward.
                      He just said he wants to fight him in December

Ain't no hypothetical. The fight will happen... And when it does, I have this post quoted

Comment

Working...
                      X