No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael twitter rampage on Mares vs Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rafael twitter rampage on Mares vs Donaire

On twitter he says he read the 'letter' that was sent to Donaire's team and and says it is a "bonafide contract". Some highlights...

I have a copy of what @GoldenBoyBoxing says it sent to @trboxing to make @filipinoflash vs. @abnermares00. (more)

It's a 13-page provision of services contract between @GoldenBoyBoxing & @trboxing for TR to deliver @filipinoflash for @abnermares00 fight

Because based on the 13-page document I saw, this is a REAL offer for real money with copious detail about the fight in it.

Contract from GB to TR for @filipinoflash vs. @abnermares00 is so detailed it includes airline tix, hotel room and food per diem specifics.

This isnt a letter, it's bonafide @filipinoflash-@abnermares00 contract. Maybe Nonito team didnt show him. Maybe GB didnt send it. I dunno.

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn

Im not overly fussed as i want to see the Rigondeaux fight as much as this one, still interesting though. Thoughts?

It's a good offer to start negotiations with. Arum should have made a counteroffer if there were terms that were unsatisfactory.

Comment

It's obvious Top Rank don't like Donaires chances against Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        It's obvious Top Rank don't like Donaires chances against Mares.
        Or that they simply don't work with Golden boy.

Rigondeaux is a tougher challenge, stylistically, than mares.

Comment

Dan Rafael is a true asset to the sport for days like today.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Or that they simply don't work with Golden boy.

Rigondeaux is a tougher challenge, stylistically, than mares.
            But nobody besides us hardcore boxing fans would care about that matchup, and as you said it's probably more dangerous and Donaire could lose. Donaire-Mares could be a pretty big event if promoted correctly. They make Rigo-Donaire and that's a huge risk to a bigger event in the Mares fight.

Comment

Rafael is one of the few boxer writers that will really call Arum/Top Rank on their garbage because they can't just freeze him out as Top Rank needs ESPN coverage. Lot of writers can't do that because if they can't cover Top Rank fights they are limited.

Comment

Arum wants to do it himself and I think he's too stubborn to budge on that. I wish we could get all the details, but I'm sure there is a lot of back and forth we never hear about. Nonito doesn't sound like he wants this fight very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Rafael is one of the few boxer writers that will really call Arum/Top Rank on their garbage because they can't just freeze him out as Top Rank needs ESPN coverage. Lot of writers can't do that because if they can't cover Top Rank fights they are limited.

It's crazy how biased the boxing media is.

Lets not forget about the free trips and concert tickets Top Rank gives a lot of so called boxing media.

Comment

This is just amazing. The best actually want to fight the best now unlike Floyd and manny and we still can't get the fight. Hbo and show time need to stick it to both these promoters arum and that Swedish guy at gb and FORCE there asses to work 2gether. Oscar and Bob can't make there mils without the two cable giants backing there product. Just don't see why show time and hbo can't play a bigger role of the middle man in the negotiating process between these two clowns.

Comment

Working...
                    X