Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater Fighter, Roy Jones Jr or Thomas Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greater Fighter, Roy Jones Jr or Thomas Hearns?

Who should be ranked as a greater fighter and be ranked higher on a ATG list & why?
    Hearns
    65.12%
    Jones
    34.88%

The poll is expired.

Thomas Hearns.

He fought the better competition in my opinion. Eventhough he lost against Hagler and SRL.

Comment

Id go for Hearns,his competition was better and he was simply an incredible fighter,so was Rjj,but i feel his resume doesnt come close too matching his skills

Comment

Hearns, definitely.

He beat the better competition. hell, one of Jones' best wins, Virgill Hill, was beaten by Hearns...even though Hearns' best weight was 154lbs.

You name me guys that Jones beat that were as good as Benitez, Duran and Ray Leonard. The only one is Hopkins, and lets be honest, Hopkins was green.

Comment

Too bad Jones was such an underachiever, relatively speaking. Most athletically gifted fighter ever, bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            Hearns, definitely.

He beat the better competition. hell, one of Jones' best wins, Virgill Hill, was beaten by Hearns...even though Hearns' best weight was 154lbs.

You name me guys that Jones beat that were as good as Benitez, Duran and Ray Leonard. The only one is Hopkins, and lets be honest, Hopkins was green.
            Can you elaborate on this? I don't think Bernard was green so much as it was that in RJJ's prime, Hopkins could never beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
              Can you elaborate on this? I don't think Bernard was green so much as it was that in RJJ's prime, Hopkins could never beat him.
              well, for one, I believe Hopkins' prime came around the Glen Johnson fight, which was over 4 years after the Roy Jones fight.

also, Hopkins had no notable wins before fighting Jones, and would not have one for another 2 years.

also, Hopkins struggled and was dropped twice against Mercado after the Jones fight. I dont see a prime Hopkins having any sort of trouble at all against a Mercado calibre opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                well, for one, I believe Hopkins' prime came around the Glen Johnson fight, which was over 4 years after the Roy Jones fight.

also, Hopkins had no notable wins before fighting Jones, and would not have one for another 2 years.

also, Hopkins struggled and was dropped twice against Mercado after the Jones fight. I dont see a prime Hopkins having any sort of trouble at all against a Mercado calibre opponent.
                Hopkins was never on Roy's level which is why he chose to avoid a rematch with him until 2010 when Roy was totally shot and unfit to fight anybody.

Comment

Roy Jones was better, Thomas Hearns was greater.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    Roy Jones was better, Thomas Hearns was greater.
                    Thats my thought too

Comment

Working...
                    X