No announcement yet.

Did Muhammad Ali miss his Best years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Muhammad Ali miss his Best years?

Muhammad Ali had just turned 25 years old when he had his last fight in the 1960's.

Did he miss his best years?

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
    Muhammad Ali had just turned 25 years old when he had his last fight in the 1960's.

Did he miss his best years?
    yes he missed the best years of his career

Comment

Most probably! If he didn't have his license revoked he would have surely ended up meeting Frazier, Ellis, Quarry, Patterson and maybe Bonavena much earlier and would have likely beaten all more clearly than he did in the 70s. Frazier was possibly too green to beat Ali in 1967/68.

I think Ali's first loss would have come to Norton.

Comment

I always think about that each and every day because the ali in his prime when danced his way to the knock out like he did to clevland williams and sonny liston is what we couldnt see for another five years because he was suspended for not being part of the vietnam war.

Comment

Because he was not allowed to fight other fighters like Frazier, Ellis and Quarry was able to build names for themselves. That was in the end good for Ali as he got to beat recognized fighters instead of prospects. That's what i believe.

Ali-Fraizer wouldn't have been fight of the century if Frazier didn't have time to become a champion and soldify his position at the top in the absence of Ali.
          Last edited by Ivansmamma; 03-22-2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Yes. We never saw the best Ali. That is unbelievable.

Comment

Shame on the US government

Comment

Muhammad Ali missed most of the year when he was 25 and 28 years old.

He missed the entire years when he was 26 and 27 years old.

I believe Ali's prime would have been 1969/1970,when he was 27 and 28 years old. Instead of 1966/67 when he was 24 and 25.

Yes,the 3 years and 9 months he missed were his best years.The years we never got to see him.

How good would he have been?

Comment

Working...
                X