No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Aaron Pryor vs. Alexis Arguello - CompuBox Looks Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
    Very sad to see the death of Aaron at 60 years this morning on ESPN ...a great fighter 2 show how great he was Duran skiped over him, Leonard moved up to SWWwhen he found out Aaron was going to 147...RIP champ...you were truly one of the great ones of all time...
    rip to Pryor but he didn't want it with Leonard he ducked the fight hard when they offered him a career high payday and never left 140lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      rip to Pryor but he didn't want it with Leonard he ducked the fight hard when they offered him a career high payday and never left 140lbs.
      Are you sure about that I remember Pryor showing up after one of Leonard's fights and calling him out at the presser. Then Sugar Ray getting all but hurt because he called him out for a fight when everyone was there to hear him talk about that fight.He felt disrespected, and told Pryor to get in line like everyone else that wanted to fight him. I believe it was on HBO documentary Legendary nights about the Pryor / Arguello fights.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
        point blank, had his corner NOT been mic'd or those words werent said, what then ? alexis absorbed just as much punishment. maybe he too had something (dunno if he took a test or if the test was dependable back then) ? weve all seen our fair share of quick recoveries (almost every fight m grant and gatti were in, chico vs jlc 1, jmm pac 1....).

imho, much ado over nada.
        You could be right - there have been quick recoveries but all of them were damaged, hurt and tired

Pryor looked as fresh as a daisy after being hurt BADLY, Alexis did absorb alot of punishment, but he looked like a guy had just fought 13 rounds - exactly like Pryor did in round 13 - but suddenly he looked like a different guy.....

Just my opinion and i am biased as i ****ing hate that cvnt Panama Lewis

that guy is the lowest of the low!

So, Sorry dude Pryor's best win has an * next to it for me

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
          You could be right - there have been quick recoveries but all of them were damaged, hurt and tired

Pryor looked as fresh as a daisy after being hurt BADLY, Alexis did absorb alot of punishment, but he looked like a guy had just fought 13 rounds - exactly like Pryor did in round 13 - but suddenly he looked like a different guy.....

He trained Duran too....

Do you put and * next to Duran as well?

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post

np. i just feel people tend to play too much into what appears to be a controversy. im a staunch believer that the better man will always win. no drug or corner man will change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              He trained Duran too....

Do you put and * next to Duran as well?
              Anyone who has links with that piece of **** has an * next to their names and i am a big big fan of Duran

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                Fantastic fight, no one knows how it would have played out without Panama's special "mix".
                Forgot about panama! I'm getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                  np. i just feel people tend to play too much into what appears to be a controversy. im a staunch believer that the better man will always win. no drug or corner man will change that.
                  What he said! ^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    What he said! ^^^^^^^

logical people say likewise but realize early on that convincing witch hunters is futile.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      Forgot about panama! I'm getting old.
                      Yup If you watch the doc Assault in the Ring, you get some insight into his corner.

I don't want to take anything away from Pryor though, he was one of a kind inside the ring and out, may he rest in peace.

WHAT TIME IS IT?!?
                      HAWK TIME.
                      Last edited by AllEyesOpen; 10-17-2016, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X