Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be next in line as the next great Puerto Rican fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any new prospects or other names come up to be on the look out for?

As far as the best fighters right now from P.R. or representing P.R. that are ranked top 10 or up and coming prospects........

The only ones so far that I know of are:

-108 pounds Angel Acosta

-115 pounds McWilliams Arroyo

-118 pounds Manny Rodriguez

-122 pounds Jeyvier Cintron

-126 pounds Jesus Rojas

-130 pounds Alberto Machado, Christopher Diaz and Joseph Adorno

-140 pounds "Browny" Subriel Matias and Danielito Zorrilla

-147 pounds Danny Garcia

Any others not named to watch for or know about?
    Last edited by True That; 05-26-2018, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
      Miguel Cruz is the only hope for PR. Thats not to make it sound like he sucks he actually a great prospect and a real fighter.

This dude Miguel Cruz is now scratched off my list. When you lose to a faded old Josesito Lopez you know for sure you're not in the running to have a chance at stardom for P.R. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        Subriel "browny" Matias

I think this guy has something worth looking at

So far, so good for this guy. He needs to get a world class trainer to sharpen and elevate his skills. But I like what I've seen so far. Thank you for bringing this guy to people's attention.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
          Yikes! I knew this kid wasn't it. The guys he was struggling with, Cotto and Trinidad were destroying at the same points in their careers compared to Verdejo.
          yeah you were right. hes still young so maybe he could rebound but its not looking good

Comment

As far as the best fighters right now from P.R. or representing P.R. that are ranked top 10 or up and coming prospects........

-108 pounds Angel Acosta

-126 pounds Jesus Rojas

-147 pounds Danny Garcia

manny rodriguez ^

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack. View Post
              manny rodriguez ^

Yeah, Manny Rodriguez looks promising, I like him. I like that "Browny" kid too, Subriel Matias, he has talent but he's raw. He needs a world class trainer to hone his skills.

And that young kid from PA, Joseph Adorno, I'm keeping an eye on him also.

Comment

Jesus Rojas. Fun style, relentless pressure, hit hard, and can take a punch

Comment

-108 pounds Angel Acosta

-126 pounds Jesus Rojas

-147 pounds Danny Garcia

Sorry but your list sucks.
                  Acosta can legally be a midget. He aint gona be no star lol

Arroyo? Are you kidding? Lol..

Rodriguez has the most potential that group but just better hope he doesnt face Inoue cuz he’s get fked up

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    Sorry but your list sucks.
                    Acosta can legally be a midget. He aint gona be no star lol

Arroyo? Are you kidding? Lol..

Rodriguez has the most potential that group but just better hope he doesnt face Inoue cuz he’s get fked up

#1 it's not my list, it's what P.R. boxing is and where it's at right now.

If you read my post correctly what I stated in the post is: the top P.R. fighters "right now" either ranked in the top 10 or up and coming prospects were......and I mentioned the names.

I know the lower weight classes don't usually pan out as stars, I was compiling a list of who are the best fighters right now out of P.R. whether ranked in the top 10 in their division or up and coming prospects.

Duh, I know Arroyo isn't going to be a star, he's listed in the top 10 of his division right now but I know he ain't going to be a star. Acosta is too small to be a star like that. They are just 2 of our top fighters right now.

Rodriguez has potential and promise. I'll reserve my judgement on him until later. As far as facing Naoya Inoue well it looks like they are going to be fighting sometime soon because both Manny Rodriguez and Naoya Inoue are in that WBSS tournament I believe. I'll be rooting for Manny but if Inoue beats Manny he beats Manny. I'll be looking forward to that fight though when it happens.

I personally like Rodriguez, Browny Subriel Matias, Joseph Adorno and Jesus Rojas but Rojas needs to be more active, he's on the shelf too much. But time will tell how things pan out for them.

And yes I admit P.R. boxing is not what it used to be at the moment, obviously by the list of our best fighters right now we can see that. But I have some hope for a couple of fighters on that list. Not many, but time will tell what happens. Hopefully some other names/prospects come up to add to the list. The drought has been a long one for someone to step up.
                    Last edited by True That; 05-26-2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                      Jesus Rojas. Fun style, relentless pressure, hit hard, and can take a punch

I like Jesus Rojas too, but why is he on the shelf so much and not scheduled for fights? They need to keep this dude active and keep him busy. He's in his late 20's or early 30's I think. He's not young so they got to push him now and get him in fights and keep him busy. It's a shame that he doesn't have 3 fights a year. At the very least he should be fighting 2 times a year if not 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X