• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyCage View Post
    how about montreal?
    Maybe in 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      LOL...we're still in a drought....been having one for a year and 1/2. It used to rain almost daily but that was 50 years ago. This year has been record dry and hot...but rain is still the 1st thing people from somewhere else still think. Our climate is very close to that of San Fransisco now. We get less rainfall normally than New York and South Florida gets 50% more. But in in the last few years we have had very little and it's not expected to change...in fact it's predicted to keep getting dryer and hotter here.

The vibe is very young...modern and International. The entire landscape and culture of the city has completely been redone in the last decade or 2 so it's all very new...pristine and modern and still has the natural beauty of the ocean and mountains. You can ski...golf and sail all in the same day here. It's a very expensive place but still manageable without really a lot of money if you are resourceful and creative. Honestly...my life is a dream and lately I've been riding a great wave of blessings and good days and love it here.
      thats good to hear youre doing good.

can you understand/speak french?

Comment

thats good to hear youre doing good.

can you understand/speak french?
        Yeah although I'm rusty now...it's been a long time and I never really enjoyed the language because of the politics of it...language in Quebec is very messed up issue and it was another reason I didn't want to live there anymore. But really...the 1st time I went south in the winter I came back and decided that it made no sense to live 1/2 your life hating the weather and waiting for summer...which often is hot and humid in Montreal and too short and then it's back to misery. Also Montreal has very little green space and only a black polluted river surrounding it. I need the ocean and green space to be happy. I lived in the Dominican Republic for 2 years before moving here and learned Spanish also. I enjoy speaking Spanish much more than French although I'm a bit rusty in that also now. I had a good run of thing there and made decent money...so it made it a little hard to break away. But I decided to take a leap and take a free fall at life and it all worked out. Things don't change unless you make changes.

Comment

LOL...we're still in a drought....been having one for a year and 1/2. It used to rain almost daily but that was 50 years ago. This year has been record dry and hot...but rain is still the 1st thing people from somewhere else still think. Our climate is very close to that of San Fransisco now. We get less rainfall normally than New York and South Florida gets 50% more. But in in the last few years we have had very little and it's not expected to change...in fact it's predicted to keep getting dryer and hotter here.

The vibe is very young...modern and International. The entire landscape and culture of the city has completely been redone in the last decade or 2 so it's all very new...pristine and modern and still has the natural beauty of the ocean and mountains. You can ski...golf and sail all in the same day here. It's a very expensive place but still manageable without really a lot of money if you are resourceful and creative. Honestly...my life is a dream and lately I've been riding a great wave of blessings and good days and love it here.
          Great stuff! Trying to leave Montreal since politics and taxes are ridiculous here. Will have to give the west coast a try. Montreal is a good party city, but been there done that. I am looking for something else that Montreal cant offer.

Comment

Originally posted by king4oranges View Post
            How do you all view toronto? right now we got some of the best entartaines in the world( Drake, weeknd and JB) and we also got the "the pimp" fighting in our city.

Comment

Originally posted by king4oranges View Post
              How do you all view toronto? right now we got some of the best entartaines in the world( Drake, weeknd and JB) and we also got the "the pimp" fighting in our city.
              Never heard of them.

Comment

Yeah...it's colder than TO and yes TO is too cold as well. Most French Canadians can't even understand proper French yet alone English.
                Vancouver beats the hell of both Montreal and Toronto on every level.
                I'd love to visit Montreal but this is seriously my main problem with that town. They speak hacked up pathetic French and act like its appropriate. Just try to get through five minutes of any Xavier Dolan film. It's brutal.

Why even bother speaking French if you can't do it properly. It's mind boggling to say the least.

Comment

lol. that live to work quote is interesting. so montreal is more laid back than toronto?

Montreal is a very laid back city. Great restaurants, great bars and great people. The women especially. And when you look at a hot babe here she doesn't look back as if you are assaulting her. Our lovely ladies love to be appreciated.

Of course, summer is the best time with all the festivals going on, and the Grand Prix of course which is a world wide attraction. And don't worry about having to speak French. While the laws here are xenophobic as hell, they apply to those who live here, not to visitors. You will have no trouble speaking English only in restaurants, bars, hotels, shops, just about anywhere. Sure there are the language lunatics around but they are easy to ignore in day to day living.

The only thing that may cause problems is our sign laws which prohibit any language other than French on public signs. But most smart phones today can translate any sign for you back into English. Like they always say... there's an app for that! LOL

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                  I'd love to visit Montreal but this is seriously my main problem with that town. They speak hacked up pathetic French and act like its appropriate. Just try to get through five minutes of any Xavier Dolan film. It's brutal.

Why even bother speaking French if you can't do it properly. It's mind boggling to say the least.
                  And most Americans cannot speak English properly, or write it properly for that matter. If you have problems with the French spoken in Quebec, I suggest that you never, ever visit New Orleans.

And like I explained above, you do not have to speak or understand French at all to have a great time here in Montreal. It is one of the most multilingual cities in the world and you will have no trouble at all being served in English. But you will find that if you make an effort to speak French to a French speaking lady here, that you will be rewarded with a huge smile and get her attention immediately for having the balls to try!

Comment

Yeah...it's colder than TO and yes TO is too cold as well. Most French Canadians can't even understand proper French yet alone English.
                    Vancouver beats the hell of both Montreal and Toronto on every level.
                    Vancouver? Are you nuts? The average house there is like 1.2 million dollars....about triple the price you could get for the same house in Toronto and probably four times elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      Montreal is much better than Toronto. All the good looking women in Toronto are Montreal rejects. And Montreal has a real hockey team, The Habs, not the Maple Leaf.

The main problem with Toronto is that it wants to be New York City. Toronto wants to be American. Here in Montreal we always say that in Toronto, they live to work while in Montreal, we work to live! We enjoy life here, we enjoy going out and partying, we enjoy our festivals - Comedy and Jazz are the best in the world! And we love our Grand Prix!! And we enjoy some of the most naturally beautiful women in the world.

And we would never try to brag about such mediocre artists as Drake and Justin Bieber. PLEASE! As for Stevenson... Toronto can feel free to keep him there.
                      Montrealers are rude, especially to english speakers. Last time I had been there the experience wasn't great. The city has a nice old charm to it, but the people are snobby.

Comment

Working...
                      X