Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does shaking your head no while getting hit sway the judges?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
    I remember that ! Miranda was notorious for the macho antics, and he paid for it there!
    Lmao good one bud

Comment

Uh, NO it's the macho game, to get a psychological edge over your opponent, like he's fighting Godzilla .

It has other uses, as a boxer can play possum after he's REALLY been hurt. The toughguy act can throw an opponent off, and buy some time to recover. Sometimes a boxer will try that head shaking invulnerable act, while his unsteady legs are telling a different story

Some guys have shaken their head, and got knocked out on the NEXT punch ! So it can hilariously backfire!
      Idk if that's the case with Broner you can hear him in some fights say "You cant hit me" after he shakes his head.

Comment

Anytime you need to*» acknowledge «* you getting hit
        In my eyes your guilty as fugh
        There’s no swaying , no nothing
        You just made it clear something bothered you
        If anything the blind fughin mice who scoring the fight will lean on that fighter (whether they saw or not )
        Just cause he reacted that way
        Of course jmfo

Comment

It's usually an ego response. Guy take a hard shot and his response is, "Fuk you". That's why the "no no".
          If anything, it tells you a guy got caught with something hard enough to get a response so it's not fooling the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            It's usually an ego response. Guy take a hard shot and his response is, "Fuk you". That's why the "no no".
            If anything, it tells you a guy got caught with something hard enough to get a response so it's not fooling the judges.
            Exactly my point
            If they didn’t now , they sure do now

Comment

It sways "OBJECTIVE" fans, to say their guy won, because of a flurry of shots to the forearms and elbows while an opponent is on the ropes. 100% of pac fans agree. You hear them go crazy

Comment

depends on the judge I'd assume. To me whenever I've seen it, it always just seems like posturing while also admitting you just got rocked in the face. I'd rather completely no sell a punch. Triple G is an example of this I believe, instead of just shaking his head, he just looks into his opponents eyes. I would find that way more intimidating, and as a judge it wouldn't be admitting to being rocked.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                  It sways "OBJECTIVE" fans, to say their guy won, because of a flurry of shots to the forearms and elbows while an opponent is on the ropes. 100% of pac fans agree. You hear them go crazy

Comment

Uh, NO it's the macho game, to get a psychological edge over your opponent, like he's fighting Godzilla .

It has other uses, as a boxer can play possum after he's REALLY been hurt. The toughguy act can throw an opponent off, and buy some time to recover. Sometimes a boxer will try that head shaking invulnerable act, while his unsteady legs are telling a different story

Some guys have shaken their head, and got knocked out on the NEXT punch ! So it can hilariously backfire!
                    Yeah that's pretty much it.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                      Biggest example that comes to mind is Bute vs Miranda

If Miranda had a chin to go with that power, he would have been GGG before GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X