No announcement yet.

Who should be next for Munguia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
    He's also sign with Golden Boy. Probably will be in cali.
    Why would he sign with Golden boy? Beltran works closely with Arum, so when the time comes, signing with Top Rank would be the logical move to make......

Comment

Brook, or Jermell. He has been KOing guys in Mexico since he was 16 years old. Has won 29 straight with 25 KOs. He is ready for any boxer his weight.

Comment

If Trout beats Jemell then Trout would be a good opponent for him as well. He was willing to fight GGG and no 154 pounder is as dangerous as GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
          That fight makes no sense for Munguia who is fighting at 154 pounds. Lemieux fights at 160 pounds. Why would they put Munguia who just won the WBO belt at 154 in a fight with Lemieux at 160. Sure Munguia may very well beat Lemieux at 160 but why would they risk it when he just won at 154 and hasn't fought at 160. Lemieux can't box for s hit but he hits really hard and goes up to like 176 on fight night. Munguia is not a slick boxer, I would pick Munguia to win that fight but why would they risk a fight at 160 when they just won the WBO belt at 154. That's what I'm saying.

We know they are just going to focus on 154 right now, so bringing up a fighter from 160 makes no sense right now at this point.

As far as Cotto and Ali. Cotto was in his very last fight, 37 years old, his body literally broke down in that fight from all the wear and tear in his long career and tore his biceps in his left arm in round 7.

Yeah it was a close back and forth fight for the initial 7, 8 rounds but.....

If Cotto did not tear his biceps in his left arm, he would have beat Sadam Ali by decision. Absolutely.
          Oh I agree, I was just saying that he's a big JMW and would probably beat him. The kid needs to take care of business at 154 before moving up. He's 21 years old for pete's sake.

Comment

A role in the movie The Hills Have Eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              I think Munguia won the title too early.I don't see him beating the other champs at 154 and there's a few other guys in the top 10 that could beat him as well. I'd say he needs to be brought up more, and maybe a unification next year.
              Yeah, they should take it easy with him. Give him someone like Michael Soro next.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                Oh I agree, I was just saying that he's a big JMW and would probably beat him. The kid needs to take care of business at 154 before moving up. He's 21 years old for pete's sake.

Yeah, at this point in their careers I likely would take Munguia beating Lemieux too. Though I doubt his handlers would risk finding that out for no good reason when Munguia has never fought at 160 and Lemieux can barely make 160, he has to kill himself to make 160. Besides that, yes Lemieux sucks at boxing but the man does punch really hard. I still would pick Munguia to win though, he's the younger, fresher guy.

But yes, I agree with you, Munguia and his young self has to take care of business at 154 first. He just recently moved up to 154 not too long ago.

Comment

Yeah, at this point in their careers I likely would take Munguia beating Lemieux too. Though I doubt his handlers would risk finding that out for no good reason when Munguia has never fought at 160 and Lemieux can barely make 160, he has to kill himself to make 160. Besides that, yes Lemieux sucks at boxing but the man does punch really hard. I still would pick Munguia to win though, he's the younger, fresher guy.

But yes, I agree with you, Munguia and his young self has to take care of business at 154 first. He just recently moved up to 154 not too long ago.
                  True that.....lol

Comment

Liam Smith should be next. He needs to fight another fight or two before challenging the top guys Charlo and Hurd.

Time will tell if he's the goods or not.
                    Agreed, that’s probably the best way to move him forward.

Comment

Let him fight B level Smith first. In the mean time Charlo can fight Hurd with winner fighting Mungia on Cinco de Mayo weekend

Comment

Working...
                      X