Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berchelt: Now What Follows Is Expected Fight Against Valdez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berchelt: Now What Follows Is Expected Fight Against Valdez

Getting in some rounds during a general downtime for the sport was the primary goal for Miguel Berchelt's latest ring adventure before moving onto bigger business. It meant fighting in front of a crowdless venue, which the defending 130-pound titlist from Merida, Mexico took in stride as he stopped countryman Eleazar Valenzuela in the 6th round of their lightweight non-title fight on June 27 in Mexico City. By his own admission, it wasn't Berchelt's best performance but simply enough to get out of the way his first fight of 2020 and now focus on the matchup he's long craved.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting matchup, I will go Berchelt in this one (provided Oscar defeats Velez). I feel like Valdez can get hit a bit too much and I'm not sure he has faced anyone near as dangerous or complete as Miguel.

Comment

Hopefully Valdez gets through Velez without any injuries, so the Berchelt fight can be scheduled for this fall. I'd also like to see Top Rank have Stevenson fight a solid veteran like Cancio, Alvarado, or Roman this fall then have him fight the winner of Berchelt vs Valdez early next year

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
        Interesting matchup, I will go Berchelt in this one (provided Oscar defeats Velez). I feel like Valdez can get hit a bit too much and I'm not sure he has faced anyone near as dangerous or complete as Miguel.
        Yes, I'm with you there, and also think Valdez maybe too small.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone27 View Post
          I'd also like to see Top Rank have Stevenson fight a solid veteran like Cancio, Alvarado, or Roman this fall then have him fight the winner of Berchelt vs Valdez early next year
          Out of those, I'd probably go Roman but Alvarado not far behind. Cancio needs to show something after that incredibly disappointing performance against Alvarado.

Comment

Why is this guy so hard up to fight Valdez who has no title at 130, was never a big star with mexican boxing fans like Santa Cruz or Mares, and took so much punishment at 126 he switched trainers in an attempt to learn defense. Berchelt walks through Valdez.

Comment

Working...
            X