Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whyte says he's received an offer to fight AJ for less than he made fighting Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this ridiculous?

Against Chisora, Whyte was a strong A side in a major PPV headline fight. I don't how the money was split for that one, but around 70/30 in Whyte's favour would be my guess.

Against AJ he would be getting a voluntary shot at 3 world title belts against maybe the strongest A side in the game.

Parker got a little over 30% of the money for his unification with AJ, and AJ now has 3 belts, so how big of a slice was Dillian expecting?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Why is this ridiculous?

Against Chisora, Whyte was a strong A side in a major PPV headline fight. I don't how the money was split for that one, but around 70/30 in Whyte's favour would be my guess.

Against AJ he would be getting a voluntary shot at 3 world title belts against maybe the strongest A side in the game.

Parker got a little over 30% of the money for his unification with AJ, and AJ now has 3 belts, so how big of a slice was Dillian expecting?

Wouldn't GGG make more as the B side for a Canelo fight than he would make as the A side against anybody else?

Same logic applies here.

Whyte should make more against the "cash cow" joshua than he made against chisora. Simple Mathematics.

That's like floyd making more money against Judah as the A side than he would make against the "cash cow" de la hoya as the B side.

Makes no sense at all
      Last edited by bluebeam; 01-11-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Why is this ridiculous?

Well my guess is he is expecting more than what he made in the Chisora fight

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
          Wouldn't GGG make more as the B side against Canelo than he would make as the A side against anybody else?

Same logic applies here.
          He most likely will make more, i'd guess he's talking about the guarantee.

Comment

Earn with Hearn

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Earn with Hearn
              Too right. Whyte is among the best paid fighters out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                He most likely will make more, i'd guess he's talking about the guarantee.

His guarantee should be a career high as well.

Eddie been talking about this rematch since September.

Pay the man. #Dazngotbillionsdoe
                Last edited by bluebeam; 01-11-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't GGG make more as the B side for a Canelo fight than he would make as the A side against anybody else?

Same logic applies here.

Whyte should make more against the "cash cow" joshua than he made against chisora. Simple Mathematics.

That's like floyd making more money against Judah as the A side than he would make against the "cash cow" de la hoya as the B side.

Makes no sense at all
                  The situations are completely different.

Canelo was the A side against GGG, but Golovkin was the 3 belt world champion, and one of those belts was handed to him by Canelo in pretty humiliating circumstances.

Floyd was also the B side, but he was an undefeated, 4 division world champ going up against Oscar in one of the biggest fights in boxing history.

Dillian is a PPV headliner in his own right and has a lot of fans in the UK, but he has never won a world title and has already been KO'd by AJ.

AJ vs Whyte would be a big fight here in the UK, but nowhere else, and AJ doesn't need Dillian to make big fights and big money in his own backyard.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 01-11-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Well my guess is he is expecting more than what he made in the Chisora fight
                    No doubt, but he wasn't getting a shot at 3 world title belts against Chisora!

I guess you could say that, financially, Whyte vs Chisora punched way above its weight, for what it was.

Comment

Possibly, because more people think he beat Canelo in both their fights than vice versa, but it depends on how much DAZN would be willing to pay him, and whether Canelo is willing to fight him again.
                      Last edited by kafkod; 01-11-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X