Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN's offer to Wilder was 'training camp money to Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and deontay wilder is NOT Flyd ayweather.

No point here at all

Comment

Haymon track record is PROVEN when it comes to making clients money regardless if it is the Music Industry and Concerts or Boxing...Listen to the guy that has DONE IT ALREADY and not to the people who never done it before but only hope to duplicate what Haymon has already done...

How can you run around telling people "I'm Going To Make You All Of This Money" when you haven't been able to make a ton of money for YOURSELF! Most of these Promoters NEED these fighters to keep the lights on, Haymon doesn't he already made his money selling Half of his Company to Live Nation and he is still making Money off of that.

Fighters better smart and do their RESEARCH on these people trying to get into boxing and don't be like us Gullible fans and just fall for any promise or new companies looking to make a fast buck and cash out, that comes along throwing around big money. Roc Nation was doing the same thing...where they at right now?
      Last edited by sicko; 03-19-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

floyd got them Louis Vuitton speedbags and shit

Comment

I wonder if Haymon is gonna blacklist DiBella for trying to steer Wilder to DAZN. I guess we'll see if DiBella is promoting Wilder-Breazeale.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
            Well, I see Wilder working.

DAZN is trying to lock him in before they have ANY assurances from AJ that the fights will actually happen.

The money was undoubtedly there.

The definite fights with AJ, not so much.

And yeah, the tell was they had no figure for what AJ would make.

They had no figure, because they had no agreement.

Smart move by Wilder.

Hopefully, DAZN can come back with AJ's or Hearn's signature on something.

Then we will see.

Think for a minute.

The funny thing about this is the assumption from some that this is Wilder's value we're talking about. Wilder isn't worth anything close to what they offered, but the only way those figures can possibly work is if AJ is on the other side of the ring. They can't put his name on the contract I believe, but they wouldn't offer it if they couldn't secure it.

It even looks quite obvious what AJ would be getting. If they're offering Wilder 40 then AJ will have to be getting 60. So 100m to Wilder, 150m to AJ for the three respective fights would be my guess. They aren't going to tell Wilder's team though, why on earth would they? So they can start crying about 50/50 as an excuse to turn down 100m?

Comment

But that offer was to wilder and not floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                Think for a minute.

The funny thing about this is the assumption from some that this is Wilder's value we're talking about. Wilder isn't worth anything close to what they offered, but the only way those figures can possibly work is if AJ is on the other side of the ring. They can't put his name on the contract I believe, but they wouldn't offer it if they couldn't secure it.

It even looks quite obvious what AJ would be getting. If they're offering Wilder 40 then AJ will have to be getting 60. So 100m to Wilder, 150m to AJ for the three respective fights would be my guess. They aren't going to tell Wilder's team though, why on earth would they? So they can start crying about 50/50 as an excuse to turn down 100m?
                Why don't you think a minute.

This is extremely odd, even for boxing.

What contract have you ever seen where the financials of all parties are not disclosed?

And no, they have every right not to take it on faith that AJ will consent, especially given past negotiations.

My guess is when they actually have something in writing, they'll try Wilder again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  I wonder if Haymon is gonna blacklist DiBella for trying to steer Wilder to DAZN. I guess we'll see if DiBella is promoting Wilder-Breazeale.
                  Why would he blacklist him for trying to get Wilder, himself, and Haymon paid?

It's clear that, at least before the details, they were interested in the offer.

Why else would Wilder tweet that him leaving is "just temporary" and that he is still down with Showtime?

They would have accepted an offer that made more sense to them.

This one did not.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                    Why would he blacklist him for trying to get Wilder, himself, and Haymon paid?

It's clear that, at least before the details, they were interested in the offer.

Why else would Wilder tweet that him leaving is "just temporary" and that he is still down with Showtime?

They would have accepted an offer that made more sense to them.

This one did not.

Reading the article, it doesn't sound like Al was very appreciative. Sounded more like a nuisance. Like I said, we'll see. BoxRec lists DiBella as the promoter for Wilder-Breazeale so it's probably nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                      yeah it's a fun quote but only Mayweather in boxing history made that kinda money, everybody wants to be like mayweather but there was only one Money mayweather,and Wilder ain't Floyd
                      Canelo, AJ not too far off

Comment

Working...
                      X