Sources: Wilder rejects 100 million DAZN offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
    If true it proves Wilder is ducking AJ
    I don't believe that, I just think the guys around him have too much control. It's been like that all along, the reality is Finkel's and Haymons ego's have tanked the fight thus far, as well as Hearns mouth.

Comment

Someone on here mentioned earlier something similar to this, the poster said the fact that Team Wilder have called a presser for Tuesday shows they aren’t taking the DAZN offer, because there is no way they would have reach a deal, go over the details and sign contracts for that fight to be announced on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Someone on here mentioned earlier something similar to this, the poster said the fact that Team Wilder have called a presser for Tuesday shows they aren’t taking the DAZN offer, because there is no way they would have reach a deal, go over the details and sign contracts for that fight to be announced on Tuesday.
        that's an absurd thing to say though, sometimes things move at a snails pace, sometimes they are glacial.

Pretty sure the GGG/Canelo rematch went from Oscar being fed up with GGG's team, to Canelo having a different fight lined up, to the rematch happening, to a press conference all in 48 hours (but the fighters weren't there because they wouldn't meet up until the fight or some BS)

I didn't know there was a presser called for Tuesday, but you don't call a presser to announce nothing unless you're Frank Warren.

Comment

If he’s not getting more money he’s stupid. I’d take that 100M and run for the hills

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            that's an absurd thing to say though, sometimes things move at a snails pace, sometimes they are glacial.

Pretty sure the GGG/Canelo rematch went from Oscar being fed up with GGG's team, to Canelo having a different fight lined up, to the rematch happening, to a press conference all in 48 hours (but the fighters weren't there because they wouldn't meet up until the fight or some BS)

I didn't know there was a presser called for Tuesday, but you don't call a presser to announce nothing unless you're Frank Warren.
            From what have heard the presser was to announce the Breazeale fight. So let’s see when Tuesday comes.

Comment

Even I can't believe this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                From what have heard the presser was to announce the Breazeale fight. So let’s see when Tuesday comes.
                well, here's hoping. I want Wilder/Joshua to happen as much as you do.

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                Even I can't believe this is true.
                His sources are "rumours online" which basically means someone on a message board. Seems legit to me lmao

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  well, here's hoping. I want Wilder/Joshua to happen as much as you do.

I really hope am wrong but I really don’t think they want the Joshua fight. If that fight ever happens it has to be on showtime PPV where Team Wilder would feel they have control. You would have to shoot Wilder to priced that belt off him lol.. He cannot take that belt out of PBC. But that’s my take/opinion, I really really hope am 100 percent wrong here. But everything him and his team have done up to this point has proven to me that they don’t want that fight.

Comment

IF this is true, Wilder might think he can negotiate for even more money after thrashing Breazeale on ppv. Him being a free agent allows him to negotiate more for each fight as long as he's winning.

Comment

AFAIK, this is just because of the press release regarding his upcoming fight with breazeale.

multiple reputable figures on twitter in the boxing world say that it featured no denotation of PBC, merely that the contact on the release was the guy from PBC, but that it had been released by swanson who as far as im aware has looked after deontay for a long long time in terms of publicist work.

the only promotional outfit mentioned was deontays own bombzquad promotions, which in my eyes would make it seem likely to accept the DAZN offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X