Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 TMT Fighters Pull Out OF Tommorow Card! MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS FALLING APART?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is top 3 ATG if not the top imo, but he should get out of all this promotion stuff and live the quiet life, maybe be a trainer or something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      Floyd is top 3 ATG if not the top imo, but he should get out of all this promotion stuff and live the quiet life, maybe be a trainer or something else.
      if you think floyd being a promotor is bad, floyd as a trainer will be 10x worst.

if you want him to live the quite life, he needs to stay out of boxing. go invest some of that money into something else.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
        nope they were all scheduled to be on tommorow bouncetv card.
        He asked when the Jack-Stevenson fight was

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Great f.ucking rebuttal

Get what your saying 100%, sh.it was $

can’t disagree with anything you wrote with the exception that Tank popularity and is in the position he’s in strictly Because he got Co-signed By Floyd. Without that he’s still probably unknown and unheard of. No 2 time Champ , No Showtime dates , No social media following , No hanging out with Drake , Broner or J Prince. He’d be just another talented unknown boxer living in the Baltimore Ghetto
          Oh yea yea I wasn't trying to say that. Tank never having being promoted by Floyd on May 11, 2018 isn't even anywhere near a title shot yet I imagine & he might've had 15% more followers then the day before Floyd signed him from then to now if Floyd hadn't picked him up.

But I do think Tank has done a solid job at building himself via social media since he got picked up by Floyd & that has nothing or lil to do with Floyd at some point.

Your right you can’t change people even if you hold the keys to success and you try and help
          Someone out if they don’t have the drive ,determination,ability to sacrifice, will power , respect for advice from someone’s who’s done it before there’s nothing that can be done.

If they don’t want to listen they won’t and any critiques of their behaviour most likely end with that person having resentment towards the person giving the advice ( which is obviously the case here )
          See I'm definitely with what you are saying here overall, but I think there are more than one path to success in this game. And I personally don't believe if everyone trained like Floyd they'd be better for it. Some people can't do that spartan lifestyle. Some people might want a drink every now & again. Some people just aren't gonna love boxing like Floyd loves boxing & training like Floyd would likely make them hate boxing.

I think its a solid assumption Tank is that type of guy who's highly skilled in boxing, loves it to some degree, but isn't in love with it while still knowing his path to success in life likely comes via his boxing career which if that comes to be he'll be able to work more successes off of that success in boxing.

Personally with all the seriousness around Tank with his potential I think Tank probably needs a real friend more than a guy advising him on what to say on social media or where to setup his training camps & other sh^t like that. He's a young dude who's been thrust into the limelight. Not to say you should feel bad for the guy for that lol, but lotsa times its a burden to get what you asked for before you are ready for it. And I think its possible Tank isn't ready for it or he's questioning if he's ready for it &/or having some conflict with his new realities/day to day life with how this whole thing works.

You need to let people be who they are and fail buts it’s probably harder to do when you have a large financial investment in someone like Mayweather has with Tank
          I definitely agree with that, but you can't ignore the personal element to it all.

I used to play poker & I had a side gig that become a huger gig where I invested money on behalf of this cat with some money. And doing that I usually had a roster of 20-40 guys I'd be dealing with. These are guys we had an investment in. But they are f#cking people to. And they got ups & downs. And I often had some heartfelt & motivational conversations with these dudes more than strategic poker discussions with them cuz the harder plight for these guys is the day to day & just keeping your sanity end of it which can have no mercy for you & can reflect itself in your daily performance.

Thats why I mentioned the friend angle more than mentor angle eariler. A mentor is great, but sometimes you need a friend to & sometimes if that mentor isn't letting you fail enough or tries to guilt trip or pressure you into making the moves he wants you to make, as I feel Floyd does, I think thats not being a great mentor for a guy either. Sometimes you gotta let you're apprentice take an L to learn the greater lesson & I don't think Floyd is doing that for Tank & maybe Tank specifically cuz he sees so much potential in Tank.
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-11-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Oh yea yea I wasn't trying to say that. Tank never having being promoted by Floyd on May 11, 2018 isn't even anywhere near a title shot yet I imagine & he might've had 15% more followers then the day before Floyd signed him from then to now if Floyd hadn't picked him up.

But I do think Tank has done a solid job at building himself via social media since he got picked up by Floyd & that has nothing or lil to do with Floyd at some point.

See I'm definitely with what you are saying here overall, but I think there are more than one path to success in this game. And I personally don't believe if everyone trained like Floyd they'd be better for it. Some people can't do that spartan lifestyle. Some people might want a drink every now & again. Some people just aren't gonna love boxing like Floyd loves boxing & training like Floyd would likely make them hate boxing.

I think its a solid assumption Tank is that type of guy who's highly skilled in boxing, loves it to some degree, but isn't in love with it while still knowing his path to success in life likely comes via his boxing career which if that comes to be he'll be able to work more successes off of that success in boxing.

Personally with all the seriousness around Tank with his potential I think Tank probably needs a real friend more than a guy advising him on what to say on social media or where to setup his training camps & other sh^t like that. He's a young dude who's been thrust into the limelight. Not to say you should feel bad for the guy for that lol, but lotsa times its a burden to get what you asked for before you are ready for it. And I think its possible Tank isn't ready for it or he's questioning if he's ready for it &/or having some conflict with his new realities/day to day life with how this whole thing works.

I definitely agree with that, but you can't ignore the personal element to it all.

I used to play poker & I had a side gig that become a huger gig where I invested money on behalf of this cat with some money. And doing that I usually had a roster of 20-40 guys I'd be dealing with. These are guys we had an investment in. But they are f#cking people to. And they got ups & downs. And I often had some heartfelt & motivational conversations with these dudes more than strategic poker discussions with them cuz the harder plight for these guys is the day to day & just keeping your sanity end of it which can have no mercy for you & can reflect itself in your daily performance.

Thats why I mentioned the friend angle more than mentor angle eariler. A mentor is great, but sometimes you need a friend to & sometimes if that mentor isn't letting you fail enough or tries to guilt trip or pressure you into making the moves he wants you to make, as I feel Floyd does, I think thats not being a great mentor for a guy either. Sometimes you gotta let you're apprentice take an L to learn the greater lesson & I don't think Floyd is doing that for Tank & maybe Tank specifically cuz he sees so much potential in Tank.
            As usual solid post and great opinion

I agree with you Tank done a great job since being put on by Floyd in the ring and outside of it. He’s a monster in it and seems like a real dude outside of it. To me He’s like a Compact Mike Tyson in and out of the ring people will gravitate towards that

I also agree not Everyone’s built to live that Spartan lifestyle but From a outsiders perspective I tend To agree with people that say to reach the top in boxing it’s a lifestyle not a job and from what I’ve seen Tanks not living that lifestyle

Tank may not love boxing but I don’t give a f.uck look at any top tier elite athlete( Floyd , Kobe, Lebron, Brady, Tiger , Jordan , Crosby , Federer , Agassi, Ward ) 9/10 times they reached the pinnacle because not only did they have top end talent but they were willing to work harder then everyone else in their profession. Will beats skill all day everyday wanting to be the best is what matters whether you love it or not means nothing

Great point taking some one who isn’t ready , experienced or prepared for success and money is easily susceptible to the downfalls and Tank May not be ready and very well need a real friend to help Guide him but that isn’t Mayweather job

But this is where me and you see differently and from your posts it’s clear your probably a better more compassionate person then me

But as someone who’s tried to help people out and seen them fail due lack of discipline, motivation or focus. I don’t give 2 f.ucks about your feelings or problems. A mentors job is to guide you to success. You want a Friend get a dog I’m not here to hear to about your problems or emotions. What I expect of a person is the same things I expect From myself if I’m able
            To do it I expect the other person to as well . You want it or you don’t. If you want it then this is what it takes if you don’t fine but I’m not their father and I don’t have the time , patience or really the f.ucking care to hear about people personal problems and reasons and excuses why you can’t do it if we’Re in business together that comes First if your going through some real life sh.it I’ll try and be understanding but I still expect You to hold Your own

business is business and being friends isn’t a priority of mine. To me Emotions don’t play a part in business

and from a outsiders perspective Mayweather probably falls more in line with my train of thought then yours. Not saying yours isn’t the better approach it probably is from a pure human standpoint

it’s the work ethic and strive for greatness that separates good from Great

Talent is a dime a dozen if Tank isn’t prepared to be great then there’s a long line of fighters who if given the opportunity will and I’m sure if Tank self destructs once Mayweather realizes he won’t be the face of the sport he’ll just pick another talented fighter and try and groom him to be the next face of the sport and see if they have what it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              if you think floyd being a promotor is bad, floyd as a trainer will be 10x worst.

if you want him to live the quite life, he needs to stay out of boxing. go invest some of that money into something else.
              I remember seeing floyd FORCEFULLY jump into the ring in media day for boxers on mayweather promotions and injecting himself between the fighter and their trainer and give advice you can tell it was just forced and for the cameras.

Now some will say mayweather is doing it to give them some exposure with his image etc but if you ask the boxers etc who know mayweather theyre main complain is the mayweather always trying to shine over them and steal there lil flame.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
                And you wondered why Shakur Stevenson didn't sign with TMT.

Mayweather is a great fighter without a doubt but he isn't a Harvard graduate and does not have knowledge of how actual businesses are run.
                Boxing is a sport, but it's also a business.

If I was a pro fighter coming up I wouldn't sign with TMT either.
                It's hard to promote a fight when more than half the time you're out promoting yourself.

Comment

Mayweather don't have the brain cells to run a promotion company......basic truth

Comment

Working...
                  X