No announcement yet.

Let me say this one more time so ya'll can stop using it as an excuse for GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    I get what you are saying and you MAY very well be correct but what you are missing, I think, is that it doesn't make sense to go forward till those facts are in. If September can be done then it should be the number one priority for both sides. We won't know for awhile yet.
    Ok. You saw my reasons for believing Sept is off the table. What percentage do you believe Sept is still on the table and what are your reasons for believing that?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      GGG doesn't need any excuses. His last two title defenses were hard against the two best middleweights in the world and he was about to have another hard title defense against Canelo. Now he will have an easy title defense. So what? All champions make easy title defenses sometimes and no champion fighting today fights the best challenger every single title defense.Name a champion who fights his toughest challenger every title defense and I'll prove you wrong and show you he had one or more title defenses against guys who were not the best challenger. If GGG fights a weak opponent in his next fight that would be bad but I am sure he won't do that.
      He needs a damn good excuse to fight Vanes. Spike? Ok, not a great fight but understandable. Word is Canelo was gonna figt Spike in Sept win or lose the GGG rematch. Vanes?Hell no. Vanes isn't just another easy defense. He hasn't fought in 2 years. He isn't a MW. He isn't ranked by any org at MW. That is not a legitimate fight.

Comment

Been saying this for a while. There it is. It'll NEVER happen. Now, what's next?

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          yeah ive asked that question before and unsurprisingly didnt get an answer. the vast majority of champs follow a pattern of hard fight, easy fight and repeat. your lucky if someone has two hard fights in a row and then an easy one. but when its golovkin everything goes out the window, hes not even allowed an easy stand in opponent, he has to go up to 168 to fight zurdo (yes ive really read that from multiple posters)
          Keith Thurman fighting a junior welterweight coming off a loss who hasn't fought in 2 years would not be acceptable. Hell, if Hurd announced his next fight was against Vanes people would complain because Vanes hasn't fought in 2 years and he's not a top tier JMW. I'm complaining about Jermell fighting Trout. That's not a good fight imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Ok. You saw my reasons for believing Sept is off the table. What percentage do you believe Sept is still on the table and what are your reasons for believing that?

honestly have no idea but I think it is worth waiting for a ruling on Canelo's suspension. If it's 6 months from the time of the violation then September is on the table if GB says it is. Obviously if the decision by the commission is 1 year then September for the rematch is off and it's time to take care of that mandatory before taking on either Saunders, Jacobs or Charlo.

Comment

The state commission seems biased as fuck. Not a good look. When the presiding judge is clearly putting words in Canelo's mouth, telling him what to say, how can the proceedings be fair?

He's basically telling them how they would rule. Why say anything at all until the hearing is concluded? That's darn fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                The state commission seems biased as fuck. Not a good look. When the presiding judge is clearly putting words in Canelo's mouth, telling him what to say, how can the proceedings be fair?

He's basically telling them how they would rule. Why say anything at all until the hearing is concluded? That's darn fishy.
                He's saying the standard is one year. But he's signaling to Canelo he can get less than the standard. Canelo should be grateful for the heads up. But he can't even by bothered to show up to the hearing

Comment

Anyone who hasn't learned in recent weeks that maybe things have changed a bit with commissions & PED sh^t will be taken more serious in NV is potentially locked in to look stupid if they are feeling like a Sept. Canelo vs GGG II fight is all but a guaranteed fight right now as we speak. That could happen, but I feel its far from the most expected outcomes.

I think its very likey Canelo gets 9-12mos & the rematch will get pushed back to May 2019 BEST CASE. I also agree with MCC that it very well could be we NEVER see the rematch.

I feel if GGG loses a fight between now & Canelo's return then Canelo might just be able to bypass Canelo completely moving forward. Should be interesting to watch either way, but I definitely don't think anything is a definite to happen right now.

Comment

I still say he should fight sergey. Eventually he will need to and now sergey has only 1-2 weeks to train as opposed to a full camp.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                      I still say he should fight sergey. Eventually he will need to and now sergey has only 1-2 weeks to train as opposed to a full camp.
                      Who is going to pay him?

Comment

Working...
                      X