Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reporter kicked out of Canelo-Jr press conference for asking Ring editor about emails

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    It's insulting to call the guy a "REPORTER."

A guy who starts up a Youtube channel, has zero education above the high school level and/or job resume to be a sports reporter, should never even have a media credential.

In no other sport do you see guys like this even allowed to get a media credential to do anything.

Even the UFC has a better handle on things and rejects these types.
    Fred has a degree in journalism and he's an emmy award winning director. He's not just some random guy that started a youtube channel.

I don't understand people problem with youtube boxing channels. These guys aren't journalist. They're commentators like Skip Bayless, Sean Hannity, and Tony Kornheiser. While major papers were cutting back their boxing coverage or cutting it all together, guys like Seckbach, 78Sports, Karceno, and Dontae were spending their own money covering boxing because they love the sport and they're the pioneers for one of the biggest youtube communities on the site. I gotta go 3 tabs deep to find boxing on ESPN and Sports Illustrated websites.

They all have their biases just like the traditional boxing media has their biases. Steve Kim, the editor for this site, makes his bias against PBC known

He even thinks it's a good thing every time an Al Haymon fighter loses it's good for the sport. Is he a real journalist because he has a BWAA card?

Or Ivan Goldman. Putting out a fake story about the California commission investigating Haymon for venue blocking. Everybody ran with the story. It took me 2 minutes to email the CSAC and ask them if there was an investigation. The CSAC is a public committee. They have to have records for all meetings and investigations. They emailed me back the next day.

But he has a BWAA card so he's a real journalist.

You've got a boxing writer working as a consultant for HBO boxing while still covering the sport and their competitiors. At least Frank Rich had enough integrity and journalism ethics to stop covering HBO, Time Warner, and their competitors when HBO bought him off.

You got boxing writers cozying up to promoters at their homes and the next day releasing negative stories about the promoters rival.

Boxing writers should be the last people to call anyone out on journalism ethics.

Comment

Damn motor city laying the smack down

Comment

The editor from Ring answered the question and was telling the truth, the racist reporter in question was fired by Ring and from what I can tell was HIRED by f*ghtnews, and posted at least a few stories there this week alone. Why continue to answer questions about a reporter who not only works for another outlet, but the emails took place YEARS ago!
        I said the Ring guy handled things if you read my remarks.

What I'm saying is I still think GBP has questions to answer, like this Youtube dummy was saying he was planning on doing before he got the boot, as to why their employee, GBP's PR guy, Ramiro Gonzalez, is conversing & damn near scheming & certainly encouraging an alleged racist dipsh^t repeatedly in emails where this guy is talking about n$ggers & black hitlers.

If Ramiro has been fired by GBP fair enough, if Oscar has commented on it fair enough. I just haven't seen or heard anything myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Fred has a degree in journalism and he's an emmy award winning director. He's not just some random guy that started a youtube channel.

I don't understand people problem with youtube boxing channels. These guys aren't journalist. They're commentators like Skip Bayless, Sean Hannity, and Tony Kornheiser. While major papers were cutting back their boxing coverage or cutting it all together, guys like Seckbach, 78Sports, Karceno, and Dontae were spending their own money covering boxing because they love the sport and they're the pioneers for one of the biggest youtube communities on the site. I gotta go 3 tabs deep to find boxing on ESPN and Sports Illustrated websites.

They all have their biases just like the traditional boxing media has their biases. Steve Kim, the editor for this site, makes his bias against PBC known

He even thinks it's a good thing every time an Al Haymon fighter loses it's good for the sport. Is he a real journalist because he has a BWAA card?

Or Ivan Goldman. Putting out a fake story about the California commission investigating Haymon for venue blocking. Everybody ran with the story. It took me 2 minutes to email the CSAC and ask them if there was an investigation. The CSAC is a public committee. They have to have records for all meetings and investigations. They emailed me back the next day.

You've got a boxing writer working as a consultant for HBO boxing while still covering the sport and their competitiors. At least Frank Rich had enough integrity and journalism ethics to stop covering HBO, Time Warner, and their competitors when HBO bought him off.

You got boxing writers cozying up to promoters at their homes and the next day releasing negative stories about the promoters rival.

Boxing writers should be the last people to call anyone out on journalism ethics.
          Respect brother. Great post.

But I still say those Youtube guys are 98% garbage, although to go along with your point I do think most boxing writers are f#cking hacks so its not like I have a much higher opinion of them largely. I just tend to give them more respect when official fight confirmations get announced if anything.

Comment

Steve is NOT a BWAA member. Hauser is only an auxiliary member.

Nobody reads boxing insider and Goldman has been irreverent since Ring fired him.

And who the hell is Fred? What PROOF does he present of having a degree in journalism and where is the proof of being an emmy award winning director?

Do you know how many boxing writers bull**** about their credentials? Dontae claimed his graduated from UNLV - he never went there, confirmed as such. Dontae claimed he quit his day job at a real estate office to focus on his channel. Also a lie, worked at Wallmart stocking shelves.

Another popular youtube guy was working at MCDONALDS before he started his channel. It was confirmed when someone discovered his personal Youtube page.

Comment

Nobody reads boxing insider and Goldman has been irreverent since Ring fired him.

And who the hell is Fred? What PROOF does he present of having a degree in journalism and where is the proof of being an emmy award winning director?

Do you know how many boxing writers bull**** about their credentials? Dontae claimed his graduated from UNLV - he never went there, confirmed as such. Dontae claimed he quit his day job at a real estate office to focus on his channel. Also a lie, worked at Wallmart stocking shelves.

Another popular youtube guy was working at MCDONALDS before he started his channel. It was confirmed when someone discovered his personal Youtube page.
              Bwahahahahaha!

Comment

sounds like quite a few posters here........lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Respect brother. Great post.

But I still say those Youtube guys are 98% garbage, although to go along with your point I do think most boxing writers are f#cking hacks so its not like I have a much higher opinion of them largely. I just tend to give them more respect when official fight confirmations get announced if anything.
                  I agree a lot of youtubers are trash. A lot of boxing writers are trash too. I don't see a difference between the two. My point is they were keeping boxing out there while major media was pulling away from boxing. I don't watch a lot of youtube boxing channels but for the high and mighty boxing media to act like they're better than that them is a joke.

People say Seckbach is a clown but I respect his hustle. These dudes was out here doing that before you could monetize your videos on youtube.

So Walmart and Mcdonalds aren't respectable jobs? Most boxing writers work full time jobs too. My point is there isn't much difference between the youtubers and the print boxing media. The only three I trust is Idec, Donovan and Abramson. Everybody has bias. I know when I watch a youtuber their bias is on full display and they aren't acting like objective journalist.

Comment

The editor from Ring answered the question and was telling the truth, the racist reporter in question was fired by Ring and from what I can tell was HIRED by f*ghtnews, and posted at least a few stories there this week alone. Why continue to answer questions about a reporter who not only works for another outlet, but the emails took place YEARS ago!
                    He wasn't telling the truth. He said the guy only wrote one article for ring. That's a lie. He said there's a separation between ring and golden boy. That's a lie. The layoffs from Ring in 2011 came from Golden Boy. It was Oscar's decision to put Rousey on the cover. Fischer has admitted when Schaefer was with Golden Boy he made some editorial decisions. The guy lied the whole interview.

Comment

He wasn't telling the truth. He said the guy only wrote one article for ring. That's a lie. He said there's a separation between ring and golden boy. That's a lie. The layoffs from Ring in 2011 came from Golden Boy. It was Oscar's decision to put Rousey on the cover. Fischer has admitted when Schaefer was with Golden Boy he made some editorial decisions. The guy lied the whole interview.
                      The fact that they worked at Wallmart and McDonalds, and went from there to sitting on press row at major boxing events with little to no education is the point I was making - not questioning the choice of profession.

I didn't watch the interview so I dont know what was said. I'm saying the guy is no longer a writer there, which he isn't. He works for f*ghtnews.

Also, I spoke to someone who knows this guy Fred very well.

First off, the guy is banned from Golden Boy events and it has to do with an incident at Hopkins-Smith - which he was booted from as well.

It's being alleged, and I say the word alleged, that Fred was selling press credentials. And this would not be the first time this happened with a reporter. Someone who worked for Ring got fired 2 years ago for doing the same thing. And someone from Fighthype got banned for sneaking in family members and friends with press credentials.

And when I mentioned that he was an emmy winning director with a journalism degree the person I spoke to got hysterical and said "who said that bull****?"

He said Fred was a writer for Dontae's website and branched out on his own.

Comment

Working...
                      X