No announcement yet.

why is parker getting so much hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is parker getting so much hype?

am i seeing a different parker to everyone else? Has he got a twin brother? Cause from where im watching i cant see anything special about him whatsoever? He pretty much showed he was at the same level of takam. Yet takam was at the level of a substitute opponent, but parker is some real legit threat? Joshuas not packing a granite chin but does parker have much power? I havent seen it.

The guy almost lost to mr fatman andy ruiz, if ruiz won 1 more round he'd have won the fight. And many thought he deserved it anyway.

Dont be shocked if parker doesnt win a round against joshua. i know that region of the world is desperate to have an elite fighter so maybe thats where the hype is coming from but its not going to happen anytime soon. Best stick to rugby.

Fully expecting an early finish from AJ.

Comment

Nothing, just prefight hype. Fully expecting AJ to finish him.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        am i seeing a different parker to everyone else? Has he got a twin brother? Cause from where im watching i cant see anything special about him whatsoever? He pretty much showed he was at the same level of takam. Yet takam was at the level of a substitute opponent, but parker is some real legit threat? Joshuas not packing a granite chin but does parker have much power? I havent seen it.

The guy almost lost to mr fatman andy ruiz, if ruiz won 1 more round he'd have won the fight. And many thought he deserved it anyway.

Dont be shocked if parker doesnt win a round against joshua. i know that region of the world is desperate to have an elite fighter so maybe thats where the hype is coming from but its not going to happen anytime soon. Best stick to rugby.
        I mostly see people ****ting on him to be honest. I actually think he has become underrated by people here. He is a good fighter, a young fighter and has fought good competition, which will allow him to improve. Takam, Ruiz, and Hughie are all good fighters with different styles. He's probably seen more than AJ in that sense, luckily for AJ he has had good sparring, good domestic sparring.

I do give AJ the edge, I think he's taller, longer, and a better technician. But Parker is live, he is more raw, but he has handspeed, and is very fluent when he lets his hands go. He seems to have a good chin, and those attributes will get you pretty far in the heavyweight division.

Does he have much power? I think it's respectable and you can't take liberties with him. He has enough that Joshua will not be able to walk through him.

I think what Whyte, Takam and Klitschko have shown is that Joshua is vulnerable and if you hang tough with him, there can be opportunities as Anthony himself is a young fighter still gaining experience. I think Parker is more potent offensively than Whyte and Takam, so for sure he is live, you would be silly to dismiss his chances.

Comment

literally no one is hyping him. at all.

Comment

No is hyping Parker, Joshua is a 25/1 favortie

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              I mostly see people ****ting on him to be honest. I actually think he has become underrated by people here. He is a good fighter, a young fighter and has fought good competition, which will allow him to improve. Takam, Ruiz, and Hughie are all good fighters with different styles. He's probably seen more than AJ in that sense, luckily for AJ he has had good sparring, good domestic sparring.

I do give AJ the edge, I think he's taller, longer, and a better technician. But Parker is live, he is more raw, but he has handspeed, and is very fluent when he lets his hands go. He seems to have a good chin, and those attributes will get you pretty far in the heavyweight division.

Does he have much power? I think it's respectable and you can't take liberties with him. He has enough that Joshua will not be able to walk through him.

I think what Whyte, Takam and Klitschko have shown is that Joshua is vulnerable and if you hang tough with him, there can be opportunities as Anthony himself is a young fighter still gaining experience. I think Parker is more potent offensively than Whyte and Takam, so for sure he is live, you would be silly to dismiss his chances.
              Good post. You can't write off a young, unbeaten, highly motivated title holder like Parker. AJ is favourite, and rightly so, but he has vulnerabilities - predictability and suspect stamina. And this is heavyweight boxing, where anybody can hurt anybody else if they catch them clean.

Comment

I still haven't seen this guy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  I still haven't seen this guy fight.
                  You ain’t missing much.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    You ain’t missing much.
                    If I'm bored later I might check him out.

Comment

Working...
                    X