No announcement yet.

Mexico vs Puerto Rico Rivalry Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    It's a shame that they didn't. They ran over some lower class PR guys but never had a rival between them which is pretty odd.
    Historically there are not fighters from Puerto Rico that had the quality of those Mexican stars. Or only are 2 or 3.

That's the fault of the mediocrity of Puerto Rico.

Months ago Mexico left Puerto Rico with 0 champs...

They have like 8 years in bad moment.

They had a lot of local decisions and robberies in this rivalry.

Recently the Salido vs Rocky II. That was crazy.
    Last edited by Mexican_Puppet; 11-18-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      Historically there are not fighters from Puerto Rico that had the quality of those Mexican stars. Or only are 2 or 3.

That's the fault of the mediocrity of Puerto Rico.

Months ago Mexico left Puerto Rico with 0 champs...

They have like 8 years in bad moment.

They had a lot of local decisions and robberies in this rivalry.

Recently the Salido vs Rocky II. That was crazy.
      Not mediocre they have a population of less than 4m so per capita more champions and HOF fighters than any other country.

There's robberies both ways in the rivalry Margarito-Cotto I shouldn't really count. What other robberies in big fights?

Comment

What are you talking about?

Carlos ortiz was not better than Chávez, Márquez, Sánchez, Morales, Barrera, López or Oscar.

And better fighters vs better fighters México is clearly on the head.

All these stars of Puerto Rico were punished by mexicans:

-Wilfredo Gómez.

-Héctor Camacho.

-Wilfredo Benítez (huge robbery vs Palomino).

-Edwin Rosario.

-Miguel Cotto.

-Iván Calderón.

-Juan Manuel López.

-Tito Trinidad (another huge robbery vs Oscar).

Best wins of Puerto Rico are Zárate and Pintor.

And then Sánchez destroyed Gómez
        Marquez is my favorite fighter of all-time. Sanchez is my favorite from before my life.

Ortiz IMO is better than any. Do you know his career? Beat HOF and greats in their prime -Elorde X2, Laguna X2, Ramos X2, Brown and other outstanding fighters his whole career. What did Lopez beat close to that? I love Finito but come on.

Comment

Hahahaha man, you are unobjective.

How can you put JuanMa vs Rafa, a very shot and old Rafa? Following your logic put Canelo schooling Cotto.

And the Palomino vs Benítez and Tito vs Oscar were total robberies and all the objetive world knows that.

Ramos? he was cuban.

And the fight of Cotto vs Margarito II is trash, Margarito was clearly shot.

Why dont talk about the Cotto vs Canelo?

Cazares vs Calderon but not Ricardo Lopez vs Nene Sanchez? Lol

México is clearly on the head.

The only superior boxing is U.S.A.

USA and Mexico are the kings of this Sport with good difference
          Benitez-Palamino robbery? Hahahahahahahaha

Your not serious? Do you only judge fights based on the country they are from? Honestly I truly question your ability to score Boxing and I think it's only based on heritage after that.

Has a Mexican ever lost a close decision in your eyes? Chavez-LaPorte more case of a robbery than any you mentioned and i don't think that's a robbery (though I don't necessarily know if JCC won). Your probably one of the brigade that insists Chocolatito-Estrada and Cuadras were total robberies (I love Estrada but no) but you probably had Canelo clearly winning against GGG and Lara. Say no more.

Also where's my bias? I'm not From PR and most my favorites of all-time are Mexican - Marquez bros, Olivares, Sanchez, Chiquita, Zaragoza, Roman, Zarate, Finito and Estrada.

I'm confused as to why I'd be "unobjective".

You, however sound like you only root for fighters because of their heritage.
          Last edited by chrisJS; 11-18-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            That’s very true. But only because Hopkins and wright used their size advantage in a defensive fashion. They both were very conservative against Tito which coupled with their size advantage turn out to be a good strategy for them. Doing however. But they were intelligent enough to know that despite size advantage, Tito was very heavy handed. They were smart in not testing him.
            This is true. It could be argued that they were so boring that they sapped the energy out of a Trinidad fight. Haha. But yeah, the size factor was definitely at play. I believe Tito was unbeaten at 147 and 154.

Comment

This is true. It could be argued that they were so boring that they sapped the energy out of a Trinidad fight. Haha. But yeah, the size factor was definitely at play. I believe Tito was unbeaten at 147 and 154.
              Oscar won that fight vs Trinidad. Clearly

Comment

Oscar won that fight vs Trinidad. Clearly
                Eh.

He still ran like a b1tch the last three rounds.

Win, lose or draw, that's robbing the fans.

And for that, I'm glad he didn't get the nod.

Comment

USA is the the king of boxing by far. Too bad the Cuban embargo shadowed what would be the biggest rivalry in boxing. USA vs Cuba. Distance and more politics also is at fault of what would've been in a USA vs USSR rivalry

Comment

One of the best rounds of all time

Comment

Eh.

He still ran like a b1tch the last three rounds.

Win, lose or draw, that's robbing the fans.

And for that, I'm glad he didn't get the nod.
                      Oscar outboxed him and broke his ****ing nose, boxing is about 12 rounds, ignorant.

Oscar clearly was the better man that night a did the better job in 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X