Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most blatant case of referee helping out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More crying about Ward? That stoppage was spectacular.

Comment

Ward-Kovalev II
      Ward-Kessler
      Ottke-Reid

Marquez-John - two b.s point deductions with no warning to a guy with a high beltline and then each time Marquez had John buzzed the ref went to fix advertising boards.

Mares-Agbeko (I was something of a Mares fan but this had me rooting against him in the next couple of fights)

Hatton-Lazcano - I remember he got help at times he was stunned but it's perhaps not as egregious as the fights listed above
      Last edited by chrisJS; 10-06-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Anyone watching those fights objectively can see where the refs were giving him every advantage. I'm not the first one to point this out.
        every chance? cortez broke them up too quickly like two or three times.. and it made no difference since floyd was tearing hatton apart on the inside all night anyways..

the maidana fight i really dont remember anything, not just as it relates to the ref but in general.. but even if floyd got some sort of break in those fights, it clearly doesnt deserve to be mentioned here.

with fights like mares-agbeko 1, bute-andrade 1, ottke-reid, ottke-johnson.. even abraham-miranda where miranda broke his jaw with a legal blow and the ref have abraham nearly 10 minutes to recover..

if you think those mayweather fights are better examples of biased refereeing you are the one who is biased (which you clearly are).

not only that, you are being ridiculous, man..

Comment

Bute vs. Andrade 1. The infamous 20 count.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
            Admit it, you didn't get a good nights sleep until Floyd retired did you ?
            😂😂 he must be a brit, still having nightmares and flashbacks the nite Floyd shut that,"There is only one Ricky Hatton"!

Comment

Referee helping Nathan Cleverly up when Kovalev basically KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Referee helping Nathan Cleverly up when Kovalev basically KO him.
                Yeah, I remember that. Not much help though since it just meant he got beaten up a little more lol

Comment

Toney Weekes allowing Danny Garcia to low blow Matthysse several times in the fight and didn't stop the action when Lucas was caught in between the ropes and let Danny hit a defenseless fighter outside the ropes!

The ref allowing Briedis to clinch Perez everytime of nearly every sec, I mean for Christ sakes he clinched Perez in a round about it seems over 20 times and then warning Perez for trying to stop him from clinching

The ref in the Pacquiao vs Horn fight!
                  Let Horn go full blown MMA on Pacquiao without one warning and even threw Pacquiao to the ground!
                  He let Pacquiao pummel Horn in the 9th without any answers back and didn't think for a sec to stop the fight to save him from possible life threatening head trauma!

The ref in the Canelo vs GGG fight in which Bayless didn't deduct a point from Canelo for hitting GGG while in a headlock and for allowing Canelo to move so much and not let GGG hit him!

The classic will always be the ref in the Cleverly vs Kovalev fight, he literally carried him to his stool!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Yeah, I remember that. Not much help though since it just meant he got beaten up a little more lol
                    No offence to cleverly because i like him but yeah..

Comment

Reid/Ottke was the one.

Reid is did well not to chin that ref.

Comment

Working...
                      X