Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    When you look at the scores of some of these fights it seems

1 judge scores every close round to fighter A

1 judge scores every close round to fighter B

1 judge scores it honestly

That's why you often see crazy split decisions and majority decisions

I can't prove that they do that but it's something I've always wondered
    Don't know that it's intentional but judges generally lean a certain way, and favour one approach over another.

The problem is it's too subjective a sport for close fights. Not sure how you saw this one but I thought it was close, and could've gone either way. I preferred what Canelo was doing in more rounds, but I'm objective enough to see the other side.

All that being said, Byrd's card was bullshit, and I can't see a logical way of arriving there.

Comment

LOL, but this is true. There is always a judge thats seemingly in Canelo's pocket going into a fight & gives a weird scorecard vs what most fans saw + the other judges usually.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        All that being said, Byrd's card was bullshit, and I can't see a logical way of arriving there.
        100%. Whenever I see the cards for a fight I usually try to think of how they got to that conclusion, even if I ultimately disagree with their scorecard, & can typically get there or within a round of there when considering close swing rounds, but idk how you watch this fight & only give GGG 2 rounds. I thought Canelo straight gaveaway a couple of those middle rounds with long periods of inactivity so she had to have only gave GGG 2 of those middle giveaway rounds & nothing else.

Anyone got the rbr scoring btw? NM I found it. Looks like she gave GGG the 4th & 7th.

Comment

Breaking down the rounds by judge majority:

Rd 1. Canelo 3x
          Rd 2. Canelo 3x
          Rd 3. GGG 2x
          Rd 4. GGG 3x
          Rd 5. GGG 2x
          Rd 6. GGG 2x
          Rd 7. GGG 2x
          Rd 8. GGG 2x
          Rd 9. GGG 2x
          Rd 10. Canelo 3x
          Rd 11. Canelo 3x
          Rd 12. Canelo 3x

So its 7-5 GGG in judge majority, but the thing is & what made the difference is Canelo is 5-1 in undisputed rounds while there was always a judge in dispute in 6 of the 7 rounds leaning GGG's way. So Canelo winning one round of those disputed 6 rounds with 2 judges = a draw, two rounds with 2 judges = a Canelo W on those cards. And he did win that one rd on Trella's card & thats what got us the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            100%. Whenever I see the cards for a fight I usually try to think of how they got to that conclusion, even if I ultimately disagree with their scorecard, & can typically get there or within a round of there when considering close swing rounds, but idk how you watch this fight & only give GGG 2 rounds. I thought Canelo straight gaveaway a couple of those middle rounds with long periods of inactivity so she had to have only gave GGG 2 of those middle giveaway rounds & nothing else.

Anyone got the rbr scoring btw? NM I found it. Looks like she gave GGG the 4th & 7th.
            That's been my new mentality for the past couple of years. I don't score an absolute card but rather a range of reasonable scores.

In this fight, I think that range is 116-112 GGG to 115-113 for Canelo. So a draw is not out of possibility.

But 118-110 is a travesty

Comment

yeah the **** judging happens for too often and im sick and tired of it. Seems to plague pretty much every big fight that goes to the cards these days. I thought ward/kov 1 was bad, i thought horn/pacquiao was a robbery at gunpoint and im not a fan of pac at all. This decision was rotten tot the core too. There has to be some sort of agenda at play cause the media scorecards are usually relatively similar yet we get crazy inconsistencies between the supposed 'professional judges'. the worst thing is it was so inevitable a robbery was incoming when the final bell went. I think 114-114 was a bad card too, it wasnt completely one sided fight thats for sure, but when you cant make a case for a fighter winning 6 rounds i would say that is a robbery imo, im not buying this 'margin of error' bull****, when a fighter loses a round clearly but gets given it by a judge, the judge should be criticised.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Breaking down the rounds by judge majority:

Rd 1. Canelo 3x
                Rd 2. Canelo 3x
                Rd 3. GGG 2x
                Rd 4. GGG 3x
                Rd 5. GGG 2x
                Rd 6. GGG 2x
                Rd 7. GGG 2x
                Rd 8. GGG 2x
                Rd 9. GGG 2x
                Rd 10. Canelo 3x
                Rd 11. Canelo 3x
                Rd 12. Canelo 3x
                That's a smart method of totting up the scores. Is there any reason why it couldn't be implemented officially? Seems like a good way to eliminate outlier scorecards like Byrd's

Comment

Working...
                X