Anthony Weiner pleads 'Guilty' in sexting case

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Weiner pleads 'Guilty' in sexting case

And it looks like he may do prison time:

NEW YORK — Disgraced Congressman Anthony Weiner on Friday pled guilty to a charge of transmitting sexual material to a minor, part of a sexting scandal that forced him out of office.

Weiner appeared in Manhattan federal court where he agreed not to appeal any sentence between 21 and 27 months in prison.

The judge also told him he would have to register as a sex offender.

Weiner, 52, has been released on bail pending his sentencing on September 8.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has been investigating Weiner for more than a year after he was accused of sending sexually inappropriate messages to a 15-year-old girl in North Carolina.

The investigation led FBI agents to seize his laptop computer, which led to the discovery of a new cache of emails that Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton had sent to Huma Abedin, Weiner's wife.

In a statement, Acting Manhattan U.S. Attorney Joon H. Kim said in part, "Weiner’s conduct was not only reprehensible, but a federal crime, one for which he is now convicted and will be sentenced. We thank the FBI and the NYPD for their work in this investigation."

In October, just days before the election, FBI director James Comey stunned the country by announcing that his agency was reopening its closed investigation into Clinton's handling of State Department business on a private email server so it could analyze the newly discovered correspondence.

That inquiry was brief. Comey announced shortly before the election that the new emails contained nothing to change his view that Clinton could not be charged with a crime. But Clinton partly blamed her election loss to Republican Donald Trump on Comey's announcement.

Source:
    http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/new...ral-court.html

They might not give him prison time. But he'll surely have to register as a sex offender.

Is that wife of his still with him?

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      They might not give him prison time. But he'll surely have to register as a sex offender.
      Yeah, but that part he agrees to not appeal certain prison time leads me to think some is coming. Of course I may be wrong. Honest, I'm being hopeful. Screwing with kids is just wrong.

Yes, he gotta register. That's good.

Is that wife of his still with him?
      I think so, but I'm not sure.

She left him for Hillary, but after Hillary crashed and burned, I think she may be reconciling with him.

Who knows, they are all garbage. Thankfully none of them have any political power.

Comment

Hillary married to a rapist and Huma married to a pedophile. I can't think of too many things more harmful to women than rape and pedophilia, why are liberals not outraged by these despicable people?

Comment

Not that its not creepy cuz for sure its creepy, but its kinda crazy you can go to prison for ~2 years for showing someone a picture of your dick. That should be a beat down by the girls father & public scrutiny/embarrassment if anything. I mean its a picture. And this girl was probably all like "f#ck ya show me that dick pic Mr. Weiner".

Comment

How old was the minor?

And crap if you can go to prison for sexting. Oh lord...

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              How old was the minor?

Stop sending d*ck pics to Steph, he ain't gonna respond

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                Stop sending d*ck pics to Steph, he ain't gonna respond
                I even wrote MVP on it. One day he will.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  How old was the minor?

10 characters

Comment

10 characters
                    Oh. Yeah that's wrong

Comment

Working...
                    X