Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Keep Saying Pac Is Fighting The Best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do People Keep Saying Pac Is Fighting The Best?

First let me say that I like Pac as a fighter and person but I have been visiting this site for a while now and I see a lot of criticism about Floyd in comparison to Pac and their respective choice of opponents. But I dont get it. Peolpe are implying that Pac can beat/or has a chanceto beat Floyd because how he looked against his last 3 opponents. I only say the last 3 because lets be honest here, no one thought he had a chance against floyd 2 years ago. Pac has fought diaz, dlh, and hatton. All 3 of these fighters were limited fighters and none of them were the true champ of his division( except hatton but 140 has been crap since cotto and floyd left). Pac has still not fought against a fighter like floyd( jmm comes close but i think floyd is at the very least 2x better than him.)

i guess my real question is what has Pac shown in the last 2 years to make people think that he has gotten so much better that he could beat floyd? Like I said i like Pac and root for him all the time but the peolple he has fought in the last couple years will not give him what he needs to beat floyd. If anything it may hurt him. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by comanick View Post
    First let me say that I like Pac as a fighter and person but I have been visiting this site for a while now and I see a lot of criticism about Floyd in comparison to Pac and their respective choice of opponents. But I dont get it. Peolpe are implying that Pac can beat/or has a chanceto beat Floyd because how he looked against his last 3 opponents. I only say the last 3 because lets be honest here, no one thought he had a chance against floyd 2 years ago. Pac has fought diaz, dlh, and hatton. All 3 of these fighters were limited fighters and none of them were the true champ of his division( except hatton but 140 has been crap since cotto and floyd left). Pac has still not fought against a fighter like floyd( jmm comes close but i think floyd is at the very least 2x better than him.)

i guess my real question is what has Pac shown in the last 2 years to make people think that he has gotten so much better that he could beat floyd? Like I said i like Pac and root for him all the time but the peolple he has fought in the last couple years will not give him what he needs to beat floyd. If anything it may hurt him. What do you guys think?
    You sir must not have been watching the sport for very long. 2 years ago Floyd was the #1 p4p while Manny was #2 p4p. The reason noone thought Manny would beat floyd 2 years ago was because of a ridiculous size difference. While Pacquiao-Barrera2 was happening at 130lbs. Mayweather-DLH was happening at 154lbs. Thats a 4 weight division difference. You tell me who has a chance beating someone who fights 4 divsions higher.

Over the past 2 years Manny has shown ability not just to adapt to the higher weight classes, but to do so in such dominating fashion.

As far as Manny not fighting the best. His career is as follows.

112lb flyweight world title against Sasakul (#1by ring magazine and linear champ)

122lb super bantamweight title against Ledwaba (#3 in the division by ring magazine)

126lb ring featherweight title against Barrera (#1 in the division, #3 p4p)

130lb world title against Marquez (#1 in the division, linear champ, #4 p4p)

135lb title against David Diaz (#5 by ring magazine.)

140lb world title against Ricky Hatton (#1 by ring magazine, #9 p4p)

If that **** aint fighting the best....i dont know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      You sir must not have been watching the sport for very long. 2 years ago Floyd was the #1 p4p while Manny was #2 p4p. The reason noone thought Manny would beat floyd 2 years ago was because of a ridiculous size difference. While Pacquiao-Barrera2 was happening at 130lbs. Mayweather-DLH was happening at 154lbs. Thats a 4 weight division difference. You tell me who has a chance beating someone who fights 4 divsions higher.

Over the past 2 years Manny has shown ability not just to adapt to the higher weight classes, but to do so in such dominating fashion.

112lb flyweight world title against Sasakul (#1by ring magazine and linear champ)

122lb super bantamweight title against Ledwaba (#3 in the division by ring magazine)

Your winner, by first round KO, shadeyfizzle

Comment

You should have left off David Diaz, that was not fighting the best~, unless you consider Floyd fighting Gatti fighting the best.

Comment

You are so right !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

And shady didn't mention him not fighting zahir raheem once he deated morales. Or never fighting guzman. And when it come s to 135, jmm fought tougher comp than pacman!

Comment

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
              And shady didn't mention him not fighting zahir raheem once he deated morales. Or never fighting guzman. And when it come s to 135, jmm fought tougher comp than pacman!
              Raheem didn't even look impressive beating Morales, he looked boring. And please, he got knocked out in his next couple of fights. Raheem who? Is he the guy that is like a sergio mora of his weight class that gets one good win but sucks after that.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
                Raheem didn't even look impressive beating Morales, he looked boring. And please, he got knocked out in his next couple of fights. Raheem who? Is he the guy that is like a sergio mora of his weight class that gets one good win but sucks after that.
                Raheem looked real impressive in beating Morales, although toward the end he started slipping all over the place. It was not until the Frietas fight that people lost respect for Raheem~.

Comment

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
                  The man had 1 fight in the division and skipped 2 whole divisions entirely earlier in his career. So Marquez has had 2 fights with better competition in a specific weight division. Besides those last 2 fights you tell me what are the other biggest wins of Marquez's career. Without those last 2 wins Marquez's resume has been mediocre at best and been piggybacking of Paquiao's reputation because of the difficulty he gave Pacquiao.

Comment

he shoulda fought henry bruselles....

Comment

Working...
                    X