No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    This is why boxing isn't a real sport...

It's like the Green Bay packers saying "we will play New England, but without gronk"

I would have more respect for guys if they just came out and said " I'm in no rush to fight ggg, the dude will kill me"
    ^^This is right on the money. Boxing might be the only sport where the star gets all the advantages and some fans don't give a fu*k how there favorite fighter gets a win. Whatever it takes i guess, no pride in a even playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Of course they're going to drain him and if he wants that fight he is going to have to do it. What Bargaining Chips does he have? 150K PPV Buys? Tureano Johnson as his next opponent back on HBO Network?
      His leverage is his mando status. Will Canelo let down Mexico once again by dropping that belt to avoid Ggg?

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
        You could argue Canelo could easily fight at 160lbs due to weighing 172lbs fight night. Plus Golovkin never had to get to 155lbs in his career, who knows how it'll affect him?

Canelo knows this. BTW i'm not a huge fan of GGG in particular, I just want the biggest fights to me made in boxing properly.
        So in other words, Golovkin can't move up and he can't move down. That, anyone from 154 to 168 call out pretty much shrunk to only 160.

Comment

http://www.fighthype.com/news/articl...medium=twitter

So Canelo wants to dodge Golovkin for 1 or 2 more years? Grow a pair brah.
          If this is true why is Canelo fighting for a MIDDLEWEIGHT title
          Its laughable all the excuses being made NOT to fight Golovkin. Seems like a serious lack of cojones to me

Comment

Canelo needs to fight a couple of fringe middleweights before he gets in with Golovkin. I wouldn't' advise him to jump straight into that fight.

Golovkin will get his belts they'll just strip the winner neither of them want it.

Comment

http://www.fighthype.com/news/articl...medium=twitter

So Canelo wants to dodge Golovkin for 1 or 2 more years? Grow a pair brah.
              Canelo is fighting for the "Middleweight" Belt on Nov. 21. That means that should he win, he will be the Middleweight champion. Middleweight = 154-160. If he doesn't feel comfortable fighting at Middleweight then he should vacate the belt.

This catch weight nonsense is getting annoying. It's cowardly.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                His leverage is his mando status. Will Canelo let down Mexico once again by dropping that belt to avoid Ggg?
                That Belt means absolutely NOTHING to Canelo. This fight overshadows what they're fighting for. He can drop that belt, head back down to 154 and fight for that Vacant 154 WBC Strap

Hell, Canelo could lose to Cotto and I guarantee he will be fighting for a title at 154 his very next fight somehow
                Last edited by sicko; 10-22-2015, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Screw catchweights.

If you can't fight at the full weight, get the fuk out of the weightclass.

Comment

Body not ready for 160. You mean you're not ready for GGG. Man up Mexican't.

He'll vacate.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      So in other words, Golovkin can't move up and he can't move down. That, anyone from 154 to 168 call out pretty much shrunk to only 160.
                      lol got him....

Comment

Working...
                      X