No announcement yet.

Yordenis Ugas might be the best welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yordenis Ugas might be the best welterweight

In my eyes he beat Shawn Porter who just gave Errol Spence hell.

He also beat Ray Robinson more impressively than Kavaliuskas, who just gave Terence Crawford a good scrap and should have been credited with a knockdown.

Not to mention that he took Omar Figueroa's 0.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    In my eyes he beat Shawn Porter who just gave Errol Spence hell.

He also beat Ray Robinson more impressively than Kavaliuskas, who just gave Terence Crawford a good scrap and should have been credited with a knockdown.

Not to mention that he took Omar Figueroa's 0.
    I'd like to see Ugas fight Crawford.

Comment

Isn't Ugas Spence's mandatory?

Comment

On the other hand, Ugas barely beat the WW version of Dulorme and only won because of the 2 point deductions the refs handed on Dulorme (Dulorme would have won had it not been for the deduction).

Dulorme on the other hand had a hard fought battle and eventually drew with Jessie Vargas

Jessie Vargas prior to the Dulorme fight fought and arguably should have lost a close bout against Adrien Broner.

So it is safe to say that Broner is at least a top 3 WW, if not the best WW in the world base on these compelling evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
          Isn't Ugas Spence's mandatory?
          I don't believe so.

The WBA has ordered Alexander Besputin to fight Ugas for the "regular" belt.

Comment

"Took omars 0" lmfao yeah because thurman, porter, spencer, pac Crawford etc would never have been to do that.

Comment

Ugas is better than Kavaliauskas I guess, so could be that Ugas beats Crawford.

Comment

Spence is the king of the welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkaholic View Post
                  "Took omars 0" lmfao yeah because thurman, porter, spencer, pac Crawford etc would never have been to do that.
                  Agreed... Omar was new to the weight and also seemed like he was only there for the pay cheque.

Comment

I'm not seeing how any of those feats make him the best at welter, just the most overlooked perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                    X