• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    https://sweden.se/nature/the-swedish...ng-revolution/

Sweden seems to do quite well though.

https://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...-a7462976.html

Sweden were so good they imported rubbish from other countries and processed it.
    I'm sure it's a population thing.

BTW in Dem run states here in the US they charge fee when you buy the item for recycling. Problem is they're not recycling and are charging the fees. Where is that money going? The same group complaining about the waste and climate are using the funds for other things rather than figure out the issue.

I know you don't understand the politics here but people are fed up with it and thats why we have Trump.
    No one likes his delivery of a speach ECT. But he's telling you to your face and not behind your back.
    Some of us are sick of being promised many things and nothing getting done.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      Lol this thread is pretty funny at this point. Kind of like Al Gore and his Private jet and big arse home he lives in.
      lol, Greta has wealthy parents, also, and David Suzuki flies around in corporate jets constantly telling everyone we're farting out too much carbon

I'm sure it's a population thing.

BTW in Dem run states here in the US they charge fee when you buy the item for recycling. Problem is they're not recycling and are charging the fees. Where is that money going? The same group complaining about the waste and climate are using the funds for other things rather than figure out the issue.

I know you don't understand the politics here but people are fed up with it and thats why we have Trump.
      No one likes his delivery of a speach ECT. But he's telling you to your face and not behind your back.
      Some of us are sick of being promised many things and nothing getting done.
      this kind of stuff is why i doubt the whole global warming crisis, it is only used by the powerful to oppress the rest of us. we are blamed for all the CO2 and plastic and are made to pay taxes and fines while China, India, and multinational corporations are allowed to pump as much pollution into the environment as they possibly can

Comment

No, the climate change is all about burning fossil fuels.

Dump all the plastic you like in the ocean, it will kill all the marine life sure, but it won't affect the global climate.
        I get your point. But it would help the environment because killing marine life leads to our demise. Our demise saves the earths climate for sure as we won’t burn fuels or spew crap into our air.

Comment

Yes I understand, how do you make the plastic?
          Not certain but I think most of it starts with a petroleum base

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Yeah there is a lot of plastic in a Tesla but there is getting to be a lot more plastic in all cars. Ford is making their trucks with Aluminum. Aluminum takes massive amounts of energy to make. For now there is always a trade off between weight and feul efficiency. Aluminum requites 10 times the energy to make vs steel. How this energy produced and its impact on the environment is something that has to be looked at when comparing vehicles made from different materials. So saying that Tesla's have plastic parts means squat unless the total energy load to produce it vs other vehicles is looked at. So how much energy is used up making a tesla?? I'd be more concerned about the environmental impact of all the used batteries that have to be dealt with.
            Humm. Tesla’s model s is made from very thick aluminum. The frame and panels. How do you know aluminum takes more energy than steel to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
              Humm. Tesla’s model s is made from very thick aluminum. The frame and panels. How do you know aluminum takes more energy than steel to make.
              I worked in a steel mill so the topic came up at work several times. I checked on the internet and yes aluminum takes a huge amount of energy to be made initially. Much more than steel. However recycled aluminum can be used and that drastically lowers the energy required.
              Last edited by TonyGe; 12-12-2019, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post

I worked in a steel mill so the topic came up at work several times. I checked on the internet and yes aluminum takes a huge amount of energy to be made initially. Much more than steel. However recycled aluminum can be used and that drastically lowers the energy required.
                Right on...

Comment

And thus why Greta is campaigning to change that.

She has said countries should listen to what the scientist are saying, which is that that co2 emissions need to be cut by 50% by 2030
                  - -Sweetie, first step is overhauling people and their institutions and business and politics in one fell swoop that created the problem over the entire thousands of years of what passes as civilization.

What don't you admit you are not only outdated, but also everyone around you?

Sorta mass Alcholics Anonymous confession and lifestyle change.

Good luck with that!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -Sweetie, first step is overhauling people and their institutions and business and politics in one fell swoop that created the problem over the entire thousands of years of what passes as civilization.

What don't you admit you are not only outdated, but also everyone around you?

Sorta mass Alcholics Anonymous confession and lifestyle change.

Good luck with that!

Mobile phones, streaming music, media, industry gets overhauled all the time. Sadly many governments are holding back progress rather than embracing it.

It is you that are outdated. Move forward, don't stay in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      I get your point. But it would help the environment because killing marine life leads to our demise. Our demise saves the earths climate for sure as we won’t burn fuels or spew crap into our air.
                      I see pretty much zero loss from the human population due to plastic in the oceans.

Comment

Working...
                      X