Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looked like a less active version of the pre-Diaz days...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked like a less active version of the pre-Diaz days...

In my opinion, what I think we have seen the last 2 fights ( based on performance ) is our first glimpses of the post-prime Pacquiao. From what I could tell in Manny's last two bouts, was the same one-dimensional Pacquiao, that depended on that right,right,left combo in the pre-Diaz days, except he was a less active version to say the least. He looked like a shell of himself to an extent, Not to take anything away from Marquez or Mosley, but looking strictly at Manny's performance, body language, and his inability to inflict any real van- damage to his opponent. I cant help but think at how odd the last 2 fights have seemed, I cant quite put my finger on it. The Margarito fight compared to the Mosley fight it is really noticable, different opponents with different styles I understand, but Mosley should've been laid out on numerous occassions, he was there to be hit, and Pacquiao refuses to engage and then shows no urgency what so ever, ~to cut it short~.. anybody seeing this in the same light?

Leg cramps. Leg cramps...

Comment

he looked like a broken man to me, I thought he was testing the waters for the first two rds and was baffled as to why from then on he wasn't doing much. The so called manilla ice wasn't there, and from there he throws the same old combo which caught Marquez repetitively especially in their first two fights this time though Marquez read him like an open book.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
        Leg cramps. Leg cramps...
        No... he just cycled wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by whitetyson View Post
          In my opinion, what I think we have seen the last 2 fights ( based on performance ) is our first glimpses of the post-prime Pacquiao. From what I could tell in Manny's last two bouts, was the same one-dimensional Pacquiao, that depended on that right,right,left combo in the pre-Diaz days, except he was a less active version to say the least. He looked like a shell of himself to an extent, Not to take anything away from Marquez or Mosley, but looking strictly at Manny's performance, body language, and his inability to inflict any real van- damage to his opponent. I cant help but think at how odd the last 2 fights have seemed, I cant quite put my finger on it. The Margarito fight compared to the Mosley fight it is really noticable, different opponents with different styles I understand, but Mosley should've been laid out on numerous occassions, he was there to be hit, and Pacquiao refuses to engage and then shows no urgency what so ever, ~to cut it short~.. anybody seeing this in the same light?
          Less imposing and destructive. His stamina seems fine but his ability to impose his will on fighters with good hand speed and can move in a circle made him uncomfortable because they could run him into a counter. Mosley and Marquez had to have gotten his respect because he didnt come in with reckless abandon. Maybe he quit whatever it was Ariza was giving him. Dont know but totally agree he isnt the same because the level of competition isnt the same.

Comment

because the walking punch bags were unavailable these last 2 times.

Comment

Working...
            X