Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Rios Peaked at 558K Viewers, Averaged 516K on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched on Showtime DirecTV which isn't counted by Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      no goal posts are being moved. And people were criticizing their ratings.
      If I missed a discussion in this thread of people trashing ESPN's ratings, please link me so I can catch up. Thanks.

Also you never addressed HBO Latino ratings.
      Because it's you trying to move the goal posts again. The discussion was whether Showtime's public number is misleading due to them allowing so many viewing methods that aren't included while HBO blocks all of those methods.

Nielsen includes the Spanish simulcast in the publicly released number if both networks pay for Nielsen ratings. I believe HBO pays for HBO Latino, but I'm not positive. Even if they don't, Spasnish simulcasts of English sporting events are usually statistically insignificant.

That would beef up HBO’s numbers significantly.
      Hahahahhaha no it wouldn't. Hahahahahah. What dream land are you living in?

Deontay vs Stiverne’s mediocre numbers were way better than Garcia-rios
      How were Deontay's numbers mediocre if they were neck and neck for highest of the year last year? Stop making stuff up dude. This is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        If I missed a discussion in this thread of people trashing ESPN's ratings, please link me so I can catch up. Thanks.

Because it's you trying to move the goal posts again. The discussion was whether Showtime's public number is misleading due to them allowing so many viewing methods that aren't included while HBO blocks all of those methods.

Nielsen includes the Spanish simulcast in the publicly released number if both networks pay for Nielsen ratings. I believe HBO pays for HBO Latino, but I'm not positive. Even if they don't, Spasnish simulcasts of English sporting events are usually statistically insignificant.

Hahahahhaha no it wouldn't. Hahahahahah. What dream land are you living in?

How were Deontay's numbers mediocre if they were neck and neck for highest of the year last year? Stop making stuff up dude. This is getting ridiculous.
        deontays numbers weren’t neck and neck for highest. Crawford’s Loma-Rigo and pac-horn blew it out of the water. They were neck and neck with showtimes mediocre ratings.

HBO Latino numbers are significant. You are either borderline racist or just flat ignorant that Boxing fans are mostly Latino and we watch Spanish broadcasts over English broadcasts ALL THE TIME. If I’m watching the fights on hbo with my dad or my uncles u best believe we are watching hbo Latino.

I would bet my paycheck more people watch fights on HBO Latino than on the showtime app and you deep down know it’s true.

As for the showtime ratings. No matter how u slice it, 516k for danny Garcia is a weak rating. U can try to spin all u want but compared to other showtime numbers it’s still a low number.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
          I watched on Showtime DirecTV which isn't counted by Nelson.
          if this is an HBO joke and not a typo, that is brilliant

Comment

deontays numbers weren’t neck and neck for highest. Crawford’s Loma-Rigo and pac-horn blew it out of the water. They were neck and neck with showtimes mediocre ratings.
            Obviously I was referring to Showtime dude. Stop playing dumb. Do you want to have a productive adult conversation or do you want to keep falling back on your troll tactics?

You have no idea if Showtime's ratings are mediocre or not because we don't know the real numbers. That's the whole point. It's a subscription service. You don't need cable or satellite. Anybody can sign up directly for Showtime for $8.99. Those viewers are not counted by Nielsen.

Wilder fought an opponent NOBODY WANTED TO SEE, and he still peaked at 900,000 live viewers on cable TV alone. Plus however many cable subscribers watched on Showtime Anytime, plus however many non-cable subscribers watched directly on the Showtime app.

The most conservative estimate would still put it over a million viewers, even though Showtime has very few subscribers compared to ESPN. Less than a third. No reasonable objective person could say Wilder's ratings are mediocre. So it's very hard to take you seriously as someone trying to have a good faith discussion.

HBO Latino numbers are significant. You are either borderline racist
            Oh here we go. Please, I beg you, quote a single thing I said that was racist. I dare you. I'm Hispanic btw. But please, show the class my racism. Once you do that, we can move on to other topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
              Who care about the damn numbers. Boxing is the only sport where "fans" argue over ratings, networks, ppv buys & promoters. You got guys purposely not tuning into fights because of what network it's on or who's promoting it and talking about #TeamShowtine #TeamHBO #PBC #FVvCKHaymon etc. A true BOXING fan only cares about BOXING not all this other irrelevant ****.

I say fucc the networks fucc the promoters put these guys all one channel under one promoter like the NFL or the NBA !!!
              I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                I'd love to know who thought that. Clearly Thurman is the biggest draw at welterweight in the PBC universe.

Garcia may have been the biggest draw before he lost, but, um, HE LOST! Thurman is the man now. Spence is the heir apparent.

Heading into the fights it was very clear Spence-Peterson had more buzz than Garcia-Rios.
                I don't think Thurman is as big of a draw as you think. I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers for his fight also end up at about the range for DSG-Rios. We will see in May...

Comment

Oh no. Espinoza turned some these fooks into thinking they can now do ratings and graphs lol. Bad enough the majority of fools on here think they know how negotiation etc work better than management and promotors. This is a whole new can of worms opening. Lol. Now its "demographically ok" to do **** ratings because they thinking more ppl choose to stream boxing matches than watch through big screen smh. The app streamers will account for another hundy thousand at very best. Stop the bs. Pbc shoulda did right biz on networks and this wouldnt be an issue

Comment

HBO Latino numbers are significant. You are either borderline racist or just flat ignorant that Boxing fans are mostly Latino and we watch Spanish broadcasts over English broadcasts ALL THE TIME. If I’m watching the fights on hbo with my dad or my uncles u best believe we are watching hbo Latino.

I would bet my paycheck more people watch fights on HBO Latino than on the showtime app and you deep down know it’s true.

As for the showtime ratings. No matter how u slice it, 516k for danny Garcia is a weak rating. U can try to spin all u want but compared to other showtime numbers it’s still a low number.
                    I gotta agree there. Weird that some these ppl need to be right and need tothink haymon some kinda saviour and dont even realize it was a free failure and now its hitting showtime as well. And i aint happy about it. Iwant the best boxing from anybody. But denial is a very odd thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      It's safe to say all these format/promotional/network wars have murdered ratings. Haymon pissed away hundreds of millions for no discernible benefit to the sport.
                      After Haymon made his push with PBC, ESPN has partnered with PBC, TR and GBP to put more boxing on all their platforms. CBS, FOX and NBC have all had boxing on their main network, not just their cable TV subsidiaries. The biggest MMA star fought his only fight in a boxing ring. The quality of cards has steadily improved on SHO.

I think these have all benefited the sport. All of us did expect more given the vast amount of resources we were told Haymon had at his disposal. I would agree with anyone that opines they failed to meet expectations.

Comment

Working...
                      X