No announcement yet.

Steve Rolls is not that bad - change my mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
    Lol.... are you serious? I am fully expecting another GGG/Martirosyan spectacle. The guy is rated as the #77 middleweight in the world by BoxRec while GGG is #2 (some would argue he should be #1). This is a horrible mismatch, just because Rolls had some mild success against some C-level boxers and doesn't balloon between fights you think it's going to be competitive?

Do you think they picked Steve Rolls because they wanted a competitive, chess match of a fight? They want a huge early or mid-rounds KO for his DAZN debut, especially after his last two fights that went the distance with no KDs against Canelo.

I just want to make sure everybody read that ^, that cracked me up. One of the dumbest comments I've ever read in my life.
    Seriously though - you can't refute that comparison so you try and name call lol. If that makes you feel better be you

But the fact that Rolls beat and KD Nicholson, who tied Aleem, who was basically as good as Korobov/Charlo...I mean that says something. The guy is not that bad imo. That comparison proves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      It's pretty bad but I'll watch him get knocked out and whoever Madrimov knocks out, too
      I heard you mention that guy, hopefully the undercard isn't bad.

I hope Rolls gets a shot at another top guy after GGG because I don't think he's that bad. Not getting into ratings but based on who he been in with he seems to be on the same level as Aleem, Korobov, even Charlo and that's not terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
        Lol.... are you serious? I am fully expecting another GGG/Martirosyan spectacle. The guy is rated as the #77 middleweight in the world by BoxRec while GGG is #2 (some would argue he should be #1). This is a horrible mismatch, just because Rolls had some mild success against some C-level boxers and doesn't balloon between fights you think it's going to be competitive?

Do you think they picked Steve Rolls because they wanted a competitive, chess match of a fight? They want a huge early or mid-rounds KO for his DAZN debut, especially after his last two fights that went the distance with no KDs against Canelo.

I just want to make sure everybody read that ^, that cracked me up. One of the dumbest comments I've ever read in my life.
        Never said this would be some back and forth affair for 10 rounds. Just said Rolls is better than he has been advertised. If he is really 77 in the world and you are so knowledgeable go ahead and list the 76 above him.

And I'm not trying to be rude man, but I just don't think you're smart enough to keep following the logic of the quote below. It's not even my opinion - it's just the best basis we have for Rolls level - he has proven to be about the same level as Nicholson, Aleem, Korobov and Charlo. Somewhere in that mix. Sorry if that hurts your feelings for whatever reason? Maybe one of those guys is your brother or something?

"Resume wise he KD and beat Nicholson - who drew Aleem, who drew/lost to Korobov, who pretty much drew with Charlo. By that logic he barely beat a guy, who tied with a guy, who barely lost to Charlo and Korobov. Would put him about on their level."

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
          This fool said Rolls could make it a chess match.

Damn he took this to a whole new level lol. Classic use of boxrec and triangle theories to mask the smell of dung of this fight.
          Don't put words in my mouth lol. I said the first few rounds could be tight.

And have you ever watched boxing though lol? At the top level almost every fight has feel out rounds in the beginning.

Can't refute my logic so just goes to name calling lol. What a brilliant mind.

Let me break it down for you simpler.

So far Rolls showed he is about as good as Nicholson, Aleem, Korobov, and Charlo. That's what the facts say, not me.

Comment

Damn he took this to a whole new level lol. Classic use of boxrec and triangle theories to mask the smell of dung of this fight.
            Btw it's obviously not the fight I want to see...but unlike most people on here I actually follow boxing and watch clips and tapes of guys.

And when I watch Rolls he really isn't that bad. And his results so far show that as well.

But go ahead and give your brilliant opinion of the guy since you know so much - what are his strengths and weaknesses?

Comment

Btw who is using Boxrec - the guys who keep saying he sucks based on his boxrec rating? Or the guy who actually looks at his resume and his film lol.

Take that L man

Comment

Let me put it this way - this dude is a lot better than Hugo Centeno...no disrespect to him

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                  Btw it's obviously not the fight I want to see...but unlike most people on here I actually follow boxing and watch clips and tapes of guys.

And when I watch Rolls he really isn't that bad. And his results so far show that as well.

But go ahead and give your brilliant opinion of the guy since you know so much - what are his strengths and weaknesses?
                  Dude you are seriously considering triangle theories to prove your point several times as if that **** is credible. LMAO

Look Here's how Margarito is actually on the level of Pacquiao:

Margarito > Roberto Garcia > breidis prescott > Khan > Maidana > Morales > Pacquiao

Go home guy, your arguments are wack as *****. You are taking clips of the guy against C level opposition and making an assessment on how he can perform vs Golovkin?

You know who had a feel out round? GGG vs Martirosyan and it ended in round two.

Oh yeah but Martirosyan > ishe smith > bundrage >cory spinks > mayorga >forrest >mosley > ODLH

Comment

Leatherwood is average, that's true.

But the fact that Rolls beat and KD Nicholson, who tied Aleem, who was basically as good as Korobov/Charlo...I mean that says something. The guy is not that bad imo. That comparison proves it.
                    are you serious? that type of logic does not work in any sport

Comment

Seriously though - you can't refute that comparison so you try and name call lol. If that makes you feel better be you

Given that styles make fights, and every fight is different in its camp/psychology/atmosphere/motivation, you can't actually learn that much from a common opponent between two fighters.

Breazeale took Joshua 7 rds, Wilder got rid of him in 1. Does that mean that Wilder beats Joshua? No. People love to make the comparisons but they actually tell us very little.

Your comparison is like three people removed, using that logic to say that Rolls is on Charlo's level is hilarious to me because given that you can't put too much stake in performance against a common opponent (something any boxing head will tell you), this boxing edition of six degrees of separation you've come up with has absolutely no significance.

Sorry to have insulted you.

I've been getting really irritated lately with people defending mismatches. Let the promoter try and talk up a weak opponent, boxing fans shouldn't be defending bad fights. It only makes it easier for them to get made. It's like Stockholm Syndrome, I swear.

Comment

Working...
                      X